Faciilities Threads (Merged)

GwillMac6

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

We don't. We prefer a bunch of know-nothing know-it-alls talking about who should be starting at QB, what kind of offense we should run, how many linebackers we should sign, etc. This food talk is for us knuckle-draggers not intelligent enough to contribute to those threads.

IiFoBt.gif

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I got used to drinking unsweet iced tea at Auburn. The cafeteria had all unsweetened tea and a packet of sugar. Well, since you can't sweeten cold iced tea if your life depended on it I just said forget that (actually during my college years my language was more colorful). So I eventually aquired a taste for it. I still prefer sweetened but it does come in handy when visiting anywhere up north and out west. 

The secret (at least in a restaurant in the more north, less cultured states) is to order a hot tea and a glass of ice. Sweeten the hot tea after you steep it and pour it over.

Or, order some hot water, I guess, and make a simple syrup.

Or, I guess, just don't go anywhere that doesn't know the beauty of a cold glass of tannins and sugar.

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Have we talked about mixing sriracha and honey together to create the dipping sauce God intended for conecuh? 2 tbsp honey : 2 tsp sriracha is a good starting ratio. This will change your life, I'm not even kidding. And this is recommended for grilled conecuh, which is superior to skillet conecuh IMO. 

There's a great sauce I make that takes 1 1/2c dark brown sugar and a 1/4 of hot sauce, plus a little bit of garlic and mustard powder and a cheeky amount of chinese five spice. Toss some breaded chicken wings in it and they'll damn near stick to the plate. Which is good, because otherwise you'd probably eat it so fast you'd forget there was a bone in it.

9 minutes ago, fredst said:

We don't. We prefer a bunch of know-nothing know-it-alls talking about who should be starting at QB, what kind of offense we should run, how many linebackers we should sign, etc.

Oh, Fred. I had a hunch this was the case, couldn’t confirm ‘til now. But not you!!!

11 minutes ago, fredst said:

This food talk is for us knuckle-draggers not intelligent enough to contribute to those threads.

Go ahead and put dark beer talk in there too. 

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I can’t believe people actually prefer this kind of conversation. 

Can you we at least sell Tupperware too while we talk about cooking?

Are you hosting?

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Have we talked about mixing sriracha and honey together to create the dipping sauce God intended for conecuh? 2 tbsp honey : 2 tsp sriracha is a good starting ratio. This will change your life, I'm not even kidding. And this is recommended for grilled conecuh, which is superior to skillet conecuh IMO. 

You can also add just a 1/4 cup of balsmic to add to the flavor if you want.....................its what I use to spread my chicken/bigbird wings when I grill

18 hours ago, McLoofus said:

We used to call them Conecuh Cakes. I actually "invented" them (among my circle of friends). Anytime we'd get together, we'd make them and just try different stuff. Smoked cheddar, cream cheese and pepper jelly, bleu cheese and jalapenos... Of course, none of it beats naked dipped in mustard. But it's fun. 

OK...having visited the local purveyor of fine comestibles last night for...shall we say, various reasons...I wandered across the sausage aisle and there, surrounded by a halo and softly calling out "Auc...Auc, you remember what Loof said, right?" was a pile of Conecuh. Overcome by either emotion or the vapors, I awoke from my trance to find some having jumped into my basket. Not to let such a happy accident fall by the wayside of wasted opportunity, I added the requisite cans of buttery, yeasty, crescenty goodness in it's righteous place, enthroned in the basket aside the sausage.

So, I need some clarification.

Am I supposed to cook the Conecuh before I put it in the crescent rolls? or cook it all as one?

its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif

20 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

OK...having visited the local purveyor of fine comestibles last night for...shall we say, various reasons...I wandered across the sausage aisle and there, surrounded by a halo and softly calling out "Auc...Auc, you remember what Loof said, right?" was a pile of Conecuh. Overcome by either emotion or the vapors, I awoke from my trance to find some having jumped into my basket. Not to let such a happy accident fall by the wayside of wasted opportunity, I added the requisite cans of buttery, yeasty, crescenty goodness in it's righteous place, enthroned in the basket aside the sausage.

So, I need some clarification.

Am I supposed to cook the Conecuh before I put it in the crescent rolls? or cook it all as one?

its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif

YES!!! Again as much for the writing as the content. You can go either way on the sausage. You won't overcook that insanely fatty sausage by laying 10-15 mins of baking on top of a good grill/pan crisp. On the flip, you're safe to just roll it straight into the oven. Personal preference thing. IIRC we usually rolled them around in a pan first.

Good luck! Oh, I hope some Tums muscled their way into your basket, too...

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This is why we do it, fam.

Some threads just lose their steam and need help.

source.gif

43 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Some threads just lose their steam and need help.

source.gif

Let's face it. Facilities just make everyone unhappy. But meat... meat makes everyone un-unhappy! 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Let's face it. Facilities just make everyone unhappy. But meat... meat makes everyone un-unhappy! 

What a minute, have you tried the meatless burger at Burger King?  Yeah, neither have I, sounds horrible.

43 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What a minute, have you tried the meatless burger at Burger King?  Yeah, neither have I, sounds horrible.

Actually, I have. It's not any worse than a normal Whopper. Problem is it costs $1 more so nobody's going to switch to it. They might see an uptick from people like me who never go to BK but wanted to support more vegetable-based options in fast food, but I can't imagine it will be enough of a response to justify keeping it on the menu. 

But if it does stick, then I'd absolutely look for a BK on road trips so that I can get one of those instead of factory beef. But I will only drive by so many Taco Bells or Popeye'ses before I give up looking for it. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

It's not any worse than a normal Whopper

I would imagine if you *Flame Broil* that burger and put onions, pickles, lettuce, mayo and ketchup on it, then it would taste about the same.  It’s not worth the extra dollar or eating at a fast food restaurant. I do empathize with anyone is traveling with small kids who need a fast way to get a meal on the road.

30 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I would imagine if you *Flame Broil* that burger and put onions, pickles, lettuce, mayo and ketchup on it, then it would taste about the same.  It’s not worth the extra dollar or eating at a fast food restaurant. I do empathize with anyone is traveling with small kids who need a fast way to get a meal on the road.

This.

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

YES!!! Again as much for the writing as the content. You can go either way on the sausage. You won't overcook that insanely fatty sausage by laying 10-15 mins of baking on top of a good grill/pan crisp. On the flip, you're safe to just roll it straight into the oven. Personal preference thing. IIRC we usually rolled them around in a pan first.

Good luck! Oh, I hope some Tums muscled their way into your basket, too...

Mmf. mmMMmmfmmfmmmMmfff. Mfm. mmmfmmFMmfmmMMMMMMfmm. Mmfm. MMMMMMMmfmfmfmMFMMMM.

Mm. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

(Hi, this is Auc's wife. He's gone to lay down for a little bit in a stupor. I don't know what you did to him. I had to peel his face off of the keyboard, and there was cream cheese and red pepper jelly smeared all over everything in the kitchen, and he won't stop smiling. These pigs in a blanket are pretty good though.)

2 hours ago, Auctoritas said:

Mmf. mmMMmmfmmfmmmMmfff. Mfm. mmmfmmFMmfmmMMMMMMfmm. Mmfm. MMMMMMMmfmfmfmMFMMMM.

Mm. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

(Hi, this is Auc's wife. He's gone to lay down for a little bit in a stupor. I don't know what you did to him. I had to peel his face off of the keyboard, and there was cream cheese and red pepper jelly smeared all over everything in the kitchen, and he won't stop smiling. These pigs in a blanket are pretty good though.)

I'm so glad he enjoyed!! LOVE the cream cheese and pepper jelly move.

Archived