Men Vs. Kentucky game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be a much worse situation. We’ve got hosed on several calls, will probably be playing walk-ons by end of game, and just really been out of our game...but I like our chances. If it can be done, Bruce and the gang can do it. 

this is the best AU basketball team in my lifetime....they are spilling their guts today....no complaints, and if chuma were playing, and the way UK is extending their defense, he'd score 30 and we'd win this SOB

The fact that we are even in this game at this point is pretty incredible. 

Honestly the second half is just going to come down to one thing and That is hitting our 3 point shots. 

1 minute ago, Ber798297 said:

So frustrated.  Set the DVR because we went to church and I knew my family wanted to go to lunch afterwards.  Then they decided to go to the store.  I was on with it because I knew I set the DVR.  little did I know our power went out and so the first half didn’t record because I have to reset the box anytime the power goes out.  So I was only able to tune in the last minute of the half.  Can anyone give me a cliff notes version of how we’ve played?  

Should've left them at the store. They decide to run errands on game day, that's on them. ;)

Just now, AURandy56 said:

Network execs are probably drooling over a Duke-Kentucky match-up. Come on, Tigers---make'em drown in their drool. 

i see i am not the only one that thinks like this, and maybe officials are instructed on how to call things?

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

We were able to weather the storm. Really wish we had Chuma in the locker room at halftime.

Wish he could have been there too. Would be an inspiration. 

1 minute ago, Ber798297 said:

So frustrated.  Set the DVR because we went to church and I knew my family wanted to go to lunch afterwards.  Then they decided to go to the store.  I was on with it because I knew I set the DVR.  little did I know our power went out and so the first half didn’t record because I have to reset the box anytime the power goes out.  So I was only able to tune in the last minute of the half.  Can anyone give me a cliff notes version of how we’ve played?  

Lots of half court sets with few fast breaks. Poor shooting. Officiating favors Uk. We are getting beat inside defensively. Most of the half was spent trailing UK by 10ish points. We turned it on in the last 5 minutes and cut their lead to as low as 2. Currently down five. 

In part, we have to play better in the second half, and we need to find an answer to their inside game.

2 minutes ago, Ber798297 said:

IMO, we didn't play that badly. We took a lot of wide open shots but they just didn't fall. Our defense needs to be better defending Washington because he was open a lot. The difference maker right now are the refs. They are making a lot of bad calls to benefit KY. Only thing I'm really worried about is foul trouble, Spencer, Dunbar, and Wiley are all in trouble. 

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

IMO, we didn't play that badly. We took a lot of wide open shots but they just didn't fall. Our defense needs to be better defending Washington because he was open a lot. The difference maker right now are the refs. They are making a lot of bad calls to benefit KY. Only thing I'm really worried about is foul trouble, Spencer, Dunbar, and Wiley are all in trouble. 

Danjel has 2 as well. 

I think UK gets ball to start.  If we can get a steal, run out 3 in transition, it would be a huge wakeup.  The guys have repeatedly said the defensive intensity leads to the boost in offense.  It will have to be our guards though.  Our big guys are in foul trouble already. 

Archived