Men vs. Georgia game thread

WarTiger

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'm certain Claxton has his BA, MA and PhD degrees by now. He's been playing basketball at UGA at least 7 years, maybe 8. Poor second half, but it's never bad to beat the DullDawgs.

He’s a 19 year old true sophomore, and this is only his second season there. Still feels new to me. Glad to be 4-0 against him. He’s making strides toward being an excellent big.

Ogbeide, on the other hand, I have had enough of, even after our fourth straight win against him lol.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

To be fair he is the only legit one we have had since Marquis and even he did not get drafted lol.

I still say Chuma will not be drafted this year. 

Just now, alexava said:

I still say Chuma will not be drafted this year. 

The only way that is the case is if he is not in the draft. SO I hope you are right!!!

31 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'm certain Claxton has his BA, MA and PhD degrees by now. He's been playing basketball at UGA at least 7 years, maybe 8. Poor second half, but it's never bad to beat the DullDawgs.

He’s a young whippersnapper compared to tyree and Davis at OM and Geist and Mizzou. I’ll get put in a nursing home and these guys will still be playing college ball.

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

He’s a young whippersnapper compared to tyree and Davis at OM and Geist and Mizzou. I’ll get put in a nursing home and these guys will still be playing college ball.

Fred Talley is still a running back at Arkansas to this day!!!

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Fred Talley is still a running back at Arkansas to this day!!!

Tommy trott is still here somewhere and I’m still waiting for Deangelo Benton’s breakout year. Still waiting on Kozan’s NLI too.

8 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Glad to get the win. Just survive on the road in the SEC this season. UGA took league leading LSU and tourney lock MSU to the wire in Athens last week. Let’s get back home and drive that seed up! 

And AU did not need any help from some idiot throwing a stuffed toy on the floor at the last second to give us an extra shot......good to walk away from there with a win..….so....moving along.....time to get ready for MSU on Saturday and hope some of the walking wounded might be helpful. 

Each remaining game is now a big game. MSU is a must win game as we can't afford to lose at home. 

I know zero about basketball x’s and o’s But when UGA was making their run in the 2nd half and was playing zone all I could think was attack the middle with Okeke.  I think Auburn tried a couple times but he’s reluctant to take it to the basket and draw the foul.  Also,  I wanted Bryce to redeem himself as much as anyone following the double Ts but feeding him back to back to back wasted that possession.  I’m sure someone can correct me if my thinking is off on this.

That was an exhilarating finish. I am extremely happy we made the plays to win the game down the stretch! Both ends of the floor. Great playcall by Bruce there to get one of our taller players a look from 3 and Chuma knocked it down. 

We also don't win without Horace's performance. He was fantastic. We are sorely going to miss him next year. He's the only hustle/tough guy on a roster of finesse guys.

12 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Each remaining game is now a big game. MSU is a must win game as we can't afford to lose at home. 

It is not a must win. We only need one more win in the regular season. Any win will do. The more the merrier though. 

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

That was an exhilarating finish. I am extremely happy we made the plays to win the game down the stretch! Both ends of the floor. Great playcall by Bruce there to get one of our taller players a look from 3 and Chuma knocked it down. 

We also don't win without Horace's performance. He was fantastic. We are sorely going to miss him next year. He's the only hustle/tough guy on a roster of finesse guys.

We had the same opportunity to beat USC on the road with Chuma taking an open three to win the game. He missed and everyone questioned the set and the shot. He makes and he’s a genius.   

McCormick has earned more minutes. He may be our best finisher on drives as well. 

i knew this one was going to be tough....UGA has not been winning but they have played some really good basketball at times...not having a true PG is killing them...our defense on the inside is either a foul or throw it in quick after a layup.....one more win gets us in, but i do think there has to be one win

6 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

We had the same opportunity to beat USC on the road with Chuma taking an open three to win the game. He missed and everyone questioned the set and the shot. He makes and he’s a genius.   

McCormick has earned more minutes. He may be our best finisher on drives as well. 

I loved the play to end the USC game. I was ecstatic Brown passed up a contested look for an open Chuma in the corner. To me, personally the shot going in or not doesn't dictate whether the call was good or not. I forgot to mention McCormick along with my praise of Horace. He really had a great game. Probably his best so far in an AU uniform IMO

Was really pleased that Bruce opted to go to Chuma because of his size rather than have Harper force something up. 

17 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

It is not a must win. We only need one more win in the regular season. Any win will do. The more the merrier though. 

You may be right but I really think we are on the bubble and a loss at home this late in the season might put us in the NIT. We lose this game then we have to win a road game against bama and or Tenn and that is a tall order.

1 hour ago, JwgreDeux said:

I agree, although he has to be pulled if he gets too out of control and makes mistakes. He's just inconsistent.

One interesting note about McCormick, is he seems to finish better than Harper. Harper tries to use his speed to get to the basket but this year he is getting rejected almost most of the time, while McCormick seems to have some ability to adjust and get his shot in, even if he is smaller than Harper and the D trying to block his shot...

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

You may be right but I really think we are on the bubble and a loss at home this late in the season might put us in the NIT. We lose this game then we have to win a road game against bama and or Tenn and that is a tall order.

I don't buy this. I think even if we lose the last 3 games (Tier 1 games), then I think if we win only 1 in SECT, we are a shoo-in. If we lose on out, I think we are in still, but by the skin of our teeth....

I just wanted to stop by to gripe and complain and say I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE the Rocky Top game is at 11 am. That is going to put a big big dent in the atmosphere for that game.

44 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

IMO, I think we get in with 19 wins.  The “Bruce Factor” will get us in.  

But that would mean finishing up with 4 straight losses counting the SEC tournament and I don't think that 19-13 will get them in. Hopefully they win 2 of 3 and at least 1 in the SEC tournament and secure a spot. 

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I just wanted to stop by to gripe and complain and say I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE the Rocky Top game is at 11 am. That is going to put a big big dent in the atmosphere for that game.

Actually it might help.  Students go on spring break that day.  Dorms close at 9:00 am that Saturday.  You might get some students to stick around for an 11:00 game.  My kid goes to most home games and this time might keep her in town to watch.

Archived