Softball vs Zona St.

• ellitor changed the title to Softball vs Zona St.

Bad loss; run ruled 13-0. I watched on Flo Softball. Would be hard pressed to give passing grade to any area of our game.  Excuse spelling I was trying to watch on computer and type on Kindle.  

8 hours ago, fishepa said:

We used to be good at softball.  What has Mickey done?

Nothing impressive to date. It's a sport with a lot of transferring and players moving around so it shouldn't take years upon years to build a team. We've lost a lot more than we've gained through the transfer setup. By year three, Butch Thompson had a baseball team with a 43-23 record that lost in the last game of the NCAA super regionals. This season will be Dean's third year. Hope springs eternal, but I don't see this year's team in the supers.

Now, about being good in softball, we were good for the few seasons when Clint Meyers was coaching. Before that we were very mediocre and as soon as Clint left we've returned to the same ol' same ol'. For the good of the team I hope Dean turns it around but I'm not optimistic. 

Lots of differential going from playing UNCW at home to playing Ariz. St. out there.  A shock like jumping into icy water.  Takes a while to acclimate.  Not at all srprised wee lost, but a bit surprised it was this bad.  I think their pitcher is Madi Preston, who left Alabama because she couldn't play there. 

Season is still early and there are a lot of games left. And it is dang near impossible to win if you don't hit the ball and play defense. Errors and lack of hitting are beating us in the big games. Pitching is there and struggled today. All 3 of them.

Archived