Updated: Roe v. Wade overturned

AUDub

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

so now you love ted? he ran off in a public crisis to vacation and got shamed back in the country. you are not very smart. so lets quit this before the thread gets locked.

Did I say I loved Ted?  You’re the one throwing out the personal attacks.  You made the appeal to discuss the issue and wanted a differing viewpoint, and when you get it you get your gender neutral undergarments in a bind……

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i will discuss anything but you come off as being a jerk. that is what i get from your text?

The feeling is mutual, but you are the one throwing around insults.  

Just now, GoAU said:

The feeling is mutual, but you are the one throwing around insults.  

well you threw up trump in my face and he is disgusting. then you threw up ted. i have nothing for either so i take that as a shot so lets put it all on the table. and you still have not answered the question i asked that you replied to. why would anyone want to outlaw birth control if they want to save babies. you just wanted to know what religions i was taking a shot at.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Republicans will complain about this, but they’ve earned it recently with the direction they’re going.

That's great. I love it. 

Hope Democrats and Liberal groups make a concentrated, hard push in pounding home this 'anti-women's right' message. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GoAU said:

I’m not making this about Trump at all, just pointing out that the cries to pack courts are only coming from one side. 

But so far, only one side has succeeded in doing so.  And we are reaping the benefits of the Trump/McConnell court.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Addenda: If you are the father of the child, you should be on the hook for all of the $$$ responsibility.  It does indeed all start with a penis. 

if you just met a chick and yall have sex and she gets preggers and decides to keep it i think it should be halved if they are not married. why should a man have to pay the whole thing? am i missing something?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/05/louisiana-republicans-advance-bill-that-would-charge-abortion-homicide/

Republicans already starting to introduce bills to classify abortion as murder and to make it possible to arrest and charge mothers who seek abortions with crimes. 

• Like 1

Both sides have their own issues with the background of abortion. Here in the middle we see the pros and cons and would like to see adults take care of the issue once and for all. Unfortunately it's used as a political tool too often and nothing ever gets done for the betterment of the "entire" nation. 

My opinion? Let the states decide. If California wants to be abortion central let them have at it. If Mississippi doesn't, let them have at it. I see issues with how both handle it myself. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

well you threw up trump in my face and he is disgusting. then you threw up ted. i have nothing for either so i take that as a shot so lets put it all on the table. and you still have not answered the question i asked that you replied to. why would anyone want to outlaw birth control if they want to save babies. you just wanted to know what religions i was taking a shot at.

I didn’t throw anything in your face - just tried to show consistency.  

Regarding Cruz, I also didn’t throw him in your face - you quoted him criticizing Pete B. as an attack against babies, I merely pointed out that it was directed more at Pete for Pete’s actions and had zero to do with caring for babies. 

I will ask for a third time - who is trying to outlaw birth control?   You continue to make this claim that conservatives are trying to outlaw birth control and I have never heard of such craziness (with the exception of the views of the Catholic Church - which is their stance, not a push for legislation).  I am not aware of, nor would I support making birth control illegal.  However, I do not want it paid for by the government.  If someone chooses to have sex, they should be responsible for their own protection.  

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

Both sides have their own issues with the background of abortion. Here in the middle we see the pros and cons and would like to see adults take care of the issue once and for all. Unfortunately it's used as a political tool too often and nothing ever gets done for the betterment of the "entire" nation. 

My opinion? Let the states decide. If California wants to be abortion central let them have at it. If Mississippi doesn't, let them have at it. I see issues with how both handle it myself. 

100% agree - more issues should be settled at the state level. 

17 minutes ago, GoAU said:

However, I do not want it paid for by the government.  If someone chooses to have sex, they should be responsible for their own protection.  

Well if those people get pregnant and they are in a poor household, much more of your tax dollars will go towards additional government assistance to house and feed and school that child....and it'll be ALOT more if that child ends up in the foster care system. 

Point being, if your concern is effective use of tax dollars then free or government subsidized contraception's and birth control would be the way to go . 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GoAU said:

100% agree - more issues should be settled at the state level. 

Louisiana is advancing bills where abortions would result in a murder charge as we speak. 

2 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Good.

I agree with you. 

The sooner Republicans pump out these outrageous, wildly unpopular bills the sooner Democrat's will either take majority control of congress or do the smart thing and get rid of the filibuster to enshrine abortion rights into federal law as they should have done long time ago. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

That's great. I love it. 

Hope Democrats and Liberal groups make a concentrated, hard push in pounding home this 'anti-women's right' message. 

So does women's rights include men that identify as a woman?  

5 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

So does women's rights include men that identify as a woman?  

Women's rights are a subset of human rights 

someone who chooses to identify as a woman is still human so, yeah, they have rights too. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Women's rights are a subset of human rights 

someone who chooses to identify as a woman is still human so, yeah, they have rights too. 

Appreciate that response. For the record I’m in the camp of don’t agree with abortion but believe it’s not the government’s place to intervene. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

Louisiana is advancing bills where abortions would result in a murder charge as we speak. 

And if the majority of the people in that state disagree, the law will fail and the politicians that tried will be voted out.  

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Well if those people get pregnant and they are in a poor household, much more of your tax dollars will go towards additional government assistance to house and feed and school that child....and it'll be ALOT more if that child ends up in the foster care system. 

Point being, if your concern is effective use of tax dollars then free or government subsidized contraception's and birth control would be the way to go . 

I can certainly understand your point, and mathematically the concept makes sense.  The same logic can also be applied to drugs and other issues.  However the federal government cannot and should not be viewed as a giant babysitter in place to prevent people from making poor decisions.  Liberty and Individual responsibility has consequences.  

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, GoAU said:

And if the majority of the people in that state disagree, the law will fail and the politicians that tried will be voted out.  

And if they agree? 

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I agree with you. 

The sooner Republicans pump out these outrageous, wildly unpopular bills the sooner Democrat's will either take majority control of congress or do the smart thing and get rid of the filibuster to enshrine abortion rights into federal law as they should have done long time ago. 

You do understand that filibusters have a purpose, and ending them can have real consequences - for both parties.  Although it may be convenient for you in the short game, it would be very shortsighted.  

our politicians need to stop trying to circumvent the law (executive orders) or destroying the system for short term wins - the long term impact is too great. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

And if they agree? 

Then it becomes the law of the land.  People that desire abortions would have the option to go to a different state for the procedure or to move to a state that matches their views.  

Allowing states the opportunity to govern themselves as much as possible was the intent behind our Constitution.  Trying to force a “one size fits all” approach to a country as big and culturally diverse as ours is one of the reasons so many people are unhappy with government

22 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Then it becomes the law of the land.  People that desire abortions would have the option to go to a different state for the procedure or to move to a state that matches their views.  

Allowing states the opportunity to govern themselves as much as possible was the intent behind our Constitution.  Trying to force a “one size fits all” approach to a country as big and culturally diverse as ours is one of the reasons so many people are unhappy with government

The right, everyone.