25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He also vetoed beer sales. 

Image result for you're the worst gif

Just another way JHS will fall behind the other stadiums

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It would pay for the new facility after 3-4 home games. 

You jest but let's do a little cocktail napkin math here. If they price a beer at $10 and sell 50,000 every home game they'll make a half million bucks every game. An extra $4 million for seasons where we have eight home games and $3.5 million for seasons where we have seven home games. Heck they could sell liquor and wine in the suites and club levels and make even more! Why does our administration hate making money? They pinch every single penny when it comes to doing anything (except extending football coaches apparently). 

7 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

You jest but let's do a little cocktail napkin math here. If they price a beer at $10 and sell 50,000 every home game they'll make a half million bucks every game. An extra $4 million for seasons where we have eight home games and $3.5 million for seasons where we have seven home games. Heck they could sell liquor and wine in the suites and club levels and make even more! Why does our administration hate making money? They pinch every single penny when it comes to doing anything (except extending football coaches apparently). 

All of this is true.

When I worked at Universal Studios Orlando they stressed how most of their profits came from food and alcohol but mostly alcohol. That’s an idiotic decision for sure.

Not having this ******* thing being built yet is beyond inexcusable. Facilities aren’t the only factor in recruiting but dangit they’re important. Hell, I’m still disappointed in our locker room when compared to some other programs.

Only shared some of his tweets and don’t know the guy but he seems dead on. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I love this dude, he gives zero craps about holding people's feet to the fire. Can we meme this guy into power? I'd rather someone actually show some leadership and do some things that might be unpopular and leave us in a better spot than all this putzing around we normally do. 

If people are still confused on what JABA means this is it. Allen Greene has to realize now he works for a bunch of buffoons in this President but especially the BOT. Money has never been the problem. We are one of the highest grossing athletic programs in the country. It is that we have to have the cheapest power brokers in all of major conference athletics. We continue to be our own worst enemy.

14 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Like I always said we are our biggest enemy

3 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

@aujeff11

The forward thinking of building Auburn Arena while we had a crappy basketball program paid huge dividends once we got a god basketball coach. We should help ourselves out...

Unbelievable the lack of foresight in this decision. Are these people investing in Auburn or Gus? My Lord people this isn't hard. Must be investors instead of boosters that they are dealing with. Seems to me a booster would want to advance the program hence the term booster. JABA has grown tiresome. Love Allen Greene but a school with some vision would probably be tempting for a man like him. I only hope that day won't come. 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The forward thinking of building Auburn Arena while we had a crappy basketball program paid huge dividends once we got a god basketball coach. We should help ourselves out...

How did we even get Auburn Arena built with our track record of not getting things done? We can't even get the BOT to debate on a decision to build a new, mostly funded, facility on an unused piece of land (the old track) let alone actually drawing up plans and accepting bids from contractors. 

1 minute ago, WalkingCarpet said:

How did we even get Auburn Arena built with our track record of not getting things done? We can't even get the BOT to debate on a decision to build a new, mostly funded, facility on an unused piece of land (the old track) let alone actually drawing up plans and accepting bids from contractors. 

Bama is having problems with that right now. They keep on kicking the can down the road on a much needed arena and keep putting band aids and lipstick on that ugly pig of a airplane hangar they have over there. So at least we got Auburn Arena done. All Bama higher ups care about is football. Our big money guys seem like they have no interest in football whatsoever with how little they want to invest in the future for some much needed additions and improvements.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Bama is having problems with that right now. They keep on kicking the can down the road on a much needed arena and keep putting band aids and lipstick on that ugly pig of a airplane hangar they have over there. So at least we got Auburn Arena done. All Bama higher ups care about is football. Our big money guys seem like they have no interest in football whatsoever with how little they want to invest in the future for some much needed additions and improvements.

Bama has a set of problems much different to ours. They are only giving their arena lipstick and will still cost much more than when we built our new arena from scratch. Price of materials to build must’ve skyrocketed.

What the heck happened here? Allen seemed to be on the forefront with this only for it to hit a crashing halt. There must be some inner conflict going on or something. Because doing this could only bring positivity to football.

21 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Bama has a set of problems much different to ours. They are only giving their arena lipstick and will still cost much more than when we built our new arena from scratch. Price of materials to build must’ve skyrocketed.

Probably helps that we built Auburn Arena during the last recession. 

And quite frankly if this is about Gus and our president then we should've cut the cord last year. There is no point with internally damaging the program.

Yep leath needs to go. He’s done nothing but hold AU athletics back. This is not some middle of the road program and he needs to start doing what is needed to compete with the big dogs or get out of the damn way

2 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Yep leath needs to go. He’s done nothing but hold AU athletics back. This is not some middle of the road program and he needs to start doing what is needed to compete with the big dogs or get out of the damn way

Well, it looks, if the rumors seem true, there is nothing he can do. You got to have a consensus on this and if you have previous actions that rub a few the wrong way, it can come back to haunt you. It seems like this may be the case.

http://www.auburn.edu/administration/trustees/members.php

President@auburn.edu

Here's the contact info for the BOT and that moron Leath if you're into that sort of thing. I've emailed that address before when he was thinking of pulling the plug on Bruce in '17 after the Chuck Person stuff came out. I hope it still works. 

We can fire Gus and Leath, but it won’t matter until we get a BOT that is not completely dysfunctional. It’s obvious they have Greene in a stranglehold now, too. My guess is, he wont stick around in this mess for long. Sad. 

An AU Pres. that would delay this after his AD already had 50% of the funds committed, is the same type that would reveal it just before Big Cat Weekend. How STUPID can he get ? Good grief, smh. 

26 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

We can fire Gus and Leath, but it won’t matter until we get a BOT that is not completely dysfunctional. It’s obvious they have Greene in a stranglehold now, too. My guess is, he wont stick around in this mess for long. Sad. 

Didn't we go get Allen Greene because he's charismatic and a great fundraiser? And we did this because we recognized that we have multiple obvious and glaring facilities needs? The deeper you go the more complex the stupidity gets. 

10 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

An AU Pres. that would delay this after his AD already had 50% of the funds committed, is the same type that would reveal that just before Big Cat Weekend. How STUPID can he get ? Good grief, smh. 

He's trying to purposely sabotage athletics because he thinks good academics and good athletics can't coexist. That's all I can think of. My uncle who cut his finger off with a circular saw is not this dumb. 

12 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

An AU Pres. that would delay this after his AD already had 50% of the funds committed, is the same type that would reveal that just before Big Cat Weekend. How STUPID can he get ? Good grief, smh. 

Leath continues to show he was a piss poor hire.  He should've kept his mouth shut about Bowman right before this upcoming weekend/week as well.

Archived