Faciilities Threads (Merged)

GwillMac6

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I think FOF will be top priority. Read elsewhere that Greene is developing a master plan regarding long term renovations. 

When and if this thing comes to fruition, AU will have spent millions upon millions just planning, re-planning, designing, re-designing and going back to the drawing board over and over. 

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Zeek said:

I would say "finally" but it's not breaking ground soon... which means it won't be built soon either... this has felt like a cruel joke for quite some time now.

The fan base has been strung along for YEARS.

7 hours ago, keesler said:

You tell us WDE.  For years all we heard was the money folks refused to give funds to AU for improvements because they didn't want Jacobs overseeing the projects. 

JJ's been gone for over a year, and now Greene says the 2018 season has negatively affected fundraising efforts......So what is it?  Will the $$ people pony up now that we have a new AD, or are they now using the results on the field as an excuse to sway their wallets?  

UK/USCe/UT find the funds to make improvements when they've had middling to piss poor on the field results for years.  Yet AU's success over the last decade has far surpassed any of those programs and AU has funding/fundraising issues?

It's easier for people to talk about giving than it is to write the checks.   Always able to find some reason not to do so I guess.  I mean, it's like all the talk that "big money" will buy out Gus...…when that was just talk and meant nothing.   JMO but we better hope Gus has a good season this year because the talk of buy-out will stir up the masses hoping for a change....when in reality the money is probably not really there for that purpose. .  

At least a big donation to the Football facility has tangible returns where as buying out a coaching salary may or may not change the landscape.  

16 minutes ago, AU64 said:

It's easier for people to talk about giving than it is to write the checks.   Always able to find some reason not to do so I guess.  I mean, it's like all the talk that "big money" will buy out Gus...…when that was just talk and meant nothing.   JMO but we better hope Gus has a good season this year because the talk of buy-out will stir up the masses hoping for a change....when in reality the money is probably not really there for that purpose. .  

At least a big donation to the Football facility has tangible returns where as buying out a coaching salary may or may not change the landscape.  

You realize you can’t just fire someone right? It doesn’t matter if Donald trump comes to you, if your boss doesn’t intend to fire you it won’t happen. Why is this so hard to understand ? 

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

You realize you can’t just fire someone right? It doesn’t matter if Donald trump comes to you, if your boss doesn’t intend to fire you it won’t happen. Why is this so hard to understand ? 

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

You realize you can’t just fire someone right?

Sure you can.....apparently you have never been fired....I have...:)  but that's another story.   But if you fire someone who is under contract you do what ever the contract says..  And of course you are implying that nobody wants to fire Gus...which seems to be true at the moment.  But if and when the time comes...which it likely will before the contact runs its course, some big spenders will have the opportunity to make the decision easier.   Guess we will see.

My primary comment was aimed at the talk about all that money out there among AU supporters eager to spend it on AU sports.....buy out Gus,  make stadium improvements, build a football facility, etc.   …...just suggesting that a lot of it is just talk. 

I'm glad to see people like the Rane's donating serious money to AU toward the new Culinary facility to be built on South College Street....quite an interesting concept and hope it works out as planned. 

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Sure you can.....apparently you have never been fired....I have...:)  but that's another story.   But if you fire someone who is under contract you do what ever the contract says..  And of course you are implying that nobody wants to fire Gus...which seems to be true at the moment.  But if and when the time comes...which it likely will before the contact runs its course, some big spenders will have the opportunity to make the decision easier.   Guess we will see.

My primary comment was aimed at the talk about all that money out there among AU supporters eager to spend it on AU sports.....buy out Gus,  make stadium improvements, build a football facility, etc.   …...just suggesting that a lot of it is just talk. 

I'm glad to see people like the Rane's donating serious money to AU toward the new Culinary facility to be built on South College Street....quite an interesting concept and hope it works out as planned. 

I think you know what I meant. Just because you have a bunch of guys with money wanting the firing doesn’t mean it will happen nor does it mean the money is not there. I think a lot of people want him fired but if his bosses believe in him then there is nothing you can do. 

The silver lining is Greene. He seems to be very much well liked and he could push this initiative forward for the sake of Auburn. 

And no I’ve never been fired. 

19 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I have three times do I win....twice by the same company now that's saying something and I was a VP all three times

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think you know what I meant. Just because you have a bunch of guys with money wanting the firing doesn’t mean it will happen nor does it mean the money is not there. I think a lot of people want him fired but if his bosses believe in him then there is nothing you can do. 

The silver lining is Greene. He seems to be very much well liked and he could push this initiative forward for the sake of Auburn. 

And no I’ve never been fired. 

It's a wonderful/learning experience......................

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

It's a wonderful experience......................

Yep...changed the whole course of my life for the better.....guy who fired me did me a favor....

1 hour ago, keesler said:

AU will have spent millions upon millions just planning, 

Remember when we paid a firm a hundred grand just to draw up an endzone renovation proposal and then we ended up scrapping the idea? Good times. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Luckily I am in a profession of dire need haha. If you get fired usually you have it coming or you are in the private sector 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

cox.gif

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

DAMN CHANDLER!!!! it has only been a couple of months since your last game and Auburn is already a THEY to you?! lol Harsh.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

DAMN CHANDLER!!!! it has only been a couple of months since your last game and Auburn is already a THEY to you?! lol Harsh.

Keeping it real lol, family keeps it real with family

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

touche MAV!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

He already sounds like Heath Evans. lol

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

touche MAV!!!!!!

He could also be referring to “they” as the PTB and the people controlling the money, among other things.

17 hours ago, lca408 said:

I think this is probably what will eventually happen. However I think they’ll tear down Beard-Eaves and build a partial parking deck/partial class building on the site, maybe a new kinesiology building? Sports science? Definitely Biggio needs to go. It’s practically useless anyway. Turn it into the driveway for the football facility and leave it at that - no public thru traffic.

Kinesiology just got a brand new building on Wire Road opened in 2013.

22 hours ago, keesler said:

I hope the new chapter has started as well. 

I just find Greene's comments interesting, since he specifically mentions , "We absolutely have to raise money for it", and then he continues on to bring up the difficult season in 2018 has negatively affected fundraising efforts. 

Jacobs drug this out for years, with the numerous "feasibility studies" and the letters & questionnaires to Boosters trying to see if AU people were willing to fund projects.  Jacobs fundraising drive was in the immediate wake of AU's first national championship on over 50 yrs.....even then, the $$ folks wouldn't put up the cash to fund projects.

So, JJ goes back to the well after the 2013 season where AU played for another NC and the $$ people still wouldn't fork out the cash. 

Now the new AD Greene has tried to raise funds and he says the 2018 season 8-5 has negatively affected efforts.   When Title contention years like the 14-0 NC + the 10-2 season with a NC appearance failed to boost donations, what will it take now that AU is averaging 3-4 losses/yr?

He said this because it's 100% true. People made their point and now I think everyone will move on.

As far as the other part. If Jay would have put in a coherent plan as far as upgrades to JHS and a new football complex, this would have been done. Money would have been there. He didn't. Jay went up in front of the BOT not once but twice pitching his plan for a new complex. Asking for 50+ million each time. He didn't have a complete plan and the people he hired to draw all of this up could not answer basic simple question about the project. He was denied both times. 

We will see what Greene can do. I'm willing to bet that when this goes up in front of the BOT again that this will be a complete package presented to them and that Greene will get the go head to proceed. Everyone might think that all of the PBT are dumb want access to the program type people. This could not be further from the truth and when it comes to building, AU has some of the finest people in the world on their side. And they have deep pockets. But they just are not going to blindley give to AU anymore till the people in charge at AU stop pissing away their hard earned money. 

Have to give Gus, Greene and other at AU a lot of credit here getting Tim Cook involved. Jay did have a casual relationship with Tim and Tim did give money. But it seemed he and his staff were afraid to ask Tim for more. I think Tim and Gus has struck up a pretty good friendship over the last couple of months. Props to Gus for this. 

19 hours ago, logan adams said:

They have the money to fund it. Tired of them saying they need to rely on outside funding. That’s just a preface for when plans fall through, the “outside funders” are at fault. Just build the damn thing. 

Yes they do. 

18 hours ago, Zeek said:

I would say "finally" but it's not breaking ground soon... which means it won't be built soon either... this has felt like a cruel joke for quite some time now.

I bet it does. Within a year or year 1/2. No inside but I sense that there is some real urgency here now.  

Archived