auburnphan

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

If Bently passes, I'd like to look at Brent Dearmon before Kodi

I would take a look at you and @ellitor as our OC before Kodi lol

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Is Nick Nolte or Nicholas Cage looking for a job ? The movie being filmed in AU is damn near unbelievable right now 

NICK NOLTE!?!?!?!

Holy crap, I'm SOLD!!!!

LimpingRawKatydid-max-1mb.gif

8 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

NICK NOLTE!?!?!?!

Holy crap, I'm SOLD!!!!

LimpingRawKatydid-max-1mb.gif

Did you see him in North Dallas forty?!?!? Dude can play!! Does he still have any eligibility left?! lol

7 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I guess overall I agree with you, but I don't care that he is getting the screws right now.  He's already proven that he's not going to produce consistently no matter what assets he has.

Ya, but the guys you will wanna go after post Gus are gonna care. Just like all those coaches saying no thanks to us now. It's not all Gus, alot of it is how Auburn handles its business and it just got tossed out in the open even more.

And who is really getting the screws? The fans/alumni or Gus? Gus is gonna walk away with millions and a built in excuse for not succeeding in 2019 and land somewhere else. We will potentially be dealing with the "stand in" coach and the havoc that will result in for years.

But hey.... when we are still putting up 7-5 and 6-6 and losing to UGA/Bama yearly we can thump our chest and talk about 2019 and how we stuck it to ole Gus.

You downvoted or facepalmed earlier for making a joke about Nix.... well take a look at this thread. Getting no's from coaches and others are already going to the AU alumni well and suggesting we bring him in.

And since you seem to like to call me out, please make sure you check that post where I said No do not extend his contract last year and see where he wanted to be.

Shouldn't of extended last year, should of fired him vs what they are doing now, and since he isn't fired they need to fully support and give him the resources to succeed.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

@GwillMac6 Gus wouldn't have me. I like to get the ball to my best athletes in space so they can maximize damage, use the entire field instead of shallows on each side & deep balls, & with the make up of our offensive personnel run a lot of 4 wide sets to help with the spacing.

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@GwillMac6 Gus wouldn't have me. I like to get the ball to my best athletes in space so they can maximize damage, use the entire field instead of shallows on each side & deep balls, & with the make up of our offensive personnel run a lot of 4 wide sets to help with the spacing.

That sounds awful complicated. Couldn't we just execute better?

58 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You’re one crazy SOB!!!! 🤣

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

We’re young.  We’ll be better next year.  We just need to execute.  That’s on me.  We’ll get it fixed.  We need to run the ball better.  That player has a role.   

1 hour ago, AU82 said:

We’re young.  We’ll be better next year.  We just need to execute.  That’s on me.  We’ll get it fixed.  We need to run the ball better.  That player has a role.   

You forgot, and “ everything that goes with that!”

My opinion is Chip was so valuable NO one can replace him. That’s why we can’t find a replacement! Yeah, that’s it!

11 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

We should reach out to Tee Martin. Gus is going to be the OC regardless, so why not let Tee recruit and coach QB’s while Gus calls the plays

Tee Martin's name keeps coming up in this thread but is there any evidence that Tee Martin has ever developed a quarterback at the collegiate level? He was wide receiver coach and offensive coordinator at USC but not the QB coach. So why all of a sudden  should he be able to to coach and develop a quarterback?

At this point i really don't want a replacement. if we could just find someone that could actually coach a quarterback up. Quarterback development has been a huge issue. Let Gus design the offense. Let it live or die in his hands. He has success and he has had failures. Though I have low expectations for next year, i'm ready to see what a pure Gus offense looks like in 2019. Find / use a duel threat qb. will it look like 2013/14 or 2015 / 16?

This whole thing needs to just end, before Auburn finds itself for real in Vanderbilt/Tennessee territory. This administration and coaching staff has done nothing since December of 2017 but **** up.

10 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

And since you seem to like to call me out, please make sure you check that post where I said No do not extend his contract last year and see where he wanted to be.

Shouldn't of extended last year, should of fired him vs what they are doing now, and since he isn't fired they need to fully support and give him the resources to succeed.

First, don't mean to call you out or make it personal.  Like I say overall I mostly agree.  Gus has been putting the screws to us fans for the last 5 years so I don't mind seeing him squirm a bit now.  And, I don't think it will make a difference on who the next Head coach is, other than they will probably have a good attorney look over the contract in addition to their agent.  They understand Gus has made his bed here.

I try hard to stay off the forum bc of the ongoing misery but “putting the screws to the fans”!!! Really??? That implies intent. The guy is not successful as a head coach. That’s too bad. The people in power gave him a lot of money. Bad deal. If anyone put the screws to the fan, it’s them.  Some act like Gus is intentionally a bad coach. Fire him, give him his money, but the personal attacks are crazy. 

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

before Auburn finds itself for real in Vanderbilt/Tennessee territory

It looks like we may already be there. UT did beat us if you remember.

At this point go ahead and give the OC job to Kodicat he is co- coordinator already.  It's just a job in name only for who gets it any way. Hire a QB coach or WR coach and move forward.

39 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

“putting the screws to the fans”!!! Really??? That implies intent

Just a figure of speech from enduring the misery of watching incompetent game plans, talent wasted, lack of ability to adjust in games, etc, etc, etc.  I'd almost rather he was intending to do it, because he would probably screw it up...lol.

2 hours ago, kd4au said:

It looks like we may already be there. UT did beat us if you remember.

Until we are irrelevant and unable to compete for 10 years, we aren't in Tenn and Vanderbilt territory. Let's not forget that we did play for the SEC championship and were ranked 2nd in the Nation at one point a year ago. This is still fixable. We haven't completely fallen apart. 

18 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Until we are irrelevant and unable to compete for 10 years, we aren't in Tenn and Vanderbilt territory. Let's not forget that we did play for the SEC championship and we're ranked 2nd in the Nation at one point a year ago. This is still fixable. We haven't completely fallen apart. 

spicolifixit.gif

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Oh, so I'm not the only one who feels that way. But. Now that I think about it, might as well be Kodi. It's only going to be a one year deal.

With our 2018 offense, the opposing team could guess at an extremely high percentage, run versus pass, and if pass, EXACTLY where the pass was being thrown. Thus the offense’s D1 ranking of 94th. There are a tremendous number of offensive minds that could, and  would,  do better than this with our talent. In terms of production. Therein lies the frustration. The lack of creativity, and the lack of  preparing schemes per opponent, is mind boggling. Not getting the ball to playmakers, continuing to run one point five yards, again and again....

there is no doubt in my mind that the best OC we will be able to convince to take this job will have little-to-no resume, and will appreciate the hell out of the $500,000.  Think about it, if you were offered a job and it was relatively easy to get in touch with the last person to hold that title, you are going to call that person and he is going to tell you in no uncertain terms, exactly what the position entails. And he will answer the questions that you have, honestly.

After talking to Chip, nobody that we have ever heard of, would accept the job.  We will need to offer a nobody, a hefty raise.  Or offer a fallen talent, redemption.  Which I am 100% in favor of doing.  

Archived