Who will be gone after the 2005 season?

Guest Tigrinum Major

Who will be gone after the 2005 season?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be gone after the 2005 season?

• Courtney Taylor
    • Al Borges
    • Stanley McGlover
    • Tommy Tuberville
    • Anthony Mix
    • David Gibbs
    • Only the seniors
    • Other

Guest Tigrinum Major

Just a question for fun. Some choices are tongue in cheek, folks, so don't get your panties in a wad!

For some reason, I was thinking CT and Anthony Mix would bothe be juniors this fall. Ok, Ok, everyone call me stupid and let's move on.

Yea, I'm votin' for Mix. Can't go wrong with that one. :D

Of the others, I'd guess Courtney Taylor if he keeps progressing the way he has since he's been here. But, we kept CW and RB and I'd say their chances of going were better than most on this list. Get to work CTT and keep em' here at AU.

The fact that Dansby-Dontarius-Carlos Rogers-Carnell-Ronnie etc.... ALL "stayed" for their Senior Year speaks volumes about the type staff and program we have at Auburn. Coach Tuberville has done and is doing a remarkable job. I guess that is why he was voted the BEST Coach in America! (The uaters and corndogs really hate that Fact, so, I enjoy repeating it!) :D

From what I have seen leaving early either happen doesn't, in streaks. With the way Auburn players have been sticking around and improving their draft stock, I wold expect the trend to continue. The underclassmen see it working for thier team mates, therfore that i what they are most likely to do. Players in schools where people leave early see their teamates leave early, and make the big buck, then jump ship. Not to mention I think there are more player with "character" at Auburn than at most schools. I think they all come back (except the seniors of course)!

Much as I hate it, if Brandon Cox comes through and we win 10 or more games next year, CAB is going to have a lot of money waved at him by programs looking for a head coach. He could very well leave in that case, even though he keeps saying how much he loves the Auburn spirit and family.

I'm with the rest (majority so far) of the coolaide drinkers, only the seniors..... <fingers crossed>

:au:

I could see Stanley leaving, he's already pretty well-known, and if he has a great year, I could see him going. But you have to admit we have a stellar track record of keeping the juniors around, so we'll see.

see mcclover is a total stretch to me. thus far in his career, he's a one trick pony. he's a pass rusher, and that's why he didn't start ahead of much less talented guys like bret and doug. until he shows a penchant for making plays against the run, the pass, and against a double team (which he rarely saw last year), i don't think there's even a chance of him leaving.

courtney is the one (as far as players) with the dollar bills in his eyes. i don't think he'll go, but it won't be for lack of interest. he's a man: big, fast, great hands, good after the catch, incredible vertical... he's got every skill to be a first round receiver. he'll be the dansby/caddilac/mcneill of this next year. the guy turning down the first round to stay in school. ronnie and carlos and dontarrius and anthony just turned down the draft. they weren't going to have a shot at being first round guys, two of them probably were borderline first day guys, and one was a late rounds guy.

and yeah, i think borges will get job offers if the offense continues to roll. that will be the guy that i would be least surprised to see leave, but i think he'll stick around. so i just went with seniors.

see mcclover is a total stretch to me. thus far in his career, he's a one trick pony. he's a pass rusher, and that's why he didn't start ahead of much less talented guys like bret and doug. until he shows a penchant for making plays against the run, the pass, and against a double team (which he rarely saw last year), i don't think there's even a chance of him leaving.

158416[/snapback]

Was this your attempt on an intelligent post?

Give me a break.

no that's my attempt at stating a fact. just go back and watch the games if you don't buy it. he'll see it this year, and i think he'll post double digit sacks. but he hasn't gotten the star treatment that david pollack and marcus spears and even reggie torbor saw thus far in his career.

no that's my attempt at stating a fact. just go back and watch the games if you don't buy it. he'll see it this year, and i think he'll post double digit sacks. but he hasn't gotten the star treatment that david pollack and marcus spears and even reggie torbor saw thus far in his career.

158419[/snapback]

Well, the guy sat next to me in Auburn orientation...you better believe I watch him on every play at every game. I can remember many times where he was double teamed, and did well (sec championship game, bama at times, others). I agree, he doesnt have the star hype, but he does have some hype, which is better than none at all.

when i say star treatment, i'm not talking about hype. i'm talking about the constant harrassment that pollack and spears and torbor and ever great dend in the sec gets. mcclover will get get doubled, he'll get chipped by backs, he'll get trapped, teams are going to be completely focused on him and even Q to a lesser extent b/c from the looks of our defensive practices this spring we're going to try to get pressure with just our front four a lot more. we're still going to blitz and attack, but those guys are going to have the pressure to produce without that extra help b/c they have the talent to do so.

he's never seen anything like what's coming this fall. never. mainly b/c he has that hype. teams know who he is. they know what he can do. so they're going to focus on him, and he's got to PROVE he can beat that stuff and still be productive. i have a lot of confidence that he can. that's why i honestly believe he's going to put up double digit sacks this year, but i can easily brush off talk of him leaving early until he actually does it.

Archived