Chad Morris to have full control

Maverick.AU

As long as Gus has the backing of the powers at be, 8 to 9 is all we're gonna see. As for Chad having full control of the offense, I'll believe it when I swe a whole season without seeing Malzahn's hand prints all over the offense.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Please tell me you're not resigned to an 8 or 9 win 2020 season in what should be one of the best opportunities since that last time Gus wasted a great opportunity to win the West!?!?!?!?!  Please tell me you're not there already ?????????  Before Spring training?  We only have 3 games next year.  LSU looses 15 starters and a once in a generation QB.  Alabama either 12 or 13 and the best QB they've had since Stabler.   GA, same....if we can't expect to win this year; it ain't gonna happen.  

I trust those teams to reload, I trust Gus to once again be rebuilding. The anchors of our D are gone, we'll have an entire Oline playing together for the 1st time.  Those are obstacles in AUs way even if CM gets full control of the offense and we see some improvement.

If not...

Bo has to hope he'll get 8 seconds in the pocket for crazy long developing routes. RBs will have to develop some super human traits as they will be ran directly into 9 man boxes. 

45 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Please tell me you're not resigned to an 8 or 9 win 2020 season in what should be one of the best opportunities since that last time Gus wasted a great opportunity to win the West!?!?!?!?!  Please tell me you're not there already ?????????  Before Spring training?  We only have 3 games next year.  LSU looses 15 starters and a once in a generation QB.  Alabama either 12 or 13 and the best QB they've had since Stabler.   GA, same....if we can't expect to win this year; it ain't gonna happen.  

Well said. I think Gus knows 2020 is the year he has to at least make it to the final four. He can’t use the excuse of a tough schedule or a true freshman QB anymore 

14 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Well said. I think Gus knows 2020 is the year he has to at least make it to the final four. He can’t use the excuse of a tough schedule or a true freshman QB anymore 

We will go 9-4, whiff in a "meh" bowl, it will then be 2021, time for Gus to start calling plays again.      The Circle of Life.

1 hour ago, Mims44 said:

I trust those teams to reload, I trust Gus to once again be rebuilding. The anchors of our D are gone, we'll have an entire Oline playing together for the 1st time.  Those are obstacles in AUs way even if CM gets full control of the offense and we see some improvement.

If not...

Bo has to hope he'll get 8 seconds in the pocket for crazy long developing routes. RBs will have to develop some super human traits as they will be ran directly into 9 man boxes. 

This may be the most forlorn post by an Auburn fan....ever...there is no hope.  

10806455_10205649072852048_3077761325247

24 minutes ago, japantiger said:

This may be the most forlorn post by an Auburn fan....ever...there is no hope.  

10806455_10205649072852048_3077761325247

It almost physically hurts me to type it.

:lol: 

On 1/21/2020 at 3:24 PM, AuburnTiger4Life said:

The salty arky fans in the replies is hilarious. I don’t know why they act like that program wasn’t complete s*** before Morris got there 

its everywhere, I dont understand it. You'd think Chad tanked FSU or LSU or something. This is a program that doesnt have a title in most of their fans lives 

On 1/24/2020 at 2:07 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

its everywhere, I dont understand it. You'd think Chad tanked FSU or LSU or something. This is a program that doesnt have a title in most of their fans lives 

1989 SWC

On 1/24/2020 at 2:07 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

While Arkie was not very talented they were certainly talented enough to score more than 20 and 19 points against Portland State and Western Kentucky which is certainly squarely on Morris shoulders.

2 hours ago, Carnell said:

While Arkie was not very talented they were certainly talented enough to score more than 20 and 19 points against Portland State and Western Kentucky which is certainly squarely on Morris shoulders.

alright so they went from middling to horrible. What's the ceiling on that program, 10 wins with 2 blowout losses against the other 2 good SEC West teams in the early 2010s? Like I said, this isnt FSU. They should be upset, they shouldnt be coming at this guy's neck every single day when he got released like 4 months ago lol 

Just saw JC’s repot on 247 about new OL coach. I tend to agree with his thoughts. Bricknell was not a ordinary coach hire for Gus. On defense Gus has let KS hire his choice and those have went well. But all offensive coach hires Up til now have had to be Gus’s choices.  All past offensive  hires had to have some association with Gus or a new coach without much background. I feel all of this had to do with Gus wanting full control of the offense. So this truely looks to be a Chad choice and if so that’s a good start for Gus. Now I hear he doesn’t even plan to be in the offensive meeting room just like he is not in the defensive room either. Not giving him a full pass yet, but he does seem to be headed in the right direction. If he can accomplish this he might actually keep his job going forward.

4 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Just saw JC’s repot on 247 about new OL coach. I tend to agree with his thoughts. Bricknell was not a ordinary coach hire for Gus. On defense Gus has let KS hire his choice and those have went well. But all offensive coach hires Up til now have had to be Gus’s choices.  All past offensive  hires had to have some association with Gus or a new coach without much background. I feel all of this had to do with Gus wanting full control of the offense. So this truely looks to be a Chad choice and if so that’s a good start for Gus. Now I hear he doesn’t even plan to be in the offensive meeting room just like he is not in the defensive room either. Not giving him a full pass yet, but he does seem to be headed in the right direction. If he can accomplish this he might actually keep his job going forward.

This is. Very. ENCOURAGING! This means, no matter what we're privy to or what may or may not have happened, the seat discussion got very, very hot. That is all I personally want...conscious awareness of the consequences of not adapting...and a higher accountability to need to. 

On 1/25/2020 at 8:36 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

alright so they went from middling to horrible. What's the ceiling on that program, 10 wins with 2 blowout losses against the other 2 good SEC West teams in the early 2010s? Like I said, this isnt FSU. They should be upset, they shouldnt be coming at this guy's neck every single day when he got released like 4 months ago lol 

I saw it well explained on a Hog Board.

Gus, just to spite Arkansas, was responsible for aiding Morris in getting the Arkansas job. This was done by Gus to tear down the Hog Empire. Not only did he do that, he did it with a guy born in Texas, went to school at aTm, a past conference foe that was responsible for all the cheating and hating that went against Arkansas (due to Texas favoritism). Not to mention all the favoritism that was shown for the state of Texas over Arkansas. He even had winning seasons at SMU, another old conference foe from that state of Texas that viewed Arkansas as the second class citizens that they are.

This is all about Gus leaving Arkansas and joining forces with Texas to destroy the hogs. All major hog issues tie back to the state of Texas.

7 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I saw it well explained on a Hog Board.

Gus, just to spite Arkansas, was responsible for aiding Morris in getting the Arkansas job. This was done by Gus to tear down the Hog Empire. Not only did he do that, he did it with a guy born in Texas, went to school at aTm, a past conference foe that was responsible for all the cheating and hating that went against Arkansas (due to Texas favoritism). Not to mention all the favoritism that was shown for the state of Texas over Arkansas. He even had winning seasons at SMU, another old conference foe from that state of Texas that viewed Arkansas as the second class citizens that they are.

This is all about Gus leaving Arkansas and joining forces with Texas to destroy the hogs. All major hog issues tie back to the state of Texas.

And I thought Trump derangement syndrone was bad.  This Hogs Derangement Syndrone is a whole 'nutha level of crazy.  

17 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

This is. Very. ENCOURAGING! This means, no matter what we're privy to or what may or may not have happened, the seat discussion got very, very hot. That is all I personally want...conscious awareness of the consequences of not adapting...and a higher accountability to need to. 

At one level, I can see how you could be "encouraged" that the hot seat discussion must have gotten thru.  On another level...sort of the $50m level; how is it possible that it has taken this long?  Does he really lack self awareness on that cosmically grand scale that it only now has sunk in?  And do you really think this guy is worth "teaching" how to be the 5th highest paid coach in the game; basically how to be what we paid him to be in the 1st place...because that is what all this amounts to.  He is someone who is 1) breathtakingly overpaid; 2) completely lacking in self awareness and 3) who is a poor judge of coaching talent 4) and in the most basic skills and character traits that make you successful for the job he is being paid for and 5) who has now (after 7 years) finally awakened to his vacuousness and6)  it's all gonna magically fall into place now?  Sorry Tora, I'm an optimist too...I always look for the pony...but in this case, there is only a pile.  

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

At one level, I can see how you could be "encouraged" that the hot seat discussion must have gotten thru.  On another level...sort of the $50m level; how is it possible that it has taken this long?  Does he really lack self awareness on that cosmically grand scale that it only now has sunk in?  And do you really think this guy is worth "teaching" how to be the 5th highest paid coach in the game; basically how to be what we paid him to be in the 1st place...because that is what all this amounts to.  He is someone who is 1) breathtakingly overpaid; 2) completely lacking in self awareness and 3) who is a poor judge of coaching talent 4) and in the most basic skills and character traits that make you successful for the job he is being paid for and 5) who has now (after 7 years) finally awakened to his vacuousness and6)  it's all gonna magically fall into place now?  Sorry Tora, I'm an optimist too...I always look for the pony...but in this case, there is only a pile.  

Honey, you preaching to the choir. I know. I see. Worst of all, I REMEMBER. I remember way more than I wish I did in life, cursed and blessed. 

I can't decide what's worse... what is, or the perception that there's no enforced accountability about what is. Saw a small, miniscule glimmer of "something maybe."  I don't live and die by their follow-through. To everything there is a season, so let it unfold.

giphy (3).gif

5 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

There's a Hog Empire?   Who knew?😏

Why, there is indeed. The former Harrodsburg Hogs, from Harrodsburg, Kentucky. where I taught middle and elementary school from 1990-94, had this perfectly delightful cheer that I could never bring myself to rant....

"H-O-G-I-T-U-P....

Hog It Up for You and Me!

Hoggggggg it up! 

We're gonna hog it up!

Hoggggggg it up! 

We're gonna hog it up!"

The motions. The motions. You just wouldn't want to know. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm certain the Hogs of "Arkansas University" need this one in their repertoire. 

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

dgfdgf.gif

dfssdf.gif

19 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

And counting to four I hope. 

giphy (4).gif

Archived