In case you missed it, ABC pulls Hyde story.

AURaptor

ABC Pulls Story On Rep. Henry Hyde

Chicago ABC affiliate WLS was caught red-handed trying build a mountain out of a molehill in their story on the retirement of Representative Henry Hyde who presided over the House impeachment hearing of President Bill Clinton. The original story (preserved by the Google cache) was titled, "Clinton impeachment was retaliation for Nixon, says retiring congressman"

The only problem is that's not exactly what he said.

Andy Shaw asked Hyde if the Clinton proceedings were payback for Nixon's impeachment.

"I can't say it wasn't, but I also thought that the Republican party should stand for something, and if we walked away from this, no matter how difficult, we could be accused of shirking our duty, our responsibility," said Hyde.

Powerline deconstructs the editorializing of author Andy Shaw.

Raw Story The Raw Story contacted the station who acknowledge that the story was pulled and reedited due excessive commentary by the author.

The piece was removed from the ABC Chicago affiliate's (WLS) website Friday because the network felt it had too much commentary by the author, a staffer says. The affiliate also took down a video which included comments from Hyde.

"It was much more commentary than was necessary," a source inside ABC 7 Chicago told RAW STORY Friday morning.

Asked if the story was removed because the piece was editorialized, the staffer said "yes."

ABC scrambled to refocus the story and edit out Shaw's errant commentary - it's now Rep. Hyde reflects on 30 years of office.

ABC PULLS HYDE STORY

Hyde wasn't too bad, for a politician. He was mostly respectful and intelligent. I'll kinda miss him.

Even when he was wrong, it was for the right reasons. You can't say that about DeLay...or Hillary.

Archived