College Game Day coming to Auburn

WarTiger

Someone asks what Gus could learn from Bruce in another post. Here is my short answer . Salesmanship . Bruce is a great on the court coach. He runs a great program but even above that he is the greatest salesmen I’ve seen. He sells a winning attitude to the players . He sales a chance to succeed to recruits.,He sells a true spirit of team to the students and fans. He sells the need for capital and support to the Administration. He sells the thought “Why not Auburn” to the world. He is infectious in his love for Auburn. Not just basketball but all things Auburn. He has created a whole new image to us Auburn families and to the county as a whole. That’s what I want Gus to do with football. To use  a phrase from Marshall “ We are Auburn” and we are here to stay. When you do that recruits come your way. Players believe in the system and want to be a part of it. Students and other fans want to also be a part of it. Bruce has done it for basketball. Now let’s see the same for all our sports men and women’s programs. 

Let’s beat Kentucky today. WDE

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

The way we have been playing recently, I'd agree with them.  

I think it will be a blow out.

Getting my grill ready to eat crow this afternoon, i hope.

2 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Someone asks what Gus could learn from Bruce in another post. Here is my short answer . Salesmanship . Bruce is a great on the court coach. He runs a great program but even above that he is the greatest salesmen I’ve seen. He sells a winning attitude to the players . He sales a chance to succeed to recruits.,He sells a true spirit of team to the students and fans. He sells the need for capital and support to the Administration. He sells the thought “Why not Auburn” to the world. He is infectious in his love for Auburn. Not just basketball but all things Auburn. He has created a whole new image to us Auburn families and to the county as a whole. That’s what I want Gus to do with football. To use  a phrase from Marshall “ We are Auburn” and we are here to stay. When you do that recruits come your way. Players believe in the system and want to be a part of it. Students and other fans want to also be a part of it. Bruce has done it for basketball. Now let’s see the same for all our sports men and women’s programs. 

Let’s beat Kentucky today. WDE

That’s what Gus is missing and I don’t think he will ever get it.  I guess he thought when he came to Auburn the place would sell itself.  I just don’t think he will ever be the salesman that Bruce is.  It just not his nature.  

1 hour ago, weagl1 said:

That’s what Gus is missing and I don’t think he will ever get it.  I guess he thought when he came to Auburn the place would sell itself.  I just don’t think he will ever be the salesman that Bruce is.  It just not his nature.  

Bruce is in that rare 1% when it comes to being a showman, entertainer and personality.

Is there better basketball coaches xs and os wise than Bruce? yah. Sure. But is it there really any other coach in the country who could of turned our atrocious bball program which is probably the worst sec program all time historically in to this!?!? Doubt it!!!  He is the most perfect coach for our situation.

Finally got around to watching it during my slow times at work ... not impressed with the fact that they talked so much about the KY players. Unless I missed something, I don't think they mentioned one Auburn player by name, not even Okoro. I get that Kentucky is Kentucky and they have the best talent but to not even talk about the Auburn players who will be trying to defend Kentucky seemed weird to me. Oh well, still a really cool thing to happen at Auburn for basketball.

21 hours ago, weagl1 said:

Honestly, I can’t think of too many coaches (football, basketball or otherwise) that have what BP has. It can’t be manufactured. You either have it or you don’t.  I was not a Jacobs fan but I will always give him credit for this one.

Archived