2021 4* RB Armoni Goodwin (LSU)

cole256

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

If JBoy is close with his mock, then it's up for discussion. I'd have to look, though, unless we get *Mims. If we get Mims along with one of Kool-Aid and Mondon, much less both, then I wouldn't bother looking, lol. 

*Which is not to say that I don't like our OL class. I'm really high on 3 of the guys, just going by what I've heard. But Mims would take it into "uh oh I just messed m'drawers" territory. 

Per 247Composite, Jboy's class prediction would have us at a point total that would have put us in 10th place last year. We'd be in 4th place right now, but that's without the other teams having filled out their classes yet.

If following Jboy's model, but substituting Mims for Orr, then we'd have finished in 8th place last year, behind the class we actually pulled in last year. Without other teams filling out their classes, we'd be in 3rd place right now.

So, in other words, by the star rankings, the class probably isn't going to measure up to last year's. After all, we had seventeen 4 stars last cycle. Best case here, we'll have three 5 stars and maybe twelve 4 stars (that's presuming that Lassiter, Dawson, and one other 3 star gets a bump), so by this measure we are down a few blue chip players no matter what.

However, I understand that filling the needs is different than just star gazing, and honestly, Jboy's prediction without Mims fills the need for bodies, but maybe not completely for talent. With Mims, it's a home run, IMO.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Some won't like this but AG reminds me of Trent Richardson coming out of HS.

You're right. I don't like it. I freaking love it.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

never looked at his tape, why would I?

8 minutes ago, Beaker said:

never looked at his tape, why would I?

Because he was good & fun to watch.

And he’s not at 100% yet! That’s crazy 😜 

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hopefully Goodwin has better vision. Trent had the worst vision I’ve ever seen from a RB

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Trent had the worst vision I’ve ever seen from a RB

Peyton Barber in college was hands down the worst I saw. He had a legitimate reason though with his learning challenges.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

I actually was thinking the same thing.  Maybe not the fastest player on the field, but the power to carry tacklers and the vision to see the hole.  I think this is a good comparison!

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

I actually was thinking the same thing.  Maybe not the fastest player on the field, but the power to carry tacklers and the vision to see the hole.  I think this is a good comparison!

Good news. The scouting report on him is that he actually is the faster player on the field. He's a sub-11.00 100 meter runner. Not Worm or Flash fast but faster than we're used to at RB. 

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Because he was good & fun to watch.

I don't watch those guys.   I don't watch them at the univ level except when we play them.  And no, I don't watch them if they are in the playoffs.   I have other things much more interesting to watch or do at my home.  

Yeah,  I am one of those kinda guys.  "All in, all Auburn."  

( I am not inferring you or anybody is not "all Auburn,"  I am only describing myself.  Nobody should read that wrong.   I am pretty narrow minded and won't watch the turds." 

8 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I don't watch those guys.   I don't watch them at the univ level except when we play them.  And no, I don't watch them if they are in the playoffs.   I have other things much more interesting to watch or do at my home.  

( I am not inferring you or anybody is not "all Auburn,"  I am only describing myself.  Nobody should read that wrong.   I am pretty narrow minded and won't watch the turds." 

Wow. Thanks for offering a differing viewpoint that I can't attack and even going out of your way to clarify that you don't consider it the superior viewpoint. Thanks a LOT. Jeez. Where's the fun in that?? 

>:(

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

( I am not inferring you or anybody is not "all Auburn,"  I am only describing myself.  Nobody should read that wrong.   I am pretty narrow minded and won't watch the turds.

@Beaker Read my OP again. I didn't say anything about Trent in college. I said coming out of high school.

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Beaker Read my OP again. I didn't say anything about Trent in college. I said coming out of high school.

No man, I read it carefully and knew exactly what you said.  (chuckling)    I don't remember him flirting with us and I dang sure don't watch film of their commits.   I am doing good to watch film of all of our guys.  I don't get to them all, but don't tell E.   Ooops.  

On 8/25/2020 at 2:10 PM, Beaker said:

I'm about the same way. I'd rather play Madden than watch UAT. I can watch other games sometimes, usually when I'm at my parents' house and watching with my father, but if it isn't Auburn, it's on the back burner for me.

On 8/20/2020 at 9:26 AM, ellitor said:

That is not a high schooler... I refuse to believe it

21 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I'm about the same way. I'd rather play Madden than watch UAT. I can watch other games sometimes, usually when I'm at my parents' house and watching with my father, but if it isn't Auburn, it's on the back burner for me.

I'm similar. I will watch only if there is a friend of another team and we're hanging out. It's a lot more relaxing when you don't particularly care who wins.

I watch bama games to just in case Gus calls me for advice on how to beat them.  So far I have waited anxiously by my phone and he has not called me once since he has been at Auburn. Do you think maybe because I have never coached a football game above the 6th Grade Level. 

LOL😀

Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

I watch bama games to just in case Gus calls me for advice on how to beat them.  So far I have waited anxiously by my phone and he has not called me once since he has been at Auburn. Do you think maybe because I have never coached a football game above the 6th Grade Level. 

LOL😀

The only times Bama has lost (other than to Auburn) over the Saban years has been when I turn off ESPN notifications and go do something where I can't see any score updates. If I spite watch them they always pull it off.

59 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

LOL😀

He got a new phone and lost your number!

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

Get back opn Goodwin peeps. He had a great game last week.

And unfortunately didn’t play what would have been a showcase game against Saraland this week who decided they didn’t want to play the game. 

4 hours ago, jared52 said:

against Saraland this week who decided they didn’t want to play the game. 

Yup. 8 hours is a long way to go to & from to play a game in the current environment & all, especially factoring in pit stops.

Archived