Men at North Carolina State - game thread

WarTiger

A few more made wide open shots and a few less turnovers and this one is AU’s. It’s clear there needs to be a leader on this team but to say the guys don’t care is laughable and some of you need to find something else to do besides watching AU and post. I’m pretty negative at times, but geez. Bad nights happen to a lot of teams, and AU is still finding their way right now. If they go .500 and miss the tournament, yeah, bring the nega-barners out, but come one man...

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruce coaching hard....his shirt is soaking wet........:)

5 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I don’t think they’ve been the problem tonight 

Disagree with you there. Missed calls and inconsistency by Valentine. Got mugged on a few no calls and we would get within 2 and they’d start calling touch fouls. We made mistakes and need to play much better, yes, but that was sorry officiating 

Well it's a reasonably close loss on the road to a pretty good team ….if you read about it in the paper you might say...":OK , not too surprising".....but if you watched the game you have to wonder whether AU is really a top ten or top 15 team.    

Just need to get back home and play some better basketball.

Disappointing but I think we will be ok. That’s a very good team and Bryce and Jared did not play well. Glad to see Jvon can fill in when Bryce is off

Not too many positives other than Wiley, Dunbar, and McCormick. It's nice to see the latter have a great game and makes me a lot more hopeful that Harper can take a rest and have a serviceable backup. Lets hope this game gives him a lot more confidence and wakes the rest of the team up. 

turnovers, lazy passes, concentration on catching the ball, passive rebounding, free throws, failure to followup on what was working, some egos, and some lack of hustle tonight....if they don't snap out of the funk, they'll lose double digit games this season....they are so far out of sorts that it will take a masterful job of coaching to get them back in line

2 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Ugly

We stopped going to wiley but we did start having guards go by them and lay it in.  Anfernee and Bryce saw a lot of the bench at the end.

i hope Purifoy gets up to speed soon

Yeah, Danjel looks pretty lost.

Looked like we were playing 4 on 5 a couple of times when he was in the game.

He has gotten to practice with them right?

NC state is a solid team but they will get pummeled by teams with good inside game ... which we got away from

harper and Bryce’s lack of length showed up in the D.  Really all of our one and 2 guards lack of length got exposed 

2 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Yeah, Danjel looks pretty lost.

Looked like we were playing 4 on 5 a couple of times when he was in the game.

He has gotten to practice with them right?

Yes but the news that he had to lose weight ... AFTER the season started told me he was no where near mentally ready

Just now, mustache eagle said:

Yes but the news that he had to lose weight ... AFTER the season started told me he was no where near mentally ready

I saw him going to the bench and wondered about that.  He didn't look as cut as in the past.

Surprised to hear that.  Surely he'll play his way into shape.

Archived