Updated: Roe v. Wade overturned

AUDub

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

The right, everyone. 

Not following you.   What right are you referring to?

6 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Not following you.   What right are you referring to?

You and your's patting yourselves on the back in a "states rights" circlejerk.

You remember that scene in The Simpsons where they're talking about how a bill becomes a law and there's this crazy bill that becomes a law and then he says "doors open boys! Come on in!" and all these crazy laws start showing up?

That's pretty much what we're going to have for a while when it comes to abortion laws

https://youtu.be/pSANTRnEBgg

So your approach of cramming one set of values down everyone’s throats from a federal level is better?   Kind of a conform or die approach?   Seems a little authoritative, don’t ya think?

why bother with states at all?  Disband states, overturn the courts and just install a monarch…..

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

You remember that scene in The Simpsons where they're talking about how a bill becomes a law and there's this crazy bill that becomes a law and then he says "doors open boys! Come on in!" and all these crazy laws start showing up?

That's pretty much what we're going to have for a while when it comes to abortion laws

https://youtu.be/pSANTRnEBgg

No, never really watched cartoons, but I get your point

• Like 1

But, one could almost argue we’ve been having crazy laws - for example later term and partial birth abortions are pretty crazy, no?

5 minutes ago, GoAU said:

So your approach of cramming one set of values down everyone’s throats from a federal level is better?   Kind of a conform or die approach?   Seems a little authoritative, don’t ya think?

why bother with states at all?  Disband states, overturn the courts and just install a monarch…..

As much as you want to argue "state's rights!" you're making a fool of yourself.

This opinion essentially obliterates the right to privacy should it come to pass on a federal level, and wildy divergent laws between states is a harebrained idea.

s***, I've had a vasectomy. Imagine me being arrested in Florida when I go on vacation should the next logical step in Alito's logic occur and Griswold go by the wayside. Or if my wife or daughters are on birth control.

Edited by AUDub
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

As much as you want to argue "state's rights!" you're making a fool of yourself.

This opinion essentially obliterates the right to privacy should it come to pass on a federal level, and wildy divergent laws between states is a harebrained idea.

s***, I've had a vasectomy. Imagine me being arrested in Florida when I go on vacation should the next logical step if Alito's logic occur and Griswold go by the wayside. 

You throw that stupid example together and say I’m making a fool of myself???  LOL, you must be kidding.  And your use of the word “logic”!in that statement is comical.  

Just now, GoAU said:

You throw that stupid example together and say I’m making a fool of myself???  LOL, you must be kidding.  And your use of the word “logic”!in that statement is comical.  

It's not a stupid example. Alito literally railed on Griswold in the opinion. 

You think it's ******* stupid because you can't think critically. 

The right, everyone. 

Just now, AUDub said:

You think it's ******* stupid because you can't think critically. 

The right, everyone. 

See, typical leftist - someone that doesn’t agree with you can’t think critically.  

Libs like you want to push centralized rules on everyone, squash dissenting opinions and then have the audacity to call the other side fascists.  Kind of comical. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

No

20 hours ago, GoAU said:

See, typical leftist - someone that doesn’t agree with you can’t think critically.  

I addressed the substance and literally spelled it out for you. Read the draft.

You have no idea of the ramifications of what boils down to the elimination of the unenumerated right to privacy on the federal level, do you?

20 hours ago, GoAU said:

Libs like you want to push centralized rules on everyone, squash dissenting opinions and then have the audacity to call the other side fascists.  Kind of comical. 

And your argument is that "fascism is cool on a state level, as long as the majority in that state are cool with it."

Can't. Think. Critically. 

Edited by AUDub

4 minutes ago, GoAU said:

No

That's a well known Libertarian. 

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

s***, I've had a vasectomy. Imagine me being arrested in Florida when I go on vacation should the next logical step in Alito's logic occur and Griswold go by the wayside. Or if my wife or daughters are on birth control.

Wow. The left are dumb as rocks.  The republic is safe if this is their mentality.

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

I addressed the substance and literally spelled it out for you. Read the draft.

You have no idea of the ramifications of what boils down to the elimination of the enumerated right to privacy on the federal level, do you?

And your argument is that "fascism is cool on a state level, as long as the majority in that state are cool with it."

I don’t see this issue as an end to privacy at all. It’s an end to wrongly asserted federal authority over a states rights issue.  There is no right to privacy when it comes to the termination of a human life. 

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

That's a well known Libertarian. 

I could care less.   One, I am not a libertarian.  Two, I develop my own thoughts and opinions and don’t rely on just copying and pasting the thoughts of others.   

18 hours ago, GoAU said:

I don’t see this issue as an end to privacy at all. It’s an end to wrongly asserted federal authority over a states rights issue.  There is no right to privacy when it comes to the termination of a human life. 

Griswold was the case that basically codified that right. This draft, should it become the final opinion on the case, essentially obliterates a half century of keeping the government out of your business. 

You're myopic as hell. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Two, I develop my own thoughts and opinions and don’t rely on just copying and pasting the thoughts of others.   

Doesn't say much about the quality of said thoughts and opinions, I'm afraid. 

What do you think about buying condoms at the store? State governments can stop that under your reasoning. 

What to you think about gay marriage? Put that one on the board.

What do you think about interracial marriage? Ooh buddy I'd love to see you're justification if we hit that hypothetical.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Doesn't say much about the quality of said thoughts and opinions, I'm afraid. 

I happen to think your an idiot as wellbut it doesn’t have much bearing on the conversation.  However, if you want to resort to name calling we can certainly go there.