All Things 2019 QB Talk

countoff

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

This link recalls the same quote... I want to say this was either in the pregame interview with Muschamp or something similar but here is a link that lists the same quote.

http://rolltidewareagle.com/2015/09/14/auburn-coaching-problems/

Well, there ya are. I didn't recall that. 

I absolutely expect to see both QBs. I am hoping that the reason the race was so tight is because the talent is equal, but Bo had more experience in reading the defense and calling plays than Joey did. If that's the truth, then Gus can't afford to let the second talented QB just ride the pine. He will play. That's why all the talk of him leaving right away makes me cringe. If he stays and gains a little more experience and then wants to leave, so be it. But I really hope he stays.

58 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Attitude? It was sarcasm, dude. 

Also, nothing in my response even ties back into the scary R word. You said nix it, understood. There was no point rehashing that. 

Well my apologies. Even if it was sarcasm it came across as condescending sarcasm. The condescending part was what I was referring to when I said attitude. Some people may be ok with condescending replies to them. I'm not. If I missed the boat on that too then I apologize again. Either way, have a great day!

:cheers:

20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So does anybody expect to see both QB's? Can we talk about that?

I do.  At least I hope so.  I, for one, have never really been against using two qbs.  I think there are poor ways to do it, but both these guys have too many skills to sit one on the bench.

i wrote in the other thread I could see Joey G getting the start and going a heavy very very fast first series with running game.  Zone read, end Rounds, unbalanced line, etc... staples of a gus run game.

i could see that catching Oregon off guard.  I mean lightening fast speed ... zero subs and 10-15 seconds between snaps.

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Absolutely. Not nowhere near the same thing as hoping a QB transfers to such & such school which is what I was referring to specifically when I said the post lacked tact.

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Absolutely. Not nowhere near the same thing as hoping a QB transfers to such & such school which is what I was referring to specifically when I said the post lacked tact.

Well if you legitimately wanting the best for the young man then that may be the path, if you're just wanting what's best for Auburn though then you may not agree. 

37 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I do.  At least I hope so.  I, for one, have never really been against using two qbs.  I think there are poor ways to do it, but both these guys have too many skills to sit one on the bench.

i wrote in the other thread I could see Joey G getting the start and going a heavy very very fast first series with running game.  Zone read, end Rounds, unbalanced line, etc... staples of a gus run game.

i could see that catching Oregon off guard.  I mean lightening fast speed ... zero subs and 10-15 seconds between snaps.

I don't know how I feel...I don't like it, but at the same time I don't think we have a good short yard back and think we may need jg size.....I guess we'll see

47 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I absolutely expect to see both QBs. I am hoping that the reason the race was so tight is because the talent is equal, but Bo had more experience in reading the defense and calling plays than Joey did. If that's the truth, then Gus can't afford to let the second talented QB just ride the pine. He will play. That's why all the talk of him leaving right away makes me cringe. If he stays and gains a little more experience and then wants to leave, so be it. But I really hope he stays.

But was it really tight? Some people say that then some people posted that JG couldn't move the offense

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well if you legitimately wanting the best for the young man then that may be the path, if you're just wanting what's best for Auburn though then you may not agree. 

Regardless now isn't the tactful time to talk about a potential transfer. It would be nice if we could get a few games in & let some thing play out some. As you pointed out numerous times playing games will tell the story.

With that said, people feel free to post as you will.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Regardless now isn't the tactful time to talk about a potential transfer. It would be nice if we could get a few games in & let some thing play out some. As you pointed out numerous times playing games will tell the story.

With that said, people feel free to post as you will.

Meh I don't know all about this tact stuff. I believe you are one of the people that says what we say here on the board doesn't mean much. And being tactful to who? If it's other people on the board you're referring too, I'm not interested in protecting feelings of certain posters. 

But I agree with the wait for a little, but I don't agree with people trying to dictate someone else posts. Also every place needs a person that's not scared to play devil's advocate. In my line of work it's actually a requirement

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

But was it really tight? Some people say that then some people posted that JG couldn't move the offense

Honestly, I don't know. But the fact that Bo could move the offense and Joey wasn't doing as well in that, and that their throws looked about equal according to people who supposedly saw them, leads me to believe the talent was pretty equal, but maybe the ability to read the defense and call plays was not. I guess we've been focusing on their physical talents and not so much the other qb talents.

It's all supposition and speculation from me. I'm certainly no expert on anything, except maybe my 5 year olds in class and what my husband should be doing around the house. :Sing:

Just now, 3rdgeneration said:

Honestly, I don't know. But the fact that Bo could move the offense and Joey wasn't doing as well in that, and that their throws looked about equal according to people who supposedly saw them, leads me to believe the talent was pretty equal, but maybe the ability to read the defense and call plays was not. I guess we've been focusing on their physical talents and not so much the other qb talents.

It's all supposition and speculation from me. I'm certainly no expert on anything, except maybe my 5 year olds in class and what my husband should be doing around the house. :Sing:

Oh trust me, the fact that you say that we're just guessing puts us so far ahead of the curve 😂. You're right though the hardest thing is really coming to conclusions off of things that we hear. 

I'm going to ask some hard questions coming up so don't be upset with me ok? Soon we're going to have to wonder do we want to really have a QB race going on after a couple of games!

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh trust me, the fact that you say that we're just guessing puts us so far ahead of the curve 😂. You're right though the hardest thing is really coming to conclusions off of things that we hear. 

I'm going to ask some hard questions coming up so don't be upset with me ok? Soon we're going to have to wonder do we want to really have a QB race going on after a couple of games!

Keep on being you...:big:

Image result for stirring the pot gif

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

But I agree with the wait for a little, but I don't agree with people trying to dictate someone else posts. Also every place needs a person that's not scared to play devil's advocate. In my line of work it's actually a requirement

Sorry if it was seen as a dictation. My opinion was I just think it's disrespectful to the kids & the race they just had to immediately hypothize on a potential transfer. It's one of the best days in one kid's life & a tough pill to swallow for the other. But like I said carry on. It's nor breaking any site rules.

4 hours ago, au701948 said:

doc.. I would love for this type of season to develop. It has winning, both QB's playing and having fun.

I am proud for Bo indeed. I do think we will play Joey enough to keep him happy. Give him time in those easier games to get experience in that if something happens to Bo, we need Joey to carry the torch. I think Joey could start for some SEC teams no doubt. We need to figure out a way to keep Joey happy and in the games. Freddie just hit an opposite field homer for the braves!!

58 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Please @3rdgeneration don't encourage the pretentious one. 

Lol you say this as if we've talked. You want my attention so bad lol....but you're offer just not worth it

Just now, cole256 said:

Lol you say this as if we've talked. You want my attention so bad lol....but you're offer just not worth it

Classic. Like I'm beneath you, please, keep proving my point. You must be soooo proud of your alleged forum cred and reputation. 

5 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Classic. Like I'm beneath you, please, keep proving my point. You must be soooo proud of your alleged forum cred and reputation. 

Look at what you're trying to do. That is beneath me

Just now, cole256 said:

Look at what you're trying to do. That is beneath me

What AM i trying to do? 

I've never, once, seen you beneath firing up an argument with someone else for a difference of opinion before. 

4 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Well, there ya are. I didn't recall that. 

I want to say it was in one of the small clips CBS recorded with the coaches for the pregame of the Louisville game. You can also find other schools mocking Muschamp for saying that in late September lol. Trying to see if I can find the vid.

15 hours ago, cole256 said:

I was totally on the '06 Florida thing all offseason and probably before, but then I backed off it when I considered that Bo is a true freshman instead of the senior and 4th-year starter that Leak was, but now I'm back on it. Bo should eventually be better than Leak and is likely more athletic *now*. (Unless I'm mis-remembering, Leak wasn't super mobile and didn't have a super strong arm, but I very well could be wrong.) And Joey, in my mind, is likely a better *overall* quarterback than Tebow was in terms of sheer athleticism and throwing ability. (That's based more off my opinion of Tebow- and the staff and team he played with- than my knowledge of Joey, which is zero.) 

Anyway, knowing Gus, looking at our past offenses, looking at the talent we have available... I like Joey as a package guy. Not a true time share, because I don't think that's ever worked, and Bo has in fact been named the starter. But as '06 Tebow? Oh hell yeah. 

Also, I think Jay Jay Wilson might be even more than we'd hoped. I hoped for Eric Smith, but he's sounding like a better overall version. Evidently he's picked up and executing his blocking assignments, and we already knew he was a fantastic pass catcher. I'm a little bit ignorant on the Xs and Os, but I can see where that makes him a dream component of a short yardage/goal line package. He can block at the line or release for drags, wheels, rub routes and such.  

Also, if we do have a big lead in the 4th quarter in any game, Joey seems like a great option to come in and go run-heavy and kill the clock. (I'm obviously NOT talking about taking the foot off the gas in the 2nd quarter. No, Gus. We'll never forget.) But being automatic in short yardage situations was one of Cam's and that 2010 offense's greatest strengths. 2013 and 2014, too. 

Just talking out of my ass because I'd love to keep this part of the conversation going and hear what others think. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I was totally on the '06 Florida thing all offseason and probably before, but then I backed off it when I considered that Bo is a true freshman instead of the senior and 4th-year starter that Leak was, but now I'm back on it. Bo should eventually be better than Leak and is likely more athletic *now*. (Unless I'm mis-remembering, Leak wasn't super mobile and didn't have a super strong arm, but I very well could be wrong.) And Joey, in my mind, is likely a better *overall* quarterback than Tebow was in terms of sheer athleticism and throwing ability. (That's based more off my opinion of Tebow- and the staff and team he played with- than my knowledge of Joey, which is zero.) 

Anyway, knowing Gus, looking at our past offenses, looking at the talent we have available... I like Joey as a package guy. Not a true time share, because I don't think that's ever worked, and Bo has in fact been named the starter. But as '06 Tebow? Oh hell yeah. 

Also, I think Jay Jay Wilson might be even more than we'd hoped. I hoped for Eric Smith, but he's sounding like a better overall version. Evidently he's picked up and executing his blocking assignments, and we already knew he was a fantastic pass catcher. I'm a little bit ignorant on the Xs and Os, but I can see where that makes him a dream component of a short yardage/goal line package. He can block at the line or release for drags, wheels, rub routes and such.  

Also, if we do have a big lead in the 4th quarter in any game, Joey seems like a great option to come in and go run-heavy and kill the clock. (I'm obviously NOT talking about taking the foot off the gas in the 2nd quarter. No, Gus. We'll never forget.) But being automatic in short yardage situations was one of Cam's and that 2010 offense's greatest strengths. 2013 and 2014, too. 

Just talking out of my ass because I'd love to keep this part of the conversation going and hear what others think. 

Man I missed you yesterday bro lol. Not too many wanted to talk they wanted you to shut up and get in line. I'm at work but I'll come back and tell you my thoughts on break

Archived