Men at North Carolina State - game thread

WarTiger

Well, I will be 100% in agreement with @cole256‘s “mentally weak” assessment this week. AU just didn’t show any composure for any stretch of this one. NC State just put it to AU and they fell apart. Just have to learn and get better. 

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tigers down 69-57.  timeout.    Very tough to win on the road and even tougher when you don't take care of the basketball and end up with over 20 turnovers.

3 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Not sure if Wiley just can’t handle some of these passes or if they are a little off. So many feeds turned into the turnovers

He's kinda got hands of stone.

Just now, jared52 said:

Well, I will be 10p% in agreement with @cole256‘s “mentally weak” assessment this week. AU just didn’t show any composure for any stretch of this one. NC State just put it to AU and they fell apart. Just have to learn and get better. 

With all the guys returning and Bruce, mental should really not be an issue at this point 

Our poor shooting from the field caught up with us tonight......ranked about 100th.  Have had a guard oriented offense and neither starter has done much tonight. Thankfully  McM has taken up some of the slack to keep the score respectable thus far.

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

its obvious this team is not as good as we thought.....not smart, just frustrating, though i expected to lose tonight due to how we have played the last 3-4 games

For as much 'experience ' as this team has we play very stupid. We're a middling tournament team bounced in 1st or second round. 

Just now, WarTiger said:

tigers down 69-57.  timeout.    Very tough to win on the road and even tougher when you don't take care of the basketball and end up with over 20 turnovers.

And don't run your O.

Guards deciding to go all Dribble Drive.

Hate the sh@#%^T!

Hopefully instead of being a continuation of a downward trajectory, this is the game that wakes them up. It’s just been a sparse lack of diverse team ball and a real lack of offensive focus against gritty defensive efforts 

25 TOS would get you beat against Samford or Troy, most of them not even making sense. I’m not even sure how it’s possible to have that many as a top 10 team 

Officiating has been terribly inconsistent. Sometimes street ball, other times you better not breathe on them. 

this team has some problems and it looks like they don't want to share the ball....their body language is not good at all....we'll win 20 and make the dance, but we're not a top 10 ten....good, not real good and i thought we were better

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

Yep, I saw one was winnable for sure, but AU just laid a giant egg. It’s an opportunity for some humility and assessment. There are some good things, or maybe just one thing, to take from this one, but otherwise, just a bad loss on the books. Long way to go, both in the season and in the team developing. 

Wiley and handing passes?  does he have small hands or what ?  Lots of missed opportunities with his TOs.

Got home about 5 minutes ago and just got the game on. I have no idea what’s happened up to this point but my god we look terrible the last 3:00 minutes of gameplay. It’s issues that have worried me all year- lazy ball movement on offense, lazy off the ball movement on offense, “me vs everyone” drives, poor shot selection, lazy rotations on defense. These are things that have been problems ALL YEAR but haven’t cost us because we’ve been lucky or just more talented than our opponents. These are coaching issues and they’re exposing us in a BIG way.

/rant

We are just playing stupid tonight, and honestly the last 3 games.  I don't understand why we force so many passes when others are open, like that last inbounds pass.  Just stupid.  

Archived