2021 4* RB Armoni Goodwin (LSU)

cole256

Just now, jared52 said:

Lol, yeah the center is getting destroyed on every play. Just not much HT can do. Thompson has become a machine. 

So stop running dives into their teeth.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

So stop running dives into their teeth.

Well, like father like son. Frankly it doesn’t matter when the defense cannot even slow Thompson down at all. The DBs look lost on every play. I’m pretty surprised by that considering how well they have played to this point, even though it was weak competition. 

Just now, jared52 said:

Well, like father like son. Frankly it doesn’t matter when the defense cannot even slow Thompson down at all. The DBs look lost on every play. I’m pretty surprised by that considering how well they have played to this point, even though it was weak competition. 

I'm absolutely confused by the DB play. Looks lazy, and while ESPN is hyping this kid for Thompson,  he hasn't had a difficult throw all night. 

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I'm absolutely confused by the DB play. Looks lazy, and while ESPN is hyping this kid for Thompson,  he hasn't had a difficult throw all night. 

He’s made a few on the run like that last one, but yeah, no one within 5 yards of the WR. It’s baffling. 

12 hours ago, jared52 said:

Ugh, Armoni picks up a 4th and 2 that would have made this one close but the ball is stripped as he is fighting for yards. 

If he was fighting for yards...then I give him a pass on the fumble. Those kind are effort mistakes. 

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

If he was fighting for yards...then I give him a pass on the fumble. Those kind are effort mistakes. 

It was, but that’s two weeks in a row and this one really cost his team. Honestly I think he’s probably still thinking about his knee a lot and not focusing on ball security in those situations. 

I’m not sure if Josh will let him touch the ball again tonight now. Another fumble, this time on the handoff just before half. To be honest, the whole HT offense is atrocious tonight. Only 83 yards for the half. Huffman is certainly no pushover, but this is just not anyone’s night on that side of the ball. 

0-0 end of 3rd. Never would have imagined that. HT looks totally lost on offense. Armoni not really able to run downhill or make anything happen. I think he’s got maybe 20 yards on about 10 carries. 

Armoni just sealed the 3-0 win over Huffman but took a bit of a hit to the repaired knee. Limped off immediately with no help, so probably not a big deal. Finished with 10 carries for 124. 

Armoni with a 50+ yard run but pushed out at the 5. He was tripped up in the backfield but somehow kept his feet. He’s over 150 for the night. HT in a dog fight with Hoover. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Kid is going to be a first rounder . Super impressive 

If he gets back to pre-injury form, no doubt. He’s about 85% of what he was last year at this point. He’s also a bit bulkier, but he doesn’t have the cut and burst he used to have. Here’s hoping he’s the next Husky taken from AU in the first round though!

Armoni having another good night vs Oak Mountain (the team he was injured against last year). For the first time, you can see some of that quick change of direction coming back just now on a 16yd TD run, his second of the night. 

Archived