All Things 2019 QB Talk

countoff

16 hours ago, cole256 said:

So does anybody expect to see both QB's? Can we talk about that?

I suspect we see both....but I can't tell how it plays out until we see a few games. I felt that Joey would be the starter the whole way because of his size and having been in the program a little longer but I have to "hope" that Bo is as good as I've seen him (small sample size). Not having a lot of experience for both made this one hard to "guess."

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Not too many wanted to talk they wanted you to shut up

Sorry you saw it that way but that's not how it was. As far as I know nobody was really opposed to talking about how to use the QBs. The board just got caught up in other stupid squabbles. Myself included.

Andy Burcham couldn't have asked for a better situation.  How many "Touchdown Bo" or "Touchdown Nix" calls will he make this year that bring back such a flood of memories for everyone listening?

I can't wait for the excitement and nostalgia to really hit when that first call is made.  I just wish Rod could have been around for it.  😪

6 minutes ago, JJB74 said:

I’ll just leave this here for those that didn’t believe me earlier this week 

76AD2C5E-C756-4583-A34D-6B71C62D2A47.jpeg

Gatewood ran a 4.81 over 2 and a half years ago. He was probably barely 17

2 hours ago, JJB74 said:

Did you hand time those yourself or go with Auburn's off-season super accurate 40 timer?

Forest/trees. 

To me, the single least important fact about Auburn football this season is whether or not Bo is a tenth of a second faster than anybody else on the team. What actually is relevant to me is that he is more than athletic enough to cause problems for the defenses he faces. You don't need a stopwatch to know that but it's pretty great that we're even having this conversation.

He looks like he gets to a respectable speed quick in the limited clips I've seen of him. If he can Manziel his way in and around the pocket to buy time to find a a receiver that will be a big time boost for the O.

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Forest/trees. 

To me, the single least important fact about Auburn football this season is whether or not Bo is a tenth of a second faster than anybody else on the team. What actually is relevant to me is that he is more than athletic enough to cause problems for the defenses he faces. You don't need a stopwatch to know that but it's pretty great that we're even having this conversation.

I just want to see him navigate the pocket with confidence and not let his eyes drop, especially when there is no pressure.  Stidham's pocket presence was his biggest shortcoming.  His eyes dropped quickly and he bailed often when he did not have to.  Hopefully he is able to improve on that in the NFL, but it is really hard to teach. 

1 hour ago, Howard Roark said:

I just want to see him navigate the pocket with confidence and not let his eyes drop, especially when there is no pressure.  Stidham's pocket presence was his biggest shortcoming.  His eyes dropped quickly and he bailed often when he did not have to.  Hopefully he is able to improve on that in the NFL, but it is really hard to teach. 

Totally agree.

I remember getting laughed off the board for saying Sean White might be more mobile than JJ. It wasn't even close.

"Mobility" is about so much more than metrics. The fact that Bo's are even close to the other guys is cause for celebration. If he can actually put those to use? We might enjoy football season again. 

On 8/21/2019 at 4:56 PM, JJB74 said:

76AD2C5E-C756-4583-A34D-6B71C62D2A47.jpeg

So now being athletic is cool 😎

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Totally agree.

I remember getting laughed off the board for saying Sean White might be more mobile than JJ. It wasn't even close.

"Mobility" is about so much more than metrics. The fact that Bo's are even close to the other guys is cause for celebration. If he can actually put those to use? We might enjoy football season again. 

You know, I'm hopeful that working with both Nix and Joey has helped the WRs to better develop in their scramble drills to get open on broken plays. It just seems to me that separation in those situations has been a sore spot for quite awhile now. 

20 hours ago, Howard Roark said:

Watch Bo's film......he is very good at extending plays not to run but to throw the ball down field and that's one of the reasons he was not sacked in his senior year in high school.

he keeps his eyes down field and not on the rush.....

I don't think a lot of people don't realize how good he is and how long he's been playing QB.

so here's a quick story for you.......When he was in the 8th grade, the starting QB for the high school team got hurt in a playoff game......So Bo was the next man up.....he goes into a high school playoff game and throws 5 TD's in the game......they lost the game but the team that beat them won state that year.....

so just think about that a 13 year old kid comes into a high school playoff game and throws 5 TD's 

the kid has got talent and he knows what to do with it.

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:
10 minutes ago, JJB74 said:

...but do we?

Oh, I know exactly what I'M going to with it....

NrFlBtz.gif

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

...but do we?

I have a feeling that Gus is going to turn him loose and let Bo be Bo.

Gus has watched him go up against what everyone is saying....one of the best defenses in the national since the spring and Bo's has done very well against them.....So Gus knows what he can do.

1 minute ago, JJB74 said:

I have a feeling that Gus is going to turn him loose and let Bo be Bo.

Gus has watched him go up against what everyone is saying....one of the best defenses in the national since the spring and Bo's has done very well against them.....So Gus knows what he can do.

I'd love to see that. I think that has to happen for Gus to return.

33 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Oh, I know exactly what I'M going to with it....

NrFlBtz.gif

@augolf1716 when he's binge watching Stranger Things but all the drinks are PBR.

33 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd love to see that. I think that has to happen for Gus to return.

Supposedly Gus has encouraged Bo to be a gunslinger in practice which surprised me to hear.

1 hour ago, JJB74 said:

Watch Bo's film......he is very good at extending plays not to run but to throw the ball down field and that's one of the reasons he was not sacked in his senior year in high school.

he keeps his eyes down field and not on the rush.....

I don't think a lot of people don't realize how good he is and how long he's been playing QB.

so here's a quick story for you.......When he was in the 8th grade, the starting QB for the high school team got hurt in a playoff game......So Bo was the next man up.....he goes into a high school playoff game and throws 5 TD's in the game......they lost the game but the team that beat them won state that year.....

so just think about that a 13 year old kid comes into a high school playoff game and throws 5 TD's 

Don't take my comment as a reflection on Bo, but I always want to see it at this level before I say it is a sure thing.  If anyone has been properly prepared it is Bo. 

Archived