Oregon post game

Auburn2Eugene

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I just do not think Burcham has the right pipes to be the play by play guy for Auburn football and basketball. I know he has paid his dues and was next in line for it I just think Brad Law has a better voice for it. Something is missing. Lack of excitement as well. Jim and Rod ALWAYS brought the level of excitement that a moment warranted. I cannot see that for Andy.

Me either. 

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Did Jay Jay Wilson see the field? I don't remember seeing him

I was wondering the same thing

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I think he just needs time. He has big shoes to fill. I felt like it sounded kind of...forced....i think once he settles in and gets a chemistry with stan and gets the nerves gone he will be more natural and flow better. Not bad.

I'm sure it was forced at times. He is in a very difficult position.....still grieving, guardian of the Bramblett children, missing his best friend, and yet here he is in his dream job.....probably feeling some guilt too, for being happy about it.  His emotions must be right there on the edge....and so hard to control.  

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Anyone know what's up with Tega? Did he come back in after going out? I didn't see him go back in

He had the false start on what was going to be our 2-pt conversion attempt.

Sidebar- I don't know what Gus said to Tega, but to see a 6'5", 300+ lb man look like a whipped dog... makes me hope I never find out. 

19 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I was wondering the same thing

I was hyped to see him. After all the hype he got from camp....I think I saw #99 Spencer Nigh the most and then some JSS #47 but never Jay Jay unless I missed him. I will do my rewatch and breakdown of each play Monday so we will see if no one answers sooner. 

Good game. Disappointed to say the least. I think we blew several wide open opportunities. I can't wait til we are fully healthy. But got dayum.

But I have to credit your team for taking control in the third and into the fourth when it mattered most. 

It is an odd year, perhaps you are a team of destiny. Perhaps we are too.

Best of luck the rest of the way. 

Go Ducks

This is the new "Dyer was down" for Oregon......

Quote from there 247 board

"I think the Ref gave Auburn the win. At the replay, it clearly shows that Bo Nix's knee was down and did not make the first down. The ball should go to Oregon. However, at the official review, the Ref was very generous and moved the ball close to the first down and then measured it. It awarded Auburn the first down instead of turning it over to Oregon. From there Auburn scored the winning TD.

IMO Oregon was ripped off by the Ref."

29 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

He had the false start on what was going to be our 2-pt conversion attempt.

Sidebar- I don't know what Gus said to Tega, but to see a 6'5", 300+ lb man look like a whipped dog... makes me hope I never find out. 

Haha you should be here at the house.......I do the whipped dog walk at least twice a day at 6'5 326.😂

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

This is the new "Dyer was down" for Oregon......

Quote from there 247 board

"I think the Ref gave Auburn the win. At the replay, it clearly shows that Bo Nix's knee was down and did not make the first down. The ball should go to Oregon. However, at the official review, the Ref was very generous and moved the ball close to the first down and then measured it. It awarded Auburn the first down instead of turning it over to Oregon. From there Auburn scored the winning TD.

IMO Oregon was ripped off by the Ref."

I don't think we're going to think about Auburn as much as you think we will. 

Well, maybe this year we will. 

I think the game was pretty well called. There were some terrible spots but they corrected them quickly.

The only true WHAT THE ABSOLUTE F&CK moment for me came when Cristobal took the time out with Herbert sitting a play, then putting him in, then being told that he's not ineligible, then taking another timeout. On 4th & 1, a QB with 0 attempts comes in, Auburn knows what's coming.

I am curious to know what the communication breakdown was between officiating and Cristobal. 

I think that one we Ducks fans will question all year.

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

Nix played better than I expected a freshman to play.  Only one Int was on him...he just missed that throw. 

Hmmm, did we watch the same INTs? One was legit behind his receiver and the other was a under thrown ball to Sal. Anyways, he's a smart kid when it comes to not taking sacks and throwing the ball out of bounds when needed.

3 minutes ago, Stumptown Duck said:

I don't think we're going to think about Auburn as much as you think we will. 

Well, maybe this year we will. 

I think the game was pretty well called. There were some terrible spots but they corrected them quickly.

The only true WHAT THE ABSOLUTE F&CK moment for me came when Cristobal took the time out with Herbert sitting a play, then putting him in, then being told that he's not ineligible, then taking another timeout. On 4th & 1, a QB with 0 attempts comes in, Auburn knows what's coming.

I am curious to know what the communication breakdown was between officiating and Cristobal. 

I think that one we Ducks fans will question all year.

Yea....I was even thinking WTH? 

Two things that our offense could add and make this team very hard to stop:

1. Midline read with Bo. We fake it on some of our play actions already, so it could be coming.

2. The pop pass that literally every team in football runs successfully except us. It's pretty much a gauranteed 12 yards once per drive. 

I’ll admit, I thought we were dead in the water at halftime and especially after we went down 21-6. Credit to the offense, defense, KS and yes even Gus for making the adjustments we needed! We knew Nix wouldn’t be perfect his first time out but he took it like a man and never gave up! Time will tell but Oregon’s defense looked much improved imo 

Best part of this game was that our team played like complete garbage for the entire first quarter. Defense made sound adjustments which was massive and kept us in the game. Offense showed life early but was clear Nix was pressing. Taking out of the run game in the second half was frustrating but maybe that was enough to get him locked back in. He made some great throws during the game which was a great sign. Kid looked like a 5th year senior on that last drive though. Was also nice seeing Gus getting on to folks on the sideline. Wasnt pretty but those are the types of wins that can really catapult us into the season. We got two tune up games to finely tune things and then we start SEC play. Lets get after it!

I was disappointed in our team’s lack of preparation.  The ducks were ready and jumped on us right out of the gate!

I had to calm myself down a few times as I was frustrated with the play calling most of the game.  

The defense took a while to get settled in, but after the first drive of the 2nd half they were lights out!!!

Bo has everything you want in a QB!   That dude is going to be fun to watch for the next 3-4 years!!!  This makes me happy.  

I was impressed with Boobee.  He showed a lot more patience than last year, and he still runs hard!

Our young LBs look good! K.J. and OP are going to be a really nice combo for us!  TWill still doin his thang!

At the end of the day, we got a huge win and a lot of stuff to work on the next 2 weeks!

WAR EAGLE!!!!!

7 hours ago, The Freak said:

Now that I see the "spike" on the last TD, I am not impressed by the call.

Yeah when I picture a spike, I picture the shrink spike. Seth barely raised the ball up. 

8 hours ago, DAG said:

I need this gif

Bo played Ok. Good thing is he will get better.  But the player I was most impressed with was Boobee. . He started off slow as usual, but in the second half he was a stud. I want to go back and review the game and see his yac yards. 

We sat in the Oregon section and they talked junk all night. It was good to be able to reciprocate during the 4th quarter. Despite that, most of them were gracious fans and hugged us after the game. 

I was #teamJoey but Bo made me proud tonight. Excited to see what the future holds for him. 

Boobee was a workhorse for us and was a big reason we won the game. I just sure miss having an electric RB. Let's hope we can see more of them in the next 2 weeks. 

It was also good to see former AU players. I ran into Nosa, Kris Frost, and Josh Holsey. 

9 hours ago, YankeeTiger24 said:

I will give Gus credit. He let his freshman stud actually try and make a play. And it worked!! 

I would argue that Nix never should have tossed that ball when in FG range and a FG wins. It was late and a poor pass that the defender really should have picked off.

I would argue that Seth was the one that “made a play”...  and for that I’m thankful. 

Archived