2021 5* PF Jabari Smith Signs With AU! (Update 11/17/20)

ellitor

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

A 6'10" big man who can is versatile enough to play C, PF, SF and quick enough to defend SG on top of it is a huge get. If Thor comes back next years we have two mismatches whether they play C, PF or SF and can go real big with Stretch or Caldwell at Center. Usually when teams go big they have to slow it down but off of these big men can run with Cooper pushing the ball and Powell or Cambridge at SG we would be a very scary team and we have some real quality players behind all of these guys.

I am stoked. I already thought that this years team was going to be better than most think because I believe Pearl has found quality players that seem to have bought into his system.  If Cambridge, Powell, and Flanagan can provide some consistent outside shooting this years team will be good and with addition of Jabari Smith next years team will be great.

I think Powell will be able to help out at PG I am in a wait and see on Turbo. 

Our big rotation in 2021 is going to be just ridiculous lol. JT and Jabari can do literally anything on the court. Jaylin and Stretch are supposed to be pretty solid stretchers but are these hyper athletic rim runners off the pick. Dylan SHOULD be an ace matchup for those bigger guys that Wiley was able to mitigate. I dunno man, you got a PG whos been loosely compared to Chris Paul in court vision and stature with at least two sharp shooters and a stable of elite big men

IDK how we dont whoop ass all 2021

3 hours ago, fredst said:

Yes

Those suck no doubt but your post made it out to be a catastrophic week which I don't see it as.

Yes yes yes!! This could be a treat right here. We’ve had some great talent come through the last couple years in Okeke and Okoro. And Thor may have that kind of upside. But I don’t know that we’ve had a talent like Jabari play at auburn. Sounds like he is really sold on playing for Bruce and Auburn so hopefully that helps when the g-league comes calling. 

Finally some good for Auburn...after the other kid committed to bama, loosing to Georgia, and the kid entering the portal this week for football, things weren't going well...lets end the week beating Arkansas...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Those suck no doubt but your post made it out to be a catastrophic week which I don't see it as.

Sorry....the ongoing, slow-rolling disaster of the Malzahn era in football has almost broken my spirit. Thank goodness for....BBBBBRRRRRUUUUUCCCCCEEEE!!!!! LFG!!!!! WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

By the way. In case y'all did not know Jabari Smith JR pops Jabari Smith SR is already a Auburn legend. He has been in a famous Auburn sports highlight for the past 20 years that circulates every basketball season! lol. WHEN CHRIS PORTER ABSOLUTELY POSTERIZED HIM AND STOLE HIS SOUL OUT FROM HIS BODY!!!! hahahah. YUUUUUUP THat is SMITH SR Number 52. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

• Love 2

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Don't know if this has already been posted, but any chance he reclassifies for this year?

Considering that he's talking about how this commitment frees him up to try to win a state championship for his high school team, I'd say probably not.

Look someone needs to send a smoke flare up for those of us who were withering away in the football forum!!! HOLY SH...... Let’s freaking Gooooo!!!

BRUUUUCE!!!!!!!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Considering that he's talking about how this commitment frees him up to try to win a state championship for his high school team, I'd say probably not.

You never know-maybe he wins the championship while guiding AU to the Final Four.  It's beautiful.

1 minute ago, War to the Eagle said:

You never know-maybe he wins the championship while guiding AU to the Final Four.  It's beautiful.

Not to be the rain-on-your-parade realist, but he mentioned his high school team and a STATE championship...

We already got one stretch 4 who reclassified from 2021 to 2020 (and if memory serves me, Thor was in the top 10 when he was ranked for 2021, too). Let's not complain about the other one not being able to reclassify.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Love 1