Music City Bowl vs. Purdue

tigerbrotha12

Biggest question: Over/Under on how many of our players sit out the bowl game this year? 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Look at the numbers. Or just wait and see. Unless Auburn game plans solely around stopping him... Just wait. And check out his numbers. And both Williams and Schwartz we're well known recruits. 

https://youtu.be/yPYsBLh_WIs

If a mod could edit this for me please and make it where it shows on here I would appreciate it...

That's what im saying.  They both were highly rated but they don't get the touches or targets that Rondale Moore gets. 

26 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Purdue has the best freshman WR in the nation. I've talked about him a few times on here this year. Rondale Moore. Kid is a gamer. Everyone who watches this game will know his name. 

I watched the tOSU game.  The kid was great and not the only Purdue receiver who can catch.  If AU can't get pressure on their QB, we're gonna get burned for some passing yardage. 

6 minutes ago, around4ever said:

That's what im saying.  They both were highly rated but they don't get the touches or targets that Rondale Moore gets. 

I don't think either of them are near as electric. That was against Ohio State and he made them look stupid. 

On a different note, if there coach became our coach, imagine what he could do with Worm? Worm could do this and probably more being as he is faster.

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

I watched the tOSU game.  The kid was great and not the only Purdue receiver who can catch.  If AU can't get pressure on their QB, we're gonna get burned for some passing yardage. 

This isn't the only game for him either. He has done this almost every game. I just know who he is from doing college fantasy football. I won my league because of him

If Auburn wins, Gus will have his 3rd 8-5 bowl record in 6 years. However, if Auburn loses, Gus will have his 2nd 7-6 record in his 6 years as Auburn's head coach.

• WarTiger changed the title to Music City Bowl vs. Purdue
3 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Isn't this the same Purdue team that beat Ohio State 49-20 at Ohio State? Yep, I thought so.

Negative, that was Eudrup.

Interesting that in 126 yrs of football we have never played Purdue, maybe they'll put in a good word about playing us with their Fighting Irish neighbors. Not the bowl we hoped for in August but yes, Nashville is a decent destination bowl - getting tix for my family right now (doable road trip from Tallahassee). Somehow feels like our Tangerine Bowl matchup vs B.C. when I was an undergrad - man was that fun!

Either way, Malzahn will end the 2018 season at 8-5 or 7-6. That kind of record is really worth 49 million dollars over 7 years.

I was really hoping for the Texas Bowl vs TCU. This is another game where we are literally playing for nothing and against a team that can beat you who is going to want it. I had much rather play another disappointed team who doesn't get to travel.

8 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

This is another game where we are literally playing for nothing and against a team that can beat you who is going to want it.

if your coach is gus malzahn, anybody can beat you

7 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Either way, Malzahn will end the 2018 season at 8-5 or 7-6. That kind of record is really worth 49 million dollars over 7 years.

copy and paste copy and paste copy and paste copy and paste copy and paste ......................that's all your doing a4e get another gig

Typical underrated Auburn bowl opponent - beat them and media says so what, lose to them and...well, see fallout from our peach bowl debacle vs UCF. For folks belittling this 2018 edition of Purdue, they lost their 1st 3 games by a combined 8 pts then got their act together in a very big way - crushing Ohio State by over 4 TDs and toying w/ then #23 BC. (This just in: Big 10 champ Ohio State is an okay team). Since then - except a headscratcher vs Minn - Purdue is playing consistently good football IMO. 

42 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Look at the numbers. Or just wait and see. Unless Auburn game plans solely around stopping him... Just wait. And check out his numbers. And both Williams and Schwartz we're well known recruits. 

This was my point on that thread we have the most talented class in the country....let a guy score a couple of td 's for us and we think he's the best ever lol.

I know how to cover this guy. Put him on our team. Magically he won't be able to get open and all that other bull we like to say 

54 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I don't think either of them are near as electric. That was against Ohio State and he made them look stupid. 

im sure we will put Thomas or iggy on him and then he will burn us for some long TD's 

Brohm, with a bunch of 2 stars, against Gus with the talent he has on the sidelines and this will be very close. It shouldn’t be, but if Gus goes into the bowl with last year’s attitude, we loose.

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Interesting that in 126 yrs of football we have never played Purdue, maybe they'll put in a good word about playing us with their Fighting Irish neighbors. Not the bowl we hoped for in August but yes, Nashville is a decent destination bowl - getting tix for my family right now (doable road trip from Tallahassee). Somehow feels like our Tangerine Bowl matchup vs B.C. when I was an undergrad - man was that fun!

Wait until game day to buy tickets outside the stadium.  Much cheaper almost free.

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

Friday game.....so I'll miss the first half at least. 

Bummer.

That's the only day I work over the entire Christmas break.  And a lunch kickoff.  Oye!

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Brohm, with a bunch of 2 stars, against Gus with the talent he has on the sidelines and this will be very close. It shouldn’t be, but if Gus goes into the bowl with last year’s attitude, we lose.

Urban has recruited even better than Gus and got run off the field by Purdue, so nothing that happens in this game would surprise me.

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh the irony. This will be a good barometer of how good Jeff Brohm is. If he smacks us around with his 2 star recruits, odds are he's a better bet than Gus.

We played the Iron Bowl last week.  This isn't the Music City Bowl, it's the Ironic Bowl.  How many people on this site want Brohm as our coach?

1 hour ago, AU '76 said:

Wait until game day to buy tickets outside the stadium.  Much cheaper almost free.

This is what I am planning on doing. Nashville is a 2 1/2 hour drive from my house. Be a nice day trip. (If we win🤣).

10 minutes ago, WVR said:

This is what I am planning on doing. Nashville is a 2 1/2 hour drive from my house. Be a nice day trip. (If we win🤣).

Nashville is worth at least one night downtown. 🍺🎼🎸🎻

Archived