Who replaces Chip?

auburnphan

1 hour ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Still, not supporting him next year and allowing him the assets that other coaches receive isn't going to benefit Auburn in the future.

The sooner he leaves the quicker Auburn benefits in the future.  The longer he is here the more Auburn suffers in the future.

The should of fired him and payed him vs what they are doing now.

They should have let Arkansas take him vs. giving him the huge buyout BEFORE the season was over.  

I guess overall I agree with you, but I don't care that he is getting the screws right now.  He's already proven that he's not going to produce consistently no matter what assets he has.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

And BTW Bentley might surprise everyone IF he’s given an opportunity to actually run the offense. He’s high quality offensive football. 

This sounds like a nearly identical response to the one that was made about Chip Lindsay when he arrived as the OC.

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

i just hope its bentley.....if he passes, then its "you know who" being promoted because of his great and innovative coaching with the WR's

I don't know.  Kodi might be the new OLine Coach....seeing as to how his WR's block better than Grimes' crew....

For that matter Grimes could possibly be the new WR coach, seeing as to how athletic his O-Linemen were what with all the back-flips and summersaults they did all year.

2 hours ago, around4ever said:

Bentley was the only interview other than Freeze.  I assume real OCs wouldn't even talk to Gus. 

The problem is he does not even try to interview them if he has no connection to them. Gus is his own worst enemy. He has not changed. He has never changed. He will never change. SMH.

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

And BTW Bentley might surprise everyone IF he’s given an opportunity to actually run the offense. He’s high quality offensive football. 

IF given a opportunity. LOL how many times can we go down this road and see it is clearly a dead end. Gus gonna Gus. He will yank by the playcalling if he even gives it up like he did the 2 previous times. We know how this plays out. Thankfully there is only 1 more season of this we have to put up with this BS. O excuse me Bull crap. War Dern Eagle!

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The problem is he does not even try to interview them if he has no connection to them. Gus is his own worst enemy. He has not changed. He has never changed. He will never change. SMH.

I wonder how many declined an interview with Gus.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

IF given a opportunity. LOL how many times can we go down this road and see it is clearly a dead end. Gus gonna Gus. He will yank by the playcalling if he even gives it up like he did the 2 previous times. We know how this plays out. Thankfully there is only 1 more season of this we have to put up with this BS. O excuse me Bull crap. War Dern Eagle!

No s*** Sherlock. I’m just stating the obvious. Lol

Just now, autigeremt said:

I am a Watson kinda of yeller feller myself! lol. LET ME VENT!!! I thought you were trying to take up for Gus and at this point anyone who sticks up for gus repulses me! hahaha.

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I wonder how many declined an interview with Gus.

I suspect this post has a lot of merit.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:
2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I am a Watson kinda of yeller feller myself! lol. LET ME VENT!!! I thought you were trying to take up for Gus and at this point anyone who sticks up for gus repulses me! hahaha.

No, EMT is definitely one of us....on the dark side.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Just now, AUsince72 said:

No, EMT is definitely one of us....on the dark side.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Thank God. I can not take many more sunshine Gus pumpers like 64, Mikey and that Coach guy!!! haha.

21 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Thank God. I can not take many more sunshine Gus pumpers like 64, Mikey and that Coach guy!!! haha.

At what parking lot are you and Coarch having your throw-down later?

And, Mikey says:

82C07CE5-FEAD-4953-A620-BFA9FB136408.gif

10 minutes ago, fredst said:

At what parking lot are you and Coarch having your throw-down later?

And, Mikey says:

82C07CE5-FEAD-4953-A620-BFA9FB136408.gif

gold.gif

Since most likely it will be for 1 year, why not hire Patrick Nix as OC/QB coach. If Patrick's offense puts up big numbers, he might be back for 2020 as GM gets his walking papers after going 8-5 or 7-6 again.

3 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Since most likely it will be for 1 year, why not hire Patrick Nix as OC/QB coach. If Patrick's offense puts up big numbers, he might be back for 2020 as GM gets his walking papers after going 8-5 or 7-6 again.

Brilliant!!! All problems solved

3 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Those programs also are not currently trying to run off their current coach and do what they can to insure failure in 2019.

I guess I'm gonna hold judgment until its announced. This reminds me a lot of when this guy was "hired" as our DC only for us to get Muschamp.

It does suck that we are at this point as a program...

d8irunKB_400x400.jpg

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If Bently passes, I'd like to look at Brent Dearmon before Kodi

Had to look him up.

Then I said "Ugh".

You're probably right...

I’m sure kodi burns will get it  now that Bentley didn’t take it . No big name guy is going to take it knowing Gus is gone after next year . This is literally the longest firing in cfb history 

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Can't be done. NCAA rules won't allow a coach who coached a recruit to get hired at the university where the recruit goes. (Even if it's his dad). At least for a year, I think...

Archived