Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

This is my last post on this @corchjay and I just want you to know where I'm coming from & why I'm so passionate about my stance. Even though I don't have much coaching experience I do have a mind that is always thinking of finding the best way to do things. I strongly believe a coach should always be looking for the best opportunities to put his or her players in the best possible chance to win & succeed. To do this a coach needs to grow & evolve just as he or is expected to be passing on to his or her players so they are growing & evolving. I look at a coach that is not continually looking to grow & evolve as doing a disservice to his or her players by not giving them the best chances to succeed. I can handle losing as long as the coach is trying to learn, adapt, & get better at his or her craft. What I can't stand is a coach being so stuck in their ways they don't give their players the best chance at succeeding. That's why I'm completely done with Gus personally as AU's football coach. He has bold faced lied numerous times saying he was going to adapt & adjust yet never does. Gus is a closed minded coach & I can't stand people who are closed minded, especially in this case where all open minded means you simply give your players their better shot at succeeding. As a former coach it would eat me up inside if I was the reason for my players not succeeding to the best of their capabilities as has been the case with Gus a good bit of his AU tenure.

et.gif

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

AU leadership has to decide to get rid of Gus first....no small thing.

No they don't. They have to have what they feel is a better solution in place first, especially given all the financials involved here.

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No one said Gus leaked it.  But there are some who *might* leak a effort to oust him to attempt to scuttle it before it gains traction.  If you believe that keeping silent will allow the anti-Gus faction to secretly engineer a deal to replace him with Stoops, then keeping it quiet is no longer an option.  So you leak it in hopes that it will mess everything up.  

It's a non-ideal play, but might be perceived as the only viable one they have in a tense and desperate situation.  What really doesn't make sense is for the ones trying to make Stoops to AU happen to leak it before a solid deal is in place.  You don't want to possibly piss off Stoops (coaches generally like to keep this stuff quiet until everything is basically in place), give the other factions in the Auburn PTB an opportunity to react, or alert any other potential suitors to Stoops' interest in getting back in the game.  There's literally no good reason for the Stoops crowd to leak it - it helps them none and hurts them plenty.  But that's not necessarily true of the side that either backs Gus or simply doesn't think Auburn should fire a guy with that large a buyout.

I never said any specific person said Gus leaked it, only that the idea of such a thing doesn’t make sense to me as it hurts him more than helps him. It may or may not stop a deal for Stoops, but in doing so, there has been a glooming uncertainty of his future. Way more than before now, so how exactly does that make his job easier? The idea that power brokers are going behind your back to hiring your replacement when the AD and president just said you are safe a few weeks ago? Opponents will have a fueled day with that story. Just my opinion of course.

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

So it's ok to call people stupid and idiotic and such... got it.  Don't ever give me warning then...

I didn't call you stupid or idiotic.  I called things you said stupid or idiotic.  There's a difference.  I attacked your ideas, not you.

And I'll warn you anytime it's appropriate and you will just deal with it.

Ok fair enough we can go toe to toe in a debate.  I say it's click bait.   prove me wrong!  

Then you don't understand debate and aren't ready to go toe to toe with anyone, much less me.  The person who makes a positive assertion has the burden of proof.  That person is you.  If you assert it's clickbait, prove it.  But you don't get to pawn your responsibility off on others.

Because do you think his tweets, posts, reports are bringing viewers to his/their site or social media accounts?   Does he/they report for free?  No the more views the more pay the more subscriptions the more likes... all money makers.  

You think that Auburn people who read Josh Moon's tweets about Stoops are suddenly going to line his pockets with clicks to the AL Political Reporter?  Do you think these things through before typing them?  That literally makes no sense.

And Marcello and Tate have a great disincentive to foment spurious bull**** for clicks.  They grow a subscriber base by doing their best to provide good insider info.  Posting stuff that is made up nonsense for a temporary spike in clicks and maybe a few subs will backfire in the long run.  They aren't stupid and neither are their customers.  Once you gain the rep for sensationalism like this, you will never lose it and the subscription will dwindle.

This is why I'm calling BS on your logic.  Funny how you think I'm the one who doesn't understand how media works.

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Man there are two completely different auroras in this room right now. Some of us are just cracking jokes and being fools and the others are ready to literally fight each other in a Hell in a Cell. 

Silly season, dawg. Embrace it and let the good times flow. 

12 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

How because Gus or someone whined about it??? And since he is now mad about being replaced by Stoops he or someone close to him leaks it...boom everybody changes their mind and may decide to keep him...is that it? Seriously  or did I misinterpret it.

Yes you misinterpretted it but I'm done trying for the night. No offense Poet.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

This is my last post on this @corchjay and I just want you to know where I'm coming from & why I'm so passionate about my stance. Even though I don't have much coaching experience I do have a mind that is always thinking of finding the best way to do things. I strongly believe a coach should always be looking for the best opportunities to put his or her players in the best possible chance to win & succeed. To do this a coach needs to grow & evolve just as he or is expected to be passing on to his or her players so they are growing & evolving. I look at a coach that is not continually looking to grow & evolve as doing a disservice to his or her players by not giving them the best chances to succeed. I can handle losing as long as the coach is trying to learn, adapt, & get better at his or her craft. What I can't stand is a coach being so stuck in their ways they don't give their players the best chance at succeeding. That's why I'm completely done with Gus personally as AU's football coach. He has bold faced lied numerous times saying he was going to adapt & adjust yet never does. Gus is a closed minded coach & I can't stand people who are closed minded, especially in this case where all open minded means you simply give your players their better shot at succeeding. As a former coach it would eat me up inside if I was the reason for my players not succeeding to the best of their capabilities as has been the case with Gus a good bit of his AU tenure.

I agree with your premise but i fail to see where Gus hasn't changed.  Offense was good/great but defense was horrible.  made great hires to shore up the defense and the offense got stale.  Got rid of the OC and brought in a "air raid" guy.  and the offense looked like what you'd imagine mixing 2 offenses would look like.  Last year was just a coverup by an experienced OL, a great running back, and solid front 7 on defense.  So saying Gus is stubborn or close minded just isn't true in any way.  Gus offense isn't a heavy screen game.  That's Chip.  Gus's pass offense has always attacked the deep middle,  Chips pass game hasn't...   I think the problem is about the only thing most fans can view about change is are we a spread team, an I formation team, an Air Raid team or a running team.  The little changes no one sees.  This is not a defense of Gus it's a defense of the truth.  

These comments, arguments, tonight 😂 

At least will be a top 5 all time classic. If only Gus and the boys had as much fire that’s  in this thread we would be playoff bound and forum would be boring a S$$$.

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

Unless you read a “Gus is fired” thread then nothing has changed . Of course there was a false one today which was ridiculous.

I was hacked.....👀

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I never said any specific person said Gus leaked it, only that the idea of such a thing doesn’t make sense to me as it hurts him more than helps him.

True, but I think it's a meaningful distinction to make.  Gus might not leak it, but people who for various reasons (not all of them a love for Gus) don't want him fired this year would have reason to leak it.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

It may or may not stop a deal for Stoops, but in doing so, there has been a glooming uncertainty of his future. Way more than before now, so how exactly does that make his job easier? The idea that Lowe brokers are going behind your back to hiring your replacement when the AD and president just said you are safe a few weeks ago? Opponents will have a fueled day with that story. Just my opinion of course.

Again, it's not ideal.  But if you perceive the move toward Stoops as a legitimate threat and you think keeping Gus is the right move for Auburn at this time (either because you think Gus will fix things or your concerns are merely financial and PR related), then sitting idly by and letting it proceed secretly isn't an option anymore.  It wasn't a good look for Tuberville to have the plan to replace him with Petrino revealed either.  But it ultimately saved his job and he was here 5 more seasons.  Sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures.

6 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I'll say 8-4 but depends on QB play and of course health.  Immediate OL depth could be helped with a GT but doesn't help a lot long term.  Another factor will be who is the OC and does the system compliment Gus' system or work in contrast to it.  

OL could be slightly better. To go from one of the worst in the SEC to one of the best in the SEC in one season?

Whitlow can't go 3 games without injury.

We lose Ryan Davis, which is about half of the team's receptions + a Punt Returner who routinely netted positive yardage.

If we get Kelly Bryant, the zone read will be a big shot in the arm, but again, everything on offense revolves around OL.

Defense loses, at bottoms, four interior starters on the Front 7. If Davidson joins them, that's a near-tsunami of the Front 7. If Dean joins them, it only gets worse.

The last time we saw this many starting defenders leave was 1994. And 1995 was one of the worst defenses I've ever witnessed.

Sure, we've got Georgia and bammer at home. Big advantage, but we aren't beating either. At LSU ... it'll be 20 years ... do we really need to go there already? We know A&M and Florida (both on the road) will be much improved. That's five very likely losses. MSU at home will be tough. So will Oregon. 6-6 at best.

8 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Man there are two completely different auroras in this room right now. Some of us are just cracking jokes and being fools and the others are ready to literally fight each other in a Hell in a Cell. 

I'm Undertaker. Who's my Mankind?...

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, bmartin3228 said:

These comments, arguments, tonight 😂 

At least will be a top 5 all time classic. If only Gus and the boys had as much fire that’s  in this thread we would be playoff bound and forum would be boring a S$$$.

Then we’d still be throwing bubble screens on 3rd and forever. 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

You think that Auburn people who read Josh Moon's tweets about Stoops are suddenly going to line his pockets with clicks to the AL Political Reporter?  

I’m not jumping in on y’all’s beef, but there is financial gain. It is purpose  of any business, including journalism. 

Financial gain is there, but more indirect. Traffic leads to ads. Ads are the $$. When Craneworks, Hoover Toyota, Apple, Golden Flake and Coke keep tossing money, it’s there to be distributed accordingly. 

Just now, kwagoner said:

I’m not jumping in on y’all’s beef, but there is financial gain. It is purpose  of any business, including journalism. 

Financial gain is there, but more indirect. Traffic leads to ads. Ads are the $$. When Craneworks, Hoover Toyota, Apple, Golden Flake and Coke keep tossing money, it’s there to be distributed accordingly. 

The amount of clicks it would take to make a meaningful difference - this Stoops story wouldn't do it.  Especially if it's just bull**** they're making up.  It will have all the effect of a fart in a hurricane and be forgotten in a couple of days.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm Undertaker. Who's my Mankind?...

giphy.gif

Corch seems very Mankindy. I'm more of a late career Jericho early career Edge and Christian type. You're on The List!

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Then we’d still be throwing bubble screens on 3rd and forever. 

No doubt 🤦‍♂️ Buttttt I think Stidham would have taken more one yard steps to get first down before going to full fettle position when a defender is still 5 yards away from him. 😐 

Just now, TitanTiger said:

The amount of clicks it would take to make a meaningful difference - this Stoops story wouldn't do it.  Especially if it's just bull**** they're making up.  It will have all the effect of a fart in a hurricane and be forgotten in a couple of days.

AUF might be getting a little bump though. So that’s kind of cool. 

Archived