2021 4* RB Armoni Goodwin (LSU)

cole256

16 hours ago, keywest said:

This recruiting class was weak and going to close very poorly before the recent de-commitments. I personally don't see Goodwin possibly moving on as a negative, other then the general optics of losing a 4* prospect. Auburn doesn't need anymore 5'7" - 5'8" sub 200 LB RBs. They simply aren't big enough to run between the tackles and I have ZERO worries of bammer seriously recruiting him.

I would take a chance on a big RB and there is one about 30 minutes outside Auburn. Central Phenix City has a 5'11" 220 LB RB that clearly has P5 talent, runs hard, has surprising speed, follows blocks well and move well on his feet for his size. I know LSU has taken a serious look at him.

Lol you know what he'd be doing if Goodwin was at his school? Sitting or playing full back

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, man. Odd time of the year for the size queens to come out of the woodwork. You silly, silly people. 

From their recruiting profiles:

Dalvin Cook 5'11 190
Clyde Edwards-Helaire 5'7 191
Devonta Freeman 5'8 197
Alvin Kamara 5'10 195
Aaron Jones 5'11 175
Ronald Jones 6'0 185
Kenyan Drake 6'1 187
Nyheim Hines 5'9 187
Tre Mason 5'8 185

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, man. Odd time of the year for the size queens to come out of the woodwork. You silly, silly people. 

From their recruiting profiles:

Dalvin Cook 5'11 190
Clyde Edwards-Helaire 5'7 191
Devonta Freeman 5'8 197
Alvin Kamara 5'10 195
Aaron Jones 5'11 175
Ronald Jones 6'0 185
Kenyan Drake 6'1 187
Nyheim Hines 5'9 187
Tre Mason 5'8 185

Michael Dyer 5' 9"  220 is another good one.

Well, Larry Johnson still has not committed and his top two are supposedly TAMU and Texas.   Texas is not looking so hot and maybe we can make an impression when the vaunted Aggies come to town.   I think they are good, but not a dominating nor powerful team as a top 5 ranking may indicate.   

Looking for some hope here....

Got a strange text from someone asking if I had eligibility remaining.  Auburn can't be that desperate, right?  It was an alabama area code.   

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Kinda got the same impression from Keith although he hasn't flat out said it yet.

I think somebody on rivals put in a prediction right back to Auburn the same day he decommitted. Don’t know if that’s ever happened before

9 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I think somebody on rivals put in a prediction right back to Auburn the same day he decommitted. Don’t know if that’s ever happened before

Same Day someone putting in a future cast or crystal ball? Probaly not. I just wanted to reminisce on what a fun day it was when NCM re committed to AU baby! lol.

qewqew.png

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Not same day but Mike Farrell did put in a pick for AU 2 nights ago, the day after he decommitted.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Same Day someone putting in a future cast or crystal ball? Probaly not. I just wanted to reminisce on what a fun day it was when NCM re committed to AU baby! lol.

qewqew.png

Man... what a waste

20 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Man... what a waste

Yup. Kid was never the same after his injury in high school. Plus he came to a school that for the most part doesn't develop WRs well.

Just now, ellitor said:

Yup. Kid was never the same after his injury in high school. Plus he came to a school that for the most part doesn't develop WRs well.

Saw someone mention Matthew Hill could have gone to Clemson... I almost feel bad for him

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Saw someone mention Matthew Hill could have gone to Clemson... I almost feel bad for him

Would have been as a S though. At the time he wanted to play WR.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Would have been as a S though. At the time he wanted to play WR.

True. Might have sped up his transition though now that we moved him anyways.

6 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Since Goodwin took back his AU commit, has anybody on here heard Carnell and Gus are checking out other RB's?

@auburn4everGoodwin has not taken back his AU commitment yet. We still only plan to sign 1 RB in this class which has always been the case.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

@auburn4everGoodwin has not taken back his AU commitment yet. We still only plan to sign 1 RB in this class which has always been the case.

what does "take back a commitment" mean?  

Very awkward sounding.   Sounds like returning a birthday gift...

37 minutes ago, Beaker said:

what does "take back a commitment" mean?  

Very awkward sounding.   Sounds like returning a birthday gift...

@Beaker I was just speaking in the same way a4e was. In this instance it means re-committed which he has not.

50 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Beaker I was just speaking in the same way a4e was. In this instance it means re-committed which he has not.

Really? It sounded more like it meant de-committed to me. Why would we be looking at other backs if he'd re-committed?

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Really? It sounded more like it meant de-committed to me. Why would we be looking at other backs if he'd re-committed?

@Rednilla We aren’t looking at other RBs. a4e always wants at least two RBs in the class no matter how stacked the RB room is. Read a4e’s post then read mine again and forget rational reading logic and try to think like a4e (scary thought I know). the way I put it was in a similar fashion the way he stated in his original post in which he was talking about Goodwin recommitting to Auburn but he just phrased it differently than most of us would.

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Rednilla We aren’t looking at other RBs. a4e always wants at least two RBs in the class no matter how stacked the RB room is. Read a4e’s post then read mine again and forget rational reading logic and try to think like a4e (scary thought I know). the way I put it was in a similar fashion the way he stated in his original post in which he was talking about Goodwin recommitting to Auburn but he just phrased it differently than most of us would.

Oh, I understood what you meant by what you're doing, it just looked like in a4e's comment, he was asking about the coaches looking at other RBs since Armoni decommitted...but I will gladly defer to you on actual meaning from a4e, because I struggle to understand his thought process.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Read a4e’s post then read mine again and forget rational reading logic and try to think like a4e

I realize we may have gotten off on the wrong foot E, but do I really deserve cruel and unusual punishment?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived