Men vs. New Mexico State - game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was a betting man, I would bet $10,000 that Harper doesn't play that bad in the final 5 minutes again. He knew he messed up and he won't do that again. 

Yikes literally the worst b-ball I’ve ever seen played in the last 40 seconds. Especially in a game we could’ve pushed the lead to 20

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I'm so exhausted from this thread I may have to leave work.....lol

Me too! Lord have mercy, I’m literally on a bulldozer pushing trees over in the woods. If I wasn’t doing that...I’d probably have had a coronary by now.

Also, can I just say how rare it is for Doughty to miss FTs. An 84% FT shooter missing 4 FTs in a row, 2 of them in the last minute. Don't think that will happen again, either. 

WE WERE ALMOST one and dumb TODAY....my gosh,we had our heads up our asses today....this is the dumbest game we have played all year....give NMSU credit but dayum, i don't know what happened to them....i'm shaking like a dog trying to crap a peach seed...we almost lost a game that we ought to won by 20

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

Nerves and being in an unfamiliar place will cause mistakes.

Nerves or not,  That was stupidly blowing a 12 point lead. Bad fundamental basketball no other way to spin it.

WHEEEEEWW. I felt it...NMSt being a big threat. Goodness we almost folded under pressure. I feel like after today that we'll come out game 2 blazing but NMSt was worthy of the praise they got in being a big threat to us. Any team that can match us shooting 3s will be a challenge. 

We were the better team but we went brain dead. We could have pounded inside all day long but we wouldn't for some reason and at the end we couldn't keep up or we did something stupid. The ball was off of Doughty but only because the NMST play was on his back. They should have called the over the back. We can thank Jvon for this win as he was the only player who played well today.  

We should have had Wiley playing more and pounding it in to him.  In addition to the worst two minutes the team has played all year we still could have won easily if we had just made our layups or our free throws.

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We were the better team but we went brain dead. We could have pounded inside all day long but we wouldn't for some reason and at the end we couldn't keep up or we did something stupid. The ball was off of Doughty but only because the NMST play was on his back. They should have called the over the back. We can thank Jvon for this win as he was the only player who played well today.  

We should have had Wiley playing more and pounding it in to him.  In addition to the worst two minutes the team has played all year we still could have won easily if we had just made our layups or our free throws.

We checked out mentally after getting up 13 in the second half. It's literally like a switch was flipped.

why did we not drive the paint....it was WIDEASS open all day long....i hope the terrible,awful, horrible basketball is out of our system because we sure played that way today...fouling a jump shooter must be some kind of addiction with our guards....stupid

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Me too! Lord have mercy, I’m literally on a bulldozer pushing trees over in the woods. If I wasn’t doing that...I’d probably have had a coronary by now.

I work in the medical field....and I'm headed to the cafeteria in a minute for some emotional eating....

Just now, AUwent said:

On the bright side, a few other highly-ranked teams are getting all they can handle.

I totally forgot there were other games going on and I have a bracket to start marking through with red pen.

Horrible last 5 minutes. Extremely lucky to get the W. Going to have to play smarter to advance any further. 

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Agree 100%. They couldn't do anything with Wiley. We should've went through Wiley most of the game like we do sometimes with Okeke. The pressure got to us for sure. But i know that we'll clean up those mistakes. Harper has to be better at the end of the game and i know he'll come back game 2 angry 

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I dont want to watch basketball anymore

I was going to blame you in particular if we lost 😉

Archived