Auburn vs. Samford Game Thread

abw0004

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

We  did it Mikey!!!! We got to your precious 8 wins!!! You can rest easy now!! Lol 

More importantly Gus fulfilled the fine print on his Leath drawn contract. 8 wins and another successful year in the books. Everything else is gravy as they say. 

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

#GUS COACH 4 LIFE

Why does that read more like a prison sentence than what it should mean?

Yes now if we can beat, probably the worst NS coached uat team in the last nine years, having to play their backup QB , that would be cause of great celebration on the plains. This means our idea of success now is not whether we can win or compete for a championship, but rather can we somehow mess up uat’s march to another playoff. My how we have dropped our expectations at Auburn. By all means if we can beat this bad uat team, I am all for giving Gus $75 million and a 10 year contract with 100 % guaranteed. 

The game was extremely wet and got pretty cold.  I don’t blame anyone for not being in their seats.  Was not fun if you didn’t have something to keep your lower half dry (like me).

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yes now if we can beat, probably the worst NS coached uat team in the last nine years, having to play their backup QB , that would be cause of great celebration on the plains. This means our idea of success now is not whether we can win or compete for a championship, but rather can we somehow mess up uat’s march to another playoff. My how we have dropped our expectations at Auburn. By all means if we can beat this bad uat team, I am all for giving Gus $75 million and a 10 year contract with 100 % guaranteed. 

No one gave Auburn a pass in 2015 when our QB was injured/out or in the SEC Championship game when Stidham was inured so we can’t give Alabama the same pass.  Win is a win and a loss is a loss.  

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

No one gave Auburn a pass in 2015 when our QB was injured/out or in the SEC Championship game when Stidham was inured so we can’t give Alabama the same pass.  Win is a win and a loss is a loss.  

Not arguing the win just saying that should not be the crowning moment we expect from the $49 million man. Well really saying that a large group of our fans will accept that as a good year just like 2017 win against uat that didn’t even keep them from winning a Natty. 

15 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

The game was extremely wet and got pretty cold.  I don’t blame anyone for not being in their seats.  Was not fun if you didn’t have something to keep your lower half dry (like me).

They need to allow flasks on days like this (and Ole Miss).  Give the fans a chance to fight the elements from the stadium and not have to retreat to their tailgates.  You don't have to condone it, just don't go out of the way to police it.  Bring back the good old days.  War Eagle.  

6 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

That’s ridiculous. We’re at least going Gator Bowl. 

We'll be what 5th or 6th in the SEC?

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We'll be what 5th or 6th in the SEC?

This actually seems like a year where they put us against someone we can’t remotely handle. Like when an 8 win Auburn was paired with a 10-11 win Oklahoma 

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

This actually seems like a year where they put us against someone we can’t remotely handle. Like when an 8 win Auburn was paired with a 10-11 win Oklahoma 

We’re too good defensively to be blown out, but I really feel like that fact is hurting the long term growth of this program

18 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We’re too good defensively to be blown out, but I really feel like that fact is hurting the long term growth of this program

Would you consider 24-10 a blow out if we had less than 300 yards?

28 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah but when the offense stalls enough the defense eventually caves more and more. 

37 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Do Brown and Davidson even play in some meaningless bowl game? 

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

Would you consider 24-10 a blow out if we had less than 300 yards?

Maybe debilitating and embarrassing but not a blowout. Although public opinion considers the 2015-16 SB a blowout and that’s basically what you just described

7 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I don’t think they should but they already wasted 12 games this season, might as well waste another 

8 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Brown played last season and hadn’t decided yet. Would’ve been a 1st round pick then. I see no reason why he wouldn't do it again. Marlon also does not strike me as one that would want to sit out of any game 

Archived