cole256

16 minutes ago, AUDub said:

He's going to break 200 tonight. 

And he has just now.  

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

The 1-2 with him and Armoni is amazing. Can't imagine facing that as a defender. They'll both run you over. 

Lol, you see that run? Sean will no go down. Stiff arms a dude, runs through another, and scores. 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

And he has just now.  

I think that puts him over 500 for the season. He wants 2000, going to be tough with the games coming up but if they make the playoffs and win a couple I think he can do it. 

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I think that puts him over 500 for the season. He wants 2000, going to be tough with the games coming up but if they make the playoffs and win a couple I think he can do it. 

Saraland opting out definitely doesn't help. Took a game off the schedule. 

Next week is going to be epic. Glad HT has it at home though the way they do the scheduling is dumb. This is the second year in a row that Thompson has had to come to Trussville, just like Trussville had to go to Tuscaloosa two straight years. 

We will see how healthy Armani is next week.

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

I remember that Hewitt-Thompson game from 2 years ago and Goodwin caught my eye then. 

Hewitt seem to always be loaded with talent. Who else they got that we should be looking at in the future? 

Saw some Dyer comparisons on Twitter. I don't see it but I'd take it.

Also, further to @Barnacle's observation, it's crazy the names this guy's drawing comparisons to. Might as well throw AP, DMac, Reggie Bush and John Riggins in there. I think that covers the main "types". Oh and Rudi Johnson.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Saw some Dyer comparisons on Twitter. I don't see it but I'd take it.

Also, further to @Barnacle's observation, it's crazy the names this guy's drawing comparisons to. Might as well throw AP, DMac, Reggie Bush and John Riggins in there. I think that covers the main "types". Oh and Rudi Johnson.

You don’t see it this year. He’s not the same back he was before his injury last year. Really hoping he gets back to that before the season is over. He used to change directions as stupid speed and not miss a step. It was unreal. 

4 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I remember that Hewitt-Thompson game from 2 years ago and Goodwin caught my eye then. 

Hewitt seem to always be loaded with talent. Who else they got that we should be looking at in the future? 

I think the freshman group that just came up was pretty successful. The coaches oldest son might turn into a pretty good QB. There are a couple of big boys on the OL in that calls as well a a DL. Gotta see if they mature physically to see if they are worth keeping an eye on. 

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

You don’t see it this year. He’s not the same back he was before his injury last year. Really hoping he gets back to that before the season is over. He used to change directions as stupid speed and not miss a step. It was unreal. 

Probably not necessary for me to say, but I don't mean that I don't see him being *as good* as Dyer. Just doesn't strike me as the same kind of back. Seems a little longer and faster. Could be wrong. Love that you're keeping us up to date on him!

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Probably not necessary for me to say, but I don't mean that I don't see him being *as good* as Dyer. Just doesn't strike me as the same kind of back. Seems a little longer and faster. Could be wrong. Love that you're keeping us up to date on him!

I don’t see Dyer either, I think people say that because they have same running style but the player I see more is Edwards-Helaire from LSU

If I’ve compared him to anyone, then I was wrong. I’m also too lazy to look back through the thread to see if I did. He is his own deal. When he gets his full cut back ability back, he’s like no back I have seen at AU. He could be running east-west looking for a hole and once something develops he could hit it in an instant and be into the second level before the LBs even knew he turned upfield. 

Maybe I’m not used to seeing an SEC caliber back in HS, but I’ve never see a college back with his change of direction speed pre-injury. 

18 hours ago, jared52 said:

FYI, he did fumble at the end of the run at :31. Was carrying dudes for extra yards and they were able to rip it out. I think that’s his first fumble this year and he didn't fumble in the 2 or 3 games he played in lasted year if I remember correctly. Also, you can see a little of that north-south burst I was talking about at the 1 min mark. 

43 minutes ago, jared52 said:

If I’ve compared him to anyone, then I was wrong. I’m also too lazy to look back through the thread to see if I did. He is his own deal. When he gets his full cut back ability back, he’s like no back I have seen at AU. He could be running east-west looking for a hole and once something develops he could hit it in an instant and be into the second level before the LBs even knew he turned upfield. 

Maybe I’m not used to seeing an SEC caliber back in HS, but I’ve never see a college back with his change of direction speed pre-injury. 

During his brief healthy time at AU, prior to a career ending knee injury, 'Lectron Williams (circa 1989) could do cuts similar to what you describe. I've never seen anyone else who could do that. Let's hope Goodwin regains his full mobility, it would be something to see.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

During his brief healthy time at AU, prior to a career ending knee injury, 'Lectron Williams (circa 1989) could do cuts similar to what you describe. I've never seen anyone else who could do that. Let's hope Goodwin regains his full mobility, it would be something to see.

What you don't think Terry Henley had those skills as well:poke:

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

What you don't think Terry Henley had those skills as well:poke:

What I did see Henley do was, on several consecutive plays, point at the gap where he was going to run the ball, run it there, gain yards and eventually score a TD. 1st and goal at the 9 yard line, he points, goes there and gets it to the 1, did the same and scored on the next carry. That was against Tennessee.

My favorite Henley moment was at the pep rally prior to the '72 Iron Bowl. In the old barn and the place was packed. I climbed up top and sat on a rafter. Coach Jordan had his say, talking about what a great team Alabama had. Each senior had his turn, talking the same stuff. When Henley got hold of the mic, all he said was "We're gonna' take 'em like a capsule." 17-16 was a big capsule, but we did take 'em. :)

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

What I did see Henley do was, on several consecutive plays, point at the gap where he was going to run the ball, run it there, gain yards and eventually score a TD. 1st and goal at the 9 yard line, he points, goes there and gets it to the 1, did the same and scored on the next carry. That was against Tennessee.

My favorite Henley moment was at the pep rally prior to the '72 Iron Bowl. In the old barn and the place was packed. I climbed up top and sat on a rafter. Coach Jordan had his say, talking about what a great team Alabama had. Each senior had his turn, talking the same stuff. When Henley got hold of the mic, all he said was "We're gonna' take 'em like a capsule." 17-16 was a big capsule, but we did take 'em. :)

Was there as well think I may have seen some crazy nut guy up in the rafters. Those were some good times

Well, this one got ugly fast. Armoni looks decent tonight but HT decided to leave all the Thompson WR wide open. 35-14 at half and Thompson has 300 yards passing on 10 throws. 

5 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Well, this one got ugly fast. Armoni looks decent tonight but HT decided to leave all the Thompson WR wide open. 35-14 at half and Thompson has 300 yards passing on 10 throws. 

Swear to God if Floyd calls one more play diving him up the 0 or 1 gap I'm going to drive up to the stadium and slap him myself. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Swear to God if Floyd calls one more play diving him up the 0 or 1 gap I'm going to drive up to the stadium and slap him myself. 

Lol, yeah the center is getting destroyed on every play. Just not much HT can do. Thompson has become a machine. 

Archived