Men vs. South Carolina tournament game thread

Randman5000

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I know the rules, thanks!

JMO but it's not about the rules...it's  about the judgment of the calls on contact, etc... 

Great team win with Chuma being in foul trouble. Harper dictated the tempo in the 2nd and we played better D. All games moving fwd are going to be fights. Let's beat the gators. Glad they will be on their 4th game in 4 days I think

HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is not for South Carolina that is just for CHRIS FREAKING SILVA WHO IS THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!!! SEE YA NEVER!!!!!!!!!!! That dude wore us out for yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars. 

I'd want Silva on my team any day. Didn't like our strategy against him. I think EVERYBODY played well. I was disappointed with Horace but he played well at the end. I had no problem with the refs. When we decided to play smart and attack the rim we were rewarded. They called 3/4 moving screens on then I don't know what you guys expect in tournament ball better than that

For every announcer who us AU fans think is against is I really do think Jimmy Dykes has a soft spot in his heart for us because he is great friends with Gus and good friends with Bruce. I heard that War Dang Eagle from him at the end of the game!!!! lol WOOOO!!! You are a honorary Auburn man Mr Dykes!!!

HUUUUGE win by the boys. Damn it feels good to get that Frank Martin/Silva monkey off our backs. 

What a game by Harper!!! He picked it up with Chuma, Mac, and Horace basically getting zero going all game.

I wanted another double digit victory and 75 points!!! They just let Harper get mauled at the very end and did not call a foul when he got fouled 6 different times and let usc lite get a cheap steal and bucket at the very end.

As noted by many.....glad to see Silva on this way to the NBA or somewhere....got to give him credit....he was tough everywhere on the floor....JMO but gets the benefit on the contact fouls but don't leave him alone outside the 3 point line. 

Silva is top 5 annoying SEC players to see us face and that's a compliment. Kavaughn Allen for Florida is also on my list and we see him tomorrow. I'm counting on him pissing me off a bit  

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'd want Silva on my team any day. Didn't like our strategy against him. I think EVERYBODY played well. I was disappointed with Horace but he played well at the end. I had no problem with the refs. When we decided to play smart and attack the rim we were rewarded. They called 3/4 moving screens on then I don't know what you guys expect in tournament ball better than that

Like I said, when they evened up the calls AU pulled away. AU was the better team but the refs kept it close early with the phantom goal-tend, missing two or three calls that were fouls or out on USC which led to points, and getting AU on 2-3 fouls that were going to be offensive rebounds. USC was 50% from 3 until very late and that kept them in it too. 

we had too many mental errors today....i hope austin can go more tomorrow because if chuma keeps trying to play defense with his hands, he'll be in foul trouble again....purifoy ain't perfect but he gave us some good minutes again.....one thing i love about this bunch is they never stop playing hard and that is what won this game today

8 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Like I said, when they evened up the calls AU pulled away. AU was the better team but the refs kept it close early with the phantom goal-tend, missing two or three calls that were fouls or out on USC which led to points, and getting AU on 2-3 fouls that were going to be offensive rebounds. USC was 50% from 3 until very late and that kept them in it too. 

I don't ever understand what not just you but people point out shooting good from the other team as if that's not on us. In the beginning we got calls too, we had Silva in foul trouble early got a couple of moving screens...  and the calls weren't even up when we pulled away they were in our favor....but we earned those calls. We made the refs had to call calls. Just like Silva did early. Of course there were some blown calls but there was never a point in the game from either team where anybody could say no matter what we try they call it. The refs were very consistent as far as what type of game they were calling. They pretty much let them playbut wouldn't let you use leverage on your extending arm

19 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Silva is top 5 annoying SEC players to see us face and that's a compliment. Kavaughn Allen for Florida is also on my list and we see him tomorrow. I'm counting on him pissing me off a bit  

If he had a Harper to play with him.....smh. Scary

30 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is not for South Carolina that is just for CHRIS FREAKING SILVA WHO IS THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!!! SEE YA NEVER!!!!!!!!!!! That dude wore us out for yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars. 

I would be ecstatic if he could somehow wind up in Boston. Glad he is gone from the SEC though. He doesn't miss. 

Archived