Men Vs. Kentucky game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HALFTIME.  TIgers lead 35-30.   Not a bad first half considering how poorly we shot the ball early. 

Tigers starting to force their game on them. I like where we are at. Let’s give them 20 minutes of hell. 

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

I guess that wasn't a foul on Harper's last drive

Not v/s the cats 

Maybe our guys need to learn to launch themselves in an uncontrolled dive straight into defenders when they shoot, so they can draw fouls too.

Officials are gonna keep UK in the game.....that's their job in a close game.....

Lucky to only be down by 5 by these refs and shots. Bruce needs to draw something up to get this thang rolling!

I feel pretty good about this if we just start hitting our 3s. Didn't play well, only down 5. Take it.

1 minute ago, 33gles said:

Maybe our guys need to learn to launch themselves in an uncontrolled dive straight into defenders when they shoot, so they can draw fouls too.

My biggest pet peeve in basketball. If a ball handler is out of control and runs into a defender, it should be an offensive foul every time.

Not playing great and our best player is out and just down 5? I'll take that any day. Have to come out strong in the second half. A repeat of the second half of the UNC game would be...amazing. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Officials are gonna keep UK in the game.....that's their job in a close game.....

Been that way all my life and I'm 52.

Just now, autigeremt said:

Tigers starting to force their game on them. I like where we are at. Let’s give them 20 minutes of hell. 

Yep! We should’ve been down by at least 12-15 points at halftime but only down 5 is great. 

Bryce shows up in the 2nd half then we have a great shot. Wish he would get off to better starts but we’re finding ourselves on offense. 

Foul issues with our bigs is going to hurt because they’re killing us inside 

Harper picked up the intensity.  We needed that from him.  Then made ther 4 point play. We need to come out with intense hustle.  Kentucky will likely get more points underneath due to our foul trouble in 2nd half.  We need to make them pay on our end.  They get 2, let's get 3.

37% FG percentage, 27% from 3, a lot of horrible foul calls, no Chuma ... and we're only down 5. I like our chances in the second half. The biggest 20 minutes we've ever had. Play hard and don't quit.

So frustrated.  Set the DVR because we went to church and I knew my family wanted to go to lunch afterwards.  Then they decided to go to the store.  I was on with it because I knew I set the DVR.  little did I know our power went out and so the first half didn’t record because I have to reset the box anytime the power goes out.  So I was only able to tune in the last minute of the half.  Can anyone give me a cliff notes version of how we’ve played?  

Nice run to end the half.  Could have been much worse. We're still in this and shooting poorly. Can't let them have a run in the second half. Keep it close and make a couple of our runs. Auburn can do this. Fouls are a concern though. 

Archived