Faciilities Threads (Merged)

GwillMac6

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

Mikey's first home run in a long time...

What? You must have missed the post in which I accurately counted the 18 scholarship OL players on the Auburn football team..

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Mikey said:

What? You must have missed the post in which I accurately counted the 18 scholarship OL players on the Auburn football team..

And you were doing so well in this thread............................................ 

8 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

And you were doing so well in this thread............................................ 

thor.gif

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He hit the nail on the head with the donor post. The numbers and OL depth? Man. 

He is a big Gus fan so starting well and ending poorly is something he obviously is fond of lol.

On 2/20/2019 at 7:16 PM, GwillMac6 said:

DAMN CHANDLER!!!! it has only been a couple of months since your last game and Auburn is already a THEY to you?! lol Harsh.

I felt the same way about him using "they." It just feels like he should say "we."

27 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I felt the same way about him using "they." It just feels like he should say "we."

"They" could be a reference for everyone who is not in the Whirlybird club so in that case...:dunno:

13 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

The benefit of all of this is had we gone ahead with a JJ plan,  we would more than likely already need to talk about upgrades needed.  I understand this will always be the case for all arms race programs,  but the latest should always be the best and as other programs have already completed theirs,  AU/Green/Gus has the opportunity to move all the way to the front of the pack.   

We do not need to put something up that only brings us to the middle of the pack.   Green needs to bring it,  and bring it full monte.  As WDE mentioned,  Greens mentor/peer group can also guide him on how to not only bring to fruition, but bring it in major fashion!!!   

That is my hope a least. 

AU has had that opportunity for nearly a decade, specifically in the wake of the undefeated 2010 season where they won the first NC in 50+ yrs.  Hell, in 2013 when AU found themselves right back at the top of the mountain.  That was the time to seize the day and build on the momentum and good will of the Family. 

You have to strike while the iron's hot.  Because as AD Greene mentioned in the interview, the 2018 season had has a negative effect on fundraising - it will likely take Gus turning in a BIG season in 2019-2020-2021 (show some serious consistency) before the wallets start opening back up for athletics.

Personally, I give enough to the academic side with one kid in grad school and another in undergrad that the only donation I'll continue to make is for my football season tickets.  

We've seen enough studies, planning, renderings, presentations and meetings to last a life time. What we want to see is heavy equipment out there breaking ground in the not too distant future.

On 2/22/2019 at 2:52 PM, IronMan70 said:

We've seen enough studies, planning, renderings, presentations and meetings to last a life time. What we want to see is heavy equipment out there breaking ground in the not too distant future.

We never had a master plan of renovation with Jay. 

Allen Greene wants to introduce an actual plan around August. Settle down, grasshopper. 

On 2/22/2019 at 8:29 AM, keesler said:

AU has had that opportunity for nearly a decade, specifically in the wake of the undefeated 2010 season where they won the first NC in 50+ yrs.  Hell, in 2013 when AU found themselves right back at the top of the mountain.  That was the time to seize the day and build on the momentum and good will of the Family. 

Marcello asked Gus after 2013 about the FOF and Gus said the facilities they had were fine. That’s the problem. Didn’t strike while the oven was hot.

On 2/22/2019 at 8:20 AM, gr82be said:

"They" could be a reference for everyone who is not in the Whirlybird club so in that case...:dunno:

Put me in the “twey” category.

I don't know if this applies to the state's universities, but in high school athletics, investments in facilities were matched 60(school)\40 by the state. This was good for both sides of the financial equation. This approach stopped @ 2010s due to the economy and as far i know has not returned. Maybe the university is waiting on that process to return or maybe this just doesn't apply to state universities.

• WarTiger changed the title to Allen Greene addresses fball only facility

This whole thing seems to be stuck. Something should have happened years ago and didn't. Ever since Auburn Arena was opened in 2010 and the Recreation and Wellness Center was opened in 2013 the plan was for Beard–Eaves to be demolished to use the space in another manner. For years they talked about a parking deck. But reading these interviews, the athletic department continues to use space in Beard-Eaves.

What I would like to see is a new athletic department building built in the area where Beard–Eaves is today, perhaps starting with the parking lot between Beard-Eaves and Plainsman Park. Then refurbish all of of the athletic department facilities adjacent to the football practice fields into a new, state of the art, football-only facility. This means the current Auburn Athletic Complex, the Lowder Development Center, and the Watson Fieldhouse could all be part of the new football-only facility. As office spaces in the Athletic Complex and Beard-Eaves were replaced with a new building, Beard-Eaves could be demolished and new additional athletic facilities (weight rooms, tutoring classrooms, etc.) could be built in the new space.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Marcello asked Gus after 2013 about the FOF and Gus said the facilities they had were fine. That’s the problem. Didn’t strike while the oven was hot.

Clueless.

College football recruiting has always been a facilities war. When I was at Auburn in the mid-to-late 1980s the talk was about football-only weight rooms, and the king of the hill was Nebraska. That was what drove the new Athletics Complex in the late 1980s. The dedicated football weight room. I remember articles saying the women's basketball team had to have weight training at 4:30 am in the shared weight room in the coliseum because there were so many programs sharing it. They all were looking forward to the football team getting out, and freeing space and time for other sports.

On 2/21/2019 at 12:14 PM, keesler said:

Excuse the frustration I'm laying out about this.  I can not fathom why Auburn University has had these "issues" for years regarding much needed athletic facility improvements.  There seems to constantly be hurdles while other programs ALL around us are steadily funding top of the line projects.  They get their people in place, have a vision and bring that vision to fruition with brick 'n mortar structures and some of them are already on their second and third rounds of upgrades/improvements.  Yet here AU sits with a new AD & Prez in place and we are still waiting for something to happen.  

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA there now, we damn sure got a big nice TV set and funnel BY GOD cakes on the JHS concourse.  What more could one ask for after a national championship?

Jay effing Jacobs...how could we have been so stupid...?

How much did we receive from the SEC this past year????? close to $50 million??? It only goes up every year....take a loan and build it...'you're not growing unless you're in debt'....the money will becoming...

24 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

How much did we receive from the SEC this past year????? close to $50 million??? It only goes up every year....take a loan and build it...'you're not growing unless you're in debt'....the money will becoming...

I think it was about $41 million. I agree with you on the bond issue.

11 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

We never had a master plan of renovation with Jay.  

Yes we did. The first one was 8 years ago when JJ hired Pieper Sports Facility Consulting of Overland Park, Kan., to do a master design for Jordan-Hare Stadium. We had renderings and were told the design could be done in stages. There are several articles on it if you want to research it. 

Master Plan for Jordan Hare Stadium- http://www.piepersfc.com/index_files/Page1468.htm

11 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Allen Greene wants to introduce an actual plan around August. Settle down, grasshopper. 

Good for Allen, who is much better than JJ imo, however we need to see results. At this point I value bulldozers and cranes more than words. So this grasshopper is going to keep jumping until heavy equipment starts to roll in. 

8 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Yes we did. The first one was 8 years ago when JJ hired Pieper Sports Facility Consulting of Overland Park, Kan., to do a master design for Jordan-Hare Stadium. We had renderings and were told the design could be done in stages. There are several articles on it if you want to research it. 

Master Plan for Jordan Hare Stadium- http://www.piepersfc.com/index_files/Page1468.htm

Good for Allen, who is much better than JJ imo, however we need to see results. At this point I value bulldozers and cranes more than words. So this grasshopper is going to keep jumping until heavy equipment starts to roll in. 

I meant a long term master plan for all the athletic facilities that need renovation, not just the stadium. I’m ready for some renovation too. At least now I feel like it will get done.

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I meant a long term master plan for all the athletic facilities that need renovation, not just the stadium. I’m ready for some renovation too. At least now I feel like it will get done.

I gotcha. Well I think Allen Greene is a major upgrade to the AD position and so far he seems to be bringing some good decision making to the overall athletic department. At least we have a fighting chance now so let's hope he can pull it off.

2 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

I gotcha. Well I think Allen Greene is a major upgrade to the AD position and so far he seems to be bringing some good decision making to the overall athletic department. At least we have a fighting chance now so let's hope he can pull it off.

He will

I wonder how much it would cost to bring JHS to the level in the picture of the master plan? A lot I would assume!

On 2/21/2019 at 9:13 AM, Mikey said:

The total actually came to over $ 1 billion raised on that fund drive. However, it had nothing to do with athletics other than perhaps some peripheral benefits. As someone who donated to that drive, when it was done they sent me a nice, slick magazine detailing the drive's success. There are masses of Auburn people that will give a modest amount to the university in general but aren't interested in paying for athletics. I don't think athletics can get support from the large numbers of individuals and corporations that the previous drive got. Thus, any fund raising drive for athletics must depend on big individual donors, not tens of thousands of lesser gifts. That's my take on it anyway.

The Athletic department raised $282 million of the $1.2 billion in this campaign. It was the largest amount raised of an individual unit or college. I'm sure a lot of these are endowed gifts or pledges over many years, but it doesn't change the fact that they should have plenty to spend on facility upgrades. Especially when you consider one of their stated goal of the campaign was to fund facility upgrades.

http://ocm.auburn.edu/newsroom/news_articles/2018/04/auburn-universitys-fundraising-campaign-closes-with-record-breaking-success.php

Blah, blah, blah!
When are we getting the 3D Renders to obsess and debate over 

Archived