Winning streak

Erik81

Assuming Auburn winning streak ends next year (might not), who would you rather lose to?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming Auburn winning streak ends next year (might not), who would you rather lose to?

• GEORGIA TECH
    • MISSISSIPPI STATE
    • BALL STATE
    • WESTERN KENTUCKY (HC)
    • SOUTH CAROLINA
    • at Arkansas
    • at LSU Baton Rouge
    • OLE MISS
    • at Kentucky
    • at Georgia
    • ALABAMA
    • SEC Championship Game
    • Bowl Game

I'm not saying we will lose to anyone next year (we probably will drop a game or two due to youth at skill positions IMO), but if we do then who would it bother you the least to lose to? I say Georgia

-by then we will have the longest winning streak in school history

-UGA is not in the Western division

-I couldn't stand a loss to Bama or LSU as much as UGA

-with the game being at UGA then the loss wouldn't be as bad moral wise

-a loss to Georgia Tech would be killer for moral early in the year and not reflect well on the SEC and we would hear about our non conference schedule last year

-I don't want us pulling a Bama and losing to any patsies on our schedule

-I wouldn't want us to lose the SEC Championship game or the bowl game because those are more important games

mine's arkansas. they aren't going to be good enough to win the west, i don't really care about breaking the win streak since i was there for almost every game of both, and we'd have great motivation to bounce back the following game. plus their fans are the nicest i've ever seen.

-a loss to Georgia Tech would be killer for moral early in the year and not reflect well on the SEC and we would hear about our non conference schedule last year

154938[/snapback]

I was going to say Ga Tech since it wouldn't affect our conference chances at all, but would be the most respectable out-of-conference opponent to lose to. However, your persuasive arguments have brought me around to your view--if we gotta lose, let it be the Eastern bulldogs.

(Besides, even if we lost to them in the regular season, we could hope for a rematch in Atlanta for the SECCG! :D )

I want to know what LSU fans actually particpated in this poll and put LSU down.....I cant think of one member here who would list LSU.

Dang, can I change my vote ? I was thinking who Auburn would be LIKELY to lose to, not who we'd rather lose to. Kinda jumped the gun on that question.

Of course, I could have just left it blank, and say we're gonna go undefeated again next season. :big:

Whenever we play Troy, in a gazillion years or so, that would be a less than a week long depression loss.

I also agree that UGA is the one, but on the other hand, losing the Bowl game is meaningless in terms of effect, unless it is the Rose Bowl! :big:

Guest Tigrinum Major
I also agree that UGA is the one, but on the other hand, losing the Bowl game is meaningless in terms of effect, unless it is the Rose Bowl!  :big:

155084[/snapback]

Disagree, a strong showing in a bowl can be a momentum builder going into the next year, it is a great recruiting tool if kids see that the program is on the upswing, and it boosts your final ranking and the preseason ranking fo rthe next year, which can be VERY important as we saw last year.

Never want to lose to anyone, but, a loss to the puppies would hurt less thatn any on the schedule. :au:

I must be thinking wrong but why in the world does anyone pick any game except the bowl game? That means we go undefeated regular season, win the SECC, and the bowl game would then be (hopefully) for the NC. If we lose the bowl game, we at least got to play for the NC and rake in big bucks for it. So someone explain why pick Georgia, or anyone else, and perhaps likely lose the chance to play for the NC?

I must be thinking wrong but why in the world does anyone pick any game except the bowl game? That means we go undefeated regular season, win the SECC, and the bowl game would then be (hopefully) for the NC. If we lose the bowl game, we at least got to play for the NC and rake in big bucks for it. So someone explain why pick Georgia, or anyone else, and perhaps likely lose the chance to play for the NC?

155113[/snapback]

Because the chances of us going undefeated in the regular season and play for a NC are very very slim this year. Come on, look at the latest mock NFL draft...we'll have our work cut out for us. ;)

Not pulling the "doom 'n gloom" card but Rose Bowl? More than likely not...

155113[/snapback]

Because the chances of us going undefeated in the regular season and play for a NC are very very slim this year. Come on, look at the latest mock NFL draft...we'll have our work cut out for us. ;)

Not pulling the "doom 'n gloom" card but Rose Bowl? More than likely not...

155121[/snapback]

You are talking reality. The poll asks a theoretical question. Read the poll question, forget reality, and what's the logical answer?

As much as i would rather lose to Georgia over LSU, we are going to beat Georgia. They just lost their starting QB, who was a huge chunk of their offense, and i am liking how Auburn's D stacks up against any team's running game, including UGA's.

I wouldn't want to lose to anybody but if we did I would rather lose to a weak sister of the poor like Mississippi State or Ball State just so that we could write it off as a fluke and still win the division. Chances are though that if we lost to either of those teams (which we won't) we sure as hell wouldn't beat LSU, UGA, or probably Bama. :au::au:

UGA gets my vote as well. That's my second favorite rivalry after Bama but I don't have the same feeling about the UGA series as I do AU/UA. It's a fun rivalry to me and I've always enjoyed their fans.

Archived