Faciilities Threads (Merged)

GwillMac6

13 hours ago, AU13HSV said:

The Athletic department raised $282 million of the $1.2 billion in this campaign. It was the largest amount raised of an individual unit or college. I'm sure a lot of these are endowed gifts or pledges over many years, but it doesn't change the fact that they should have plenty to spend on facility upgrades. Especially when you consider one of their stated goal of the campaign was to fund facility upgrades.

http://ocm.auburn.edu/newsroom/news_articles/2018/04/auburn-universitys-fundraising-campaign-closes-with-record-breaking-success.php

OOPs! I missed that breakdown.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TigerSpider said:

I claim ignorance, but what is in the Watson Fieldhouse?  Is it weights or still a small indoor facility?

Here is a link w/ photo  describing the WF. It seems to be a training facility all the way....

https://auburntigers.com/facilities/?id=6

• 2 months later...

Football complex funds coming together

TUSCALOOSA | Allen Greene has been meeting with Auburn supporters from coast to coast during the past three months in an effort to generate support for a new football complex.

He's encouraged by the feedback — and everyone's willingness to donate.

Greene, who spoke at a West Alabama Auburn Club event Wednesday night, said the athletic department is close to taking the project before the Board of Trustees for approval.

"It's a project that we all know we need at some point," Greene said. "We have a number of members of the Auburn family who are stepping up and contributing. We have a board meeting coming up here soon; I’d love to push the ball further along at that point."

The project's cost is estimated at approximately $60 million. Greene said during a February interview with AuburnSports.com that he wouldn't bring the project before the Board until the department had raised at least half of the necessary funding. Greene declined to comment on exactly how much money has been pledged, but said he's energized by supporters' generosity.

"The Auburn family has responded to our request. They understand the importance of what we're asking here," Greene said. "University administration understands the importance as well. The Board has asked for more information as far as how our project compares to our peers. I’m in the process of getting them that information. We'll go from there."

Auburn's current complex was completed during the summer of 1989 and has been remodeled extensively during the past 15 years. However, most observers believe the current complex now trails most SEC rivals in terms of technology, amenities and useful space. In fact, the football program generally fetes prospects at the newly constructed recruiting lounge at Jordan-Hare Stadium — because it has the modern, upscale feel that prospects experience elsewhere.

The complex often is bypassed completely.

"We feel confident in what we're planning to do with this (new) facility," Greene said. "It'll move the program forward."

10 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Football complex funds coming together

TUSCALOOSA | Allen Greene has been meeting with Auburn supporters from coast to coast during the past three months in an effort to generate support for a new football complex.

He's encouraged by the feedback — and everyone's willingness to donate.

Greene, who spoke at a West Alabama Auburn Club event Wednesday night, said the athletic department is close to taking the project before the Board of Trustees for approval.

"It's a project that we all know we need at some point," Greene said. "We have a number of members of the Auburn family who are stepping up and contributing. We have a board meeting coming up here soon; I’d love to push the ball further along at that point."

The project's cost is estimated at approximately $60 million. Greene said during a February interview with AuburnSports.com that he wouldn't bring the project before the Board until the department had raised at least half of the necessary funding. Greene declined to comment on exactly how much money has been pledged, but said he's energized by supporters' generosity.

"The Auburn family has responded to our request. They understand the importance of what we're asking here," Greene said. "University administration understands the importance as well. The Board has asked for more information as far as how our project compares to our peers. I’m in the process of getting them that information. We'll go from there."

Auburn's current complex was completed during the summer of 1989 and has been remodeled extensively during the past 15 years. However, most observers believe the current complex now trails most SEC rivals in terms of technology, amenities and useful space. In fact, the football program generally fetes prospects at the newly constructed recruiting lounge at Jordan-Hare Stadium — because it has the modern, upscale feel that prospects experience elsewhere.

The complex often is bypassed completely.

"We feel confident in what we're planning to do with this (new) facility," Greene said. "It'll move the program forward."

Hopefully it’ll get done by the time Bo Nix’s future child is a recruit lol

Sure seems like a waste of money for a basketball school to be spending so much on football. 

16 hours ago, Zeek said:

Hopefully it’ll get done by the time Bo Nix’s future child is a recruit lol

Bet they start this sometime in 2020. People know this needs to be done, so even if Gus tanks this year the money will still be there. Little more to the money and Gus tanking but anyways.

11 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Bet they start this sometime in 2020. People know this needs to be done, so even if Gus tanks this year the money will still be there. Little more to the money and Gus tanking but anyways.

I do agree we need the best possible facilities for our next HC.

44 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I do agree we need the best possible facilities for our next HC.

Bill Clark will appreciate it

Is the "Gus has input on the design" thing still... a thing?

Got to get it done asap and catch up with the Clemsons of the world!  Not too many years ago, I would have thought that anything to do with Clemson was a downgrade to my beloved Auburn Tiger program. We have work to do, but I believe it will get done and we will become the terror and The University of the state of Alabama. We will get there soon and very soon regardless of who the coach is.

I hope we will win a ton of games in 2019, and do it in style!

• 3 weeks later...

😠

Auburn president: No plans to discuss football facility project

by Brandon Marcello
    10 minutes ago

MIRAMAR BEACH, Florida — Auburn is kicking the can down the road with its long-discussed process of potentially building a football-only complex.

The Auburn board of trustees are not scheduled to discuss the facility, and no such line item is on the agenda for the upcoming quarterly meeting set for June 7, Auburn University president Steven Leath told Auburn Undercover at the SEC's spring meetings.

"This is a complicated process, like any big, complicated building," Leath said. "We’ve got to do a lot of due diligence of what would be involved, what would be the estimated cost, these kind of things. So, there’s no decision if we’re even going to go forward. It’s still a due diligence period."

It's believed the project, however, has reached a turning point behind the scenes, sources told Auburn Undercover earlier this month. Fundraising had or was close to the halfway mark of the estimated $60 million price tag for the facility. Athletics administrators were hopeful they would begin a dialogue concerning the project at the next board of trustees meeting June 7, the sources said at the time. That will not happen. The soonest the board will be involved is September, Leath said.

"That’s the way it looks right now," he said.

Earlier this month Auburn athletics director Allen Greene said the department was "really, really" close to making the first public steps concerning the project, which he has labeled as priority No. 1 among athletic facilities.

“We’re really, really close and we’re in a really good spot with what we’ve been asked to do from a fundraising perspective,” Greene said at the time. “The board, I think, is really interested and engaged with this project, and they want to have a better understanding of scale and scope of other folks in the [SEC] and to help us better understand and better plan as we move forward with our plans for our project.”

Greene has made it a priority to raise funds and pitch the football-only facility to boosters and alumni since he replaced Jay Jacobs as Auburn’s athletics director in February 2018. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn pledged $2 million toward the facility in September, and several notable alumni have also promised sizable donations, Auburn Undercover has learned. 

26 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

😠

Auburn president: No plans to discuss football facility project

by Brandon Marcello
    10 minutes ago

<SNIP>

JABA. The complete lack of leadership never ceases to amaze me. Why are we so paralyzed by indecision? Just build the thing! It's not like we're some poor school with no money. Even if Gus doesn't survive 2019 or 2020 you can use a new state-of-the-art facility to convince Matt Campbell or Jeff Brohm or whoever that the admin is committed to winning and will commit resources to help you. We already have the money raised to do it, what's the holdup?

On 2/26/2019 at 10:23 AM, Zeek said:

Blah, blah, blah!
When are we getting the 3D Renders to obsess and debate over 

Auburn goes at the pace of snails. This has become extremely frustrating being an Auburn fan. 

30 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

JABA. The complete lack of leadership never ceases to amaze me. Why are we so paralyzed by indecision? Just build the thing! It's not like we're some poor school with no money. Even if Gus doesn't survive 2019 or 2020 you can use a new state-of-the-art facility to convince Matt Campbell or Jeff Brohm or whoever that the admin is committed to winning and will commit resources to help you. We already have the money raised to do it, what's the holdup?

At this point it has become hard to be an Auburn fan and support those that are high up and making the decisions. 

4 minutes ago, logan adams said:

At this point it has become hard to be an Auburn fan and support those that are high up and making the decisions. 

It's really amazing how often we tend to do the exact opposite of what we should. Oh yeah, and this is our biggest recruiting weekend of the year. Great job Steven Leath! I'm sure we need that money so you can redo the master bath in the president's mansion for the fourth time. 

16 minutes ago, logan adams said:

It's very easy to be an Auburn fan! The other issue is totally separate from being a fan of the Auburn Tigers. 

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Leath is a joke. 

When it comes to anything outside of research..................

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He also vetoed beer sales. 

Image result for you're the worst gif

Where the heck do we find these knuckleheads? If you sell beer in the concourses you'll cut down on people binging before games and make a fat wad of cash off people like me who want to maintain a slight buzz and not melt in the sun. Just don't sell in the student section, and don't sell liquor. Not difficult. 

No football facility

No beer sales

He wanted to fire Bruce

I’m not one to call for someone to get fired but...... FIRE LEATH

Wonder how much revenue Auburn will miss out on with the alcohol sales?  85k beer drinkers is a lot of $$$

Archived