Chad Morris Hired as OC

ClaytonAU

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well you said it was foolish. How is that being misinterpreted? 

You would expect a PJ Fleck coach team to get beat handily, although you were advocating hardcore for him to be our next coach?  You see how that looks? 

The bottom line is if you are going to call someone out like that at the very least act what you preach

At least Mikey is consistent with his message no matter how much I disagree with it  

My original post is what I was referring to, the post to Loof is where I mentioned *foolish* probably more of a reaction to his over the top rhetoric. 

As for P.J. Fleck, I know you realize he is working with a lot less talent than there is at Auburn.  I do believe it will be a good game and our talent will win in the end.  The man is a motivator and can coach 2*s and beat 4*s in their conference. We take 4*s and lose to equal talent in ours.  I really don’t care how it looks, I like Fleck and believe he would make a great coach here.

If you are so sensitive about being *called out* I’ll try to avoid your posts in the future. Oh, yeah I didn’t even quote you and your pi$$ed off.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

My original post is what I was referring to, the post to Loof is where I mentioned *foolish* probably more of a reaction to his over the top rhetoric. 

As for P.J. Fleck, I know you realize he is working with a lot less talent than there is at Auburn.  I do believe it will be a good game and our talent will win in the end.  The man is a motivator and can coach 2*s and beat 4*s in their conference. We take 4*s and lose to equal talent in ours.  I really don’t care how it looks, I like Fleck and believe he would make a great coach here.

If you are so sensitive about being *called out* I’ll try to avoid your posts in the future.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f115520bde56706a51

Nah, it’s not about being sensitive. You called me out and I responded. You didn’t like the clap back yet you are doing the exact same thing

I have more respect for the guys who say “you know , I just don’t trust the guy who made the hire.”

I think that is more than a fair argument.  What I don’t like is the hypocrisy 

How you can look at CCMs resume as OC and what’s he has done with other QBs and not be excited? Maybe CGM will or won’t give up the play calling but having CCM working with nix and adding schemes to the offense does nothing but help.. I honestly can’t see anything negative about his hire. Honestly never thought CGM would hire someone like this to come in based on his previous hires. 

3 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

How you can look at CCMs resume as OC and what’s he has done with other QBs and not be excited? Maybe CGM will or won’t give up the play calling but having CCM working with nix and adding schemes to the offense does nothing but help.. I honestly can’t see anything negative about his hire. Honestly never thought CGM would hire someone like this to come in based on his previous hires. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f291759d10a554c092e3a

So Gus and Chad are gonna discuss how to run the offense after the bowl game?  I know they are buddies but I hope this doesn’t turn into another cluster.

3 hours ago, AuMarine said:

Well somebody said CCM will be only here for a year so Nix, Auburn, and Gus  only gets his services for one season before he bounces. I’d trade a one year CCM rental for a top 4 finish and chance @ a title ...so hopefully that pans out.

Someone might've said it in this thread or in another, but if we're smart, we'll (namely Kodi) leech some of the concepts Chad introduces, especially in the passing game. That's where this union is going to be made or..broke? 

13 hours ago, DAG said:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f115520bde56706a51

Nah, it’s not about being sensitive. You called me out and I responded. You didn’t like the clap back yet you are doing the exact same thing

I have more respect for the guys who say “you know , I just don’t trust the guy who made the hire.”

I think that is more than a fair argument.  What I don’t like is the hypocrisy 

A massive edit an hour after the original post; I must be living rent free in your head.

On 12/11/2019 at 11:11 AM, LKEEL75 said:

Mr Viper.  I believe that CGM will be calling the plays last year because he has been more involved and more excited about this season than years in the past.  I believe CGM will be calling plays next year because he feels he should do what is natural to him and that is calling the plays.  I believe CGM will be calling plays next year because he is going to succeed or fail on his own accord and not rely on others.

Intetesting opinion given...

(I'm 'skeptical bear' on Malzahn ever fully handing over play calling YET again, but we shall see)

3 things I know, 3 things I think: Who calls the plays?

BY BRANDON MARCELLO 
Dec 11, 2019

Auburn Undercover's Brandon Marcello provides the latest intel and weighs in with his own thoughts on all things Auburn football and basketball in his weekly column, "3 things I know, 3 things I think."

3 things I know

The play-calling arrangement

Gus Malzahn plans to allow newly-hired offensive coordinator Chad Morris to call plays next season, two insiders tell Auburn Undercover. The information came at a bit of a shock to us here. After all, Gus Malzahn proclaimed it was a "mistake" giving up play-calling when he handed it over to Rhett Lashlee in 2015, and continued that trend with Chip Lindsey in 2016 and 2017 (more on that later).

So, why is the Waffle House king apparently waffling about his decision again? He trusts Morris more than any offensive coach he has been around, and that's because of Morris' relationship and respect for Malzahn. After all, Morris credits his success to Malzahn. He practically begged the then-Springdale High coach to sit down with him and share his hurry-up, no-huddle offense during a stretch of several days when the two were budding high school coaches in 2004. Morris was fighting the shadow of Texas high school coaching legend Art Briles and needed something new to make a name of his own. The hurry-up, no-huddle offense provided that reboot in the mid-2000s. Malzahn and Morris became fast friends, and as Malzahn shot up the coaching charts, he helped Morris along the way. He recommended Morris for the offensive coordinator jobs at Tulsa and Clemson. He went as far to tell Dabo Swinney he would regret not hiring Morris.

Things change but, well, I'm rather surprised Malzahn is willing to relinquish game-day and game-planning duties to Morris, even if he trusts him. Even when Malzahn gave up play-calling duties to Lashlee and Lindsey, he was still heavily involved and over-ruled play calls on game days. Heck, it's not much different at any other school with a former OC as the head coach, but will Malzahn stand out of the way more often? Will he follow through with the promise to allow Morris to call plays?

"No way Chad would take the job otherwise," an insider said.

36 minutes ago, Viper said:

"No way Chad would take the job otherwise," an insider said.

:-\  And the "insiders" have never been wrong.  ?

JMO but I will believe it when I see Gus wandering the sidelines with no clipboard and his hands in his pockets....

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

:-\  And the "insiders" have never been wrong.  ?

JMO but I will believe it when I see Gus wandering the sidelines with no clipboard and his hands in his pockets....

Neither will Morris. Does anyone truly believe Morris never wants to be HC again at the P5 level? How is he going to get there by allowing, as @LKEEL75 opined, Gus to continue to handle ALL playcalling?

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

Neither will Morris. Does anyone truly believe Morris never wants to be HC again at the P5 level? How is he going to get there by allowing, as @LKEEL75 opined, Gus to continue to handle ALL playcalling?

They both benefit by leaving it vague as to just who is calling the plays, so making the issue as clear as mud makes perfect sense. 

When they both wear headsets and speak into the mics, the guy calling the plays is whoever you want it to be.   

Typical Gus.  Typical jaba. 

Nothing to see here.  Move along.   

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

They both benefit by leaving it vague as to just who is calling the plays, so making the issue as clear as mud makes perfect sense. 

When they both wear headsets and speak into the mics, the guy calling the plays is whoever you want it to be.   

Nobody benefits when it is vague because it creates divisions in the fan base and has the potential to divide the coaching staff and the team. Just my opinion course but you can have only one boss and the team needs to know who that is.

PS... Chad in the press box and gus on the side line calling the plays.

Man I must have really struck a nerve with you @Viper.  There are probably hundreds of people on this board that have said the same thing yet YOU find it necessary to call me out.  That is great to know.  Best of luck to you and your internet wars.

16 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Well somebody said CCM will be only here for a year so Nix, Auburn, and Gus  only gets his services for one season before he bounces. I’d trade a one year CCM rental for a top 4 finish and chance @ a title ...so hopefully that pans out.

I imagine he will be here longer than a year. I cant imagine him leaving for anything other than a head coaching position and cant imagine he will be a serious contender for that for several years

3 hours ago, AURealist said:

I agree they won’t announce it. It’ll appear as co-playcalling.

Gus tried this with Lashlee until he caved and announced Lashlee had control. But he really never did. Ditto with Lindsey.

I believe Gus’ trust issues will fail again.

2 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Man I must have really struck a nerve with you @Viper.  There are probably hundreds of people on this board that have said the same thing yet YOU find it necessary to call me out.  That is great to know.  Best of luck to you and your internet wars.

There’s a thousand questioners to every hundred of you firmly with Gus calling every play. 

You do realize the chances of Gus calling every single offensive play in 2020 is not a strong play? It’s like betting on Vandy to win the SEC.

The only insider who I really pay attention to is PTB.

He rarely speaks but when he does , he lees it short and sweet. He also Keeps his own personal feelings out of it for the most part. He moves like someone with knowledge.

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2019 at 11:11 AM, LKEEL75 said:

Mr Viper.  I believe that CGM will be calling the plays next year because he has been more involved and more excited about this season than years in the past.  I believe CGM will be calling plays next year because he feels he should do what is natural to him and that is calling the plays.  I believe CGM will be calling plays next year because he is going to succeed or fail on his own accord and not rely on others.

Ouch...

8 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Seriously @Viper.  half the board was saying the same thing and you decide to take 1 person and call them out.

Nope. You were the only one boldly predicting it... OUCH...

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, Viper said:

Nope. You were the only one boldly predicting it... OUCH...

giphy.gif

Imagine that. Viper is still Viper.

We enjoyed the brief period of you not being a giant douche.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Imagine that. Viper is still Viper.

We enjoyed the brief period of you not being a giant douche.

Sorry. Didn’t mean to offend. Thought this (and our recent discussion) was debating football topics. My apologies. 

Archived