ESPN's FPI predicts Auburn's remaining games

RunInRed

3 hours ago, AUwarrior said:

How does the FPI list our remaining SOS rank as 17th when we play 4 of our final 7 games against top 10 teams with 2 of them on the road?

This is so ridiculous that it makes me question the validity of everything else they post. Nobody else in the nation will play four of their final 7 games against the top ten. Our remaining SOS has to be #1. We were preseason SOS #1 and the toughest part is still ahead of us. Crazy?

1 hour ago, Bottomfeeder said:

While I do want to win the SECCG, they had our number last time.

Yeah. That was a smartarse response from me. I too wish a different team could win the East. (Whether or not we win the West. #fuga)

I would switch the Georgia and Bama percentages.  I think we get Bama this year.  They are beatable.  I am, however, worried about LSU and Georgia.  I got those two teams in the SECCG.

9 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

To me we’ve got a better chance of beating Bama at home than we do beating LSU in Death Valley. 

That streak has to end eventually and the longer it continues the better chance of it ending.  This will be year 20 correct?

19 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

That streak has to end eventually and the longer it continues the better chance of it ending.  This will be year 20 correct?

Yes. Cigar game of ‘99. 

43 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I believe so. Possibly 21. I think it would be great to end it this year. However this LSU ain’t the typical LSU we are use to. They are scary good and I believe they whoop Bama when those two play. 

4 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

It will be interesting to see how we play vs UF. They may have the best defense on our entire schedule, better than LSU or Bama. IF we can win in Gainesville, I just don't think Death Valley will shake this team. Not that we will be LSU, but this team so far has been up to the challenge of being away from JHS. 

Guess that's possible but I've seen parts of several UF games and frankly there was nothing much other than the "Swamp" that gives me a great deal of concern.   They are like a bunch of rated teams.....won their games but typically against mediocre teams.    I mean, they were fortunate to beat a Kentucky team that got waxed by a 2-2 South Carolina team a couple weeks later.

Sure you can lose to anyone as Clemson almost learned but if AU has it's stuff together this game should never be in doubt. 

11 hours ago, BornAU76 said:

I did see that we were a 6 point dog as well, that was on Sunday monring I believe.  It appears those have been finally updated and they have us a 3 point favorite now...

I also saw on the ESPN app Saturday before the game, they had us as a 6 point dog.  I had a conversation with a friend about it. I was surprised by that spread.   It must not have been an official spread. 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I mean, they were fortunate to beat a Kentucky team that got waxed by a 2-2 South Carolina team a couple weeks later.

Not to mention the beating they received at the hands of the lil pups we just took behind the woodshed.  

5 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

It will be interesting to see how we play vs UF. They may have the best defense on our entire schedule, better than LSU or Bama. IF we can win in Gainesville, I just don't think Death Valley will shake this team. Not that we will be LSU, but this team so far has been up to the challenge of being away from JHS. 

It’s just football to Bo. It’s just a grass pasture with a bunch of spray paint. AU wins in BR

1 hour ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I believe so. Possibly 21. I think it would be great to end it this year. However this LSU ain’t the typical LSU we are use to. They are scary good and I believe they whoop Bama when those two play. 

I agree its not the typical LSU but I am not sold on that offense being as good as advertised. Not only have they not played a good defense yet, 3 of their 4 games have been against horrible defenses. Apart from Texas, who I consider a good for a Big12 defense but only average compared to what we have in the SEC, they have played an FCS, Georgia Southern, and Vandy. Texas is the only top 100 defense they have played.

21 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

after looking at some more involved stats, I must revoke the belief they are/will be the best defense we face. 

Archived