Faciilities Threads (Merged)

GwillMac6

Looks like a tremendous amount of dumbasses are making the decisions. Between this and the Malzahn contract. I’m surprised the power bill gets paid at AU. This is so embarrassing. 

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I love this dude, he gives zero craps about holding people's feet to the fire. Can we meme this guy into power? I'd rather someone actually show some leadership and do some things that might be unpopular and leave us in a better spot than all this putzing around we normally do. 

As the self-appointed resident memeologist I approve of this hypothesis and will donate my time to pursuing it! 😅

At this point I would be all for renovating the President's mansion and using it as the football only facility. It looks very spacious. 

Screenshot_20190531-202940~2.png

I’m absolutely sick of President Leath and the BOT. They are an absolute joke and an embarrassment to Auburn. They do not understand what it takes to win championships and compete at the highest level. Their poor leadership has crippled Auburn and they continue to not give Auburn athletics the support it needs to become a championship University.

On 5/9/2019 at 1:42 PM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Bet they start this sometime in 2020. People know this needs to be done, so even if Gus tanks this year the money will still be there. Little more to the money and Gus tanking but anyways.

Spin cycle in 3, 2, 1....

JABA. Ask Coach Dye, Coach Tuberville, Coach Malzahn, Coach TBD about history repeating itself. 

Half of my contemporaries would rather drink on a Saturday than sit through 2 quarters of a game, and some of them...would like to do both. Maybe this hurts the monolith that is the “Auburn Family” but I have never met a child that wasn’t aware their dad needs a lil break time, so I doubt they’ll think differently of some 21 year old college student they don’t even know. 

Obv Leath isn’t the only moron running things, the entire BoT and staff of boosters aren’t much better

Leath sucks but it’s not like removing him will change too much. What few flashy things Jacobs got done was just because he EXCELLED at sucking up. Thank God very few of them having anything to do with the basketball program, and Allen is “allowed” to work with Bruce. PLEASE keep my dear basketball program AWAY FROM THEM 

I think the beer sales will happen since alcohol is already sold at football games and baseball games in specific seating areas. There is a lot that has to go into that decision besides just ordering beer and selling it. We're all aggravated at the football only facility progress but personally I want Auburn to get everything right on the alcohol sales. Do we know how many other SEC schools will sell it this upcoming season? My first thought when I read about the new policy was how they will control it. The obvious ID verification will only be a part of it. There will be a limit that can be sold to one person at one time which would have to be enforced. I think Auburn will want to make certain that the football games remain enjoyable for all fans for the duration of the game and that there is a plan in place to make sure that even a small number of people do not ruin the game experience for those around them. There will be responsible vendor training for any employee who sells alcohol and believe me when I say this, there is not complete peace if mind with that training. Someone can still screw it up for everyone else if they aren't diligent. The guilty or careless person loses their job but the supervisor can be affected too. It can lead to the school having it's license suspended or revoked as well. I guess what I'm saying is that I just want Auburn to make sure they have a plan in place to avoid liability and legal fallout from someone not doing the job they need to do. Whether that takes 6 months or a year makes no difference to me. Just get it right. This is something that all of the schools need to work together on. 

4 hours ago, gr82be said:

I think the beer sales will happen since alcohol is already sold at football games and baseball games in specific seating areas. There is a lot that has to go into that decision besides just ordering beer and selling it. We're all aggravated at the football only facility progress but personally I want Auburn to get everything right on the alcohol sales. Do we know how many other SEC schools will sell it this upcoming season? My first thought when I read about the new policy was how they will control it. The obvious ID verification will only be a part of it. There will be a limit that can be sold to one person at one time which would have to be enforced. I think Auburn will want to make certain that the football games remain enjoyable for all fans for the duration of the game and that there is a plan in place to make sure that even a small number of people do not ruin the game experience for those around them. There will be responsible vendor training for any employee who sells alcohol and believe me when I say this, there is not complete peace if mind with that training. Someone can still screw it up for everyone else if they aren't diligent. The guilty or careless person loses their job but the supervisor can be affected too. It can lead to the school having it's license suspended or revoked as well. I guess what I'm saying is that I just want Auburn to make sure they have a plan in place to avoid liability and legal fallout from someone not doing the job they need to do. Whether that takes 6 months or a year makes no difference to me. Just get it right. This is something that all of the schools need to work together on. 

I didn’t know alcohol was this much of a priority 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I didn’t know alcohol was this much of a priority 

I didn't realize it was either until I saw that some folks on here were not happy that Leath didn't commit to selling right off. I didn't mean to go overboard with my thoughts though. Just wanted to say that there is a lot to consider. I probably should have just said that and been done with it. :-\

6 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I didn't realize it was either until I saw that some folks on here were not happy that Leath didn't commit to selling right off. I didn't mean to go overboard with my thoughts though. Just wanted to say that there is a lot to consider. I probably should have just said that and been done with it. :-\

I get it. I just think this is a red herring. We have bigger fish to fry. 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I get it. I just think this is a red herring.  Professional and collegiate teams are going away from selling alcohol at games and for good reason too. I just think we have bigger fish to fry. 

Thanks.....even without legal alcohol at the games there are enough out of control drunks...….so why do we want' more of it ?. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Thanks.....even without legal alcohol at the games there are enough out of control drunks...….so why do we want' more of it ?. 

Yeah...I just wanted to edited that out because this was my unwarranted opinion. I definitely didn't want to start an alcohol debate lol. Just want us to stick to the topic at hand. 

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Maybe they are thinking a new basketball only complex would make more sense? 🦅🏀🏟

Build it in the ginormous shape of a Pearl! lol. I LOVE THIS! I would gladly welcome this new development. Maybe this whole time these boosters and power brokers were not even that big of football fans. They have just been waiting for basketball to become great and pour all their millions in to that program!!! Yah I am going to rock with this narrative. It makes me feel better! haha.

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Build it in the ginormous shape of a Pearl! lol. I LOVE THIS! I would gladly welcome this new development. Maybe this whole time these boosters and power brokers were not even that big of football fans. They have just been waiting for basketball to become great and pour all their millions in to that program!!! Yah I am going to rock with this narrative. It makes me feel better! haha.

Wouldn’t need as big of a complex, smaller roster.  Less money.  Have a couple games at Jordan Hare and sell beer, goldmine!!!  Give Bruce the presidents mansion and move Leathe to the trailer park but give him a double-wide(to fit his ego), gotta make cuts for Gus’s contract so start with the main guy behind it.

18 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Wouldn’t need as big of a complex, smaller roster.  Less money.  Have a couple games at Jordan Hare and sell beer, goldmine!!!  Give Bruce the presidents mansion and move Leathe to the trailer park but give him a double-wide(to fit his ego), gotta make cuts for Gus’s contract so start with the main guy behind it.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

gold.gif

ope.gif

Leath is the ultimate bammer troll....Need I say more?  He is a cancer to the university. Serve 5 hour energy drink at each game at JHS this year so that the fans can get hyped up regardless of the play on the field🙃

On 6/1/2019 at 1:25 PM, AU64 said:

You keep saying this as though it's fact. I hate to tell you that it's the exact opposite. 

Schools serving stadium wide see significant decrease in alcohol-related incidents. Ohio State saw a 65% drop in incidents, and Oregon just last year saw a 49% dip in alcohol-related ejections. How is this possible? Fans aren’t concealing alcohol illegally as much, and they aren’t binge drinking during pregame tailgating festivities. “When you don’t allow it, it creates more issues,” says John Dugas, an associate athletic director at Louisiana in Lafayette, where they’ve served booze throughout venues since 2009. “You’re going to binge drink or sneak it in. People sneaking it in was really starting to be a real problem for our security around here.”

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/05/31/sec-repeals-alcohol-policy-stadiums-greg-sankey

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

You keep saying this as though it's fact. I hate to tell you that it's the exact opposite. 

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/05/31/sec-repeals-alcohol-policy-stadiums-greg-sankey

Anecdotal of course, but if I could get a cold one in the concourse I'd probably stop sneaking in minis. Just don't sell in the student section and don't sell liquor/mixed drinks. Seems pretty simple to me. 

1 minute ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Anecdotal of course, but if I could get a cold one in the concourse I'd probably stop sneaking in minis. Just don't sell in the student section and don't sell liquor/mixed drinks. Seems pretty simple to me. 

And you wouldn't try to tie on a 3 hr buzz before the game like a lot of folks do. You'd probably just enjoy drinking in moderation like 99% of the fans at hundreds of arenas and stadiums around the country do all the time. Or you'd be like that other 1% that Auburn already deals with.

On 5/31/2019 at 4:09 PM, aujeff11 said:

Only shared some of his tweets and don’t know the guy but he seems dead on. 

This ^^^ is the epitome of "little brother" if I ever saw it.

The fact that "some want to see how the season unfolds" and then the "Power People" agree a facility is needed, "there is no consensus on how & when" and now they want Greene/Leath to give them a comparison and of our rival programs have already built?   WTH?

It's comical to see how they have strung the fan base along for so many years.  Now it's been 3 decades since the last major renovation in '89.    

10 minutes ago, keesler said:

This ^^^ is the epitome of "little brother" if I ever saw it.

The fact that "some want to see how the season unfolds" and their is and while the "Power People" agree a facility is needed, "there is no consensus on how & when" and now they want Greene/Leath to give them a comparison and of our rival programs have already built?   WTH?

It's comical to see how they have strung the fan base along for so many years.  Now it's been 3 decades since the last major renovation in '89.    

What I don’t understand is why Gus has to be tied into the Auburn football only facility . The football only facility is for the benefit of the football program and it’s progress can continue with or without Gus.

Archived