Conservative pundits blame a grab bag of supposed villains amid the coronavirus outbreak

homersapien

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

He did call it a hoax. And was very wrong to do so. Much like Obama calling ISIS the ‘junior varsity’ right before they ignited a long standing terror campaign of immense violence, death, and destruction. In our two party system, both sides do some good things and bad things, and demonstrate great leadership and terrible leadership. And both sides spend way too much time trying to take all the credit for the good and lay all of the blame for the bad on the other side. And round and round we go. 

There is absolutely no equivalence between Trump and Obama, no matter how many mistake the latter made, and he made quite a few.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reality: 
China lied to the world, even to the point of jailing their lead scientist on COVID_19. China let this get away and actually watched as the good DR died.But it is not their fault. It is DJT's fault. Even as other European Countries show they are in far worse shape, we are told that everything the Administration is doing is wrong. Even the $$ that is proposed, being held up by Democrats so far, is the Administrations fault. 

Trump was criticized for stopping air travel by the same Dems that criticize him for not doing enough. The Dems only care about one thing and that is winning the WH and will do or say anything, LIKE THEY HAVE FOR 3 PLUS YEARS. The same folks that have basically lost all of their integrity screaming wildly like a bunch of shitgibbons for three plus years want the American Public, that has long since learned to ignore them, to listen to them once more. They lied to the American Public about  Russians!!!!!!!!!!!! Russians!!!!!!!!!!!! Russians!!!!!!!!!!!!, Collusion!!!!!!!!!! Collusion!!!!!!!!!! Collusion!!!!!!!!!! Impeachment!!!!! Impeachment!!!!! Impeachment!!!!! every single time screaming "We got him now!!!" and failing wildly to take him out. Tried to tell yall since he won to beat him at the ballot box. Yall have done nothing but make yourselves look like shitgibbons and toss your credibility on the trash heap. Now, when you need people to believe you, all that credibility is gone. 

Is the Administration doing a perfect job? No. No one would expect them to be perfect. But so far, compared to other countries, Italy and the UK, and arguably the rest of Europe too we arent doing too bad. Sitting here on this forum and denying facts is not doing anything but showing just how silly they are. 

I dont like nor support Trump, but dammit, can yall at least stay in the real world?

22 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I dont like nor support Trump, but dammit, can yall at least stay in the real world?

You could have left this statement off, as some posters will not even see it or acknowledge it.

44 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Trump was criticized for stopping air travel by the same Dems that criticize him for not doing enough. The Dems only care about one thing and that is winning the WH and will do or say anything, LIKE THEY HAVE FOR 3 PLUS YEARS. The same folks that have basically lost all of their integrity screaming wildly like a bunch of shitgibbons for three plus years want the American Public, that has long since learned to ignore them, to listen to them once more. They lied to the American Public about  Russians!!!!!!!!!!!! Russians!!!!!!!!!!!! Russians!!!!!!!!!!!!, Collusion!!!!!!!!!! Collusion!!!!!!!!!! Collusion!!!!!!!!!! Impeachment!!!!! Impeachment!!!!! Impeachment!!!!! every single time screaming "We got him now!!!" and failing wildly to take him out. Tried to tell yall since he won to beat him at the ballot box. Yall have done nothing but make yourselves look like shitgibbons and toss you credibility on the trash heap. Now, when

Wow.  Mueller lied to the American public in his report??    Hell, I didn't even know he was a Democrat.

As far as Trump cutting off airtravel from China in late January, yes that was a good - but lucky - move.  It bought us about 2 to 3 weeks (at best) in additional response time.

Which begs the question, what did Trump do with that additional time?

He squandered it by downplaying or dismissing the threat.  He did this because of the political threat to the stock market and economy.   (While other Republicans who knew better were selling their stocks).

Trump didn't block Chinese flights because he actually understood the significance or utility of doing so.  He undoubtedly blocked the flights because it fit perfectly with his xenophobic political strategies.  He saw other countries doing it because of the virus and recognized an immediate and jumped on it. He didn't even understand why it was a good thing to do.   Otherwise, he wouldn't have spent the next few weeks engaging in counter-productive rhetoric which essentially nullified the advantage of the embargo. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/18/us/trump-coronavirus-statements-timeline.html

Trump is not someone who thinks long term about anything. Nor does he understand science or scientific issues, and has no desire to do so.  It's all about him and his political future.

3 hours ago, alexava said:

“Criticism of his administration’s response “ can’t even be a hoax. Either he or you don’t know what a hoax is. It’s effing real. 

You can lead a horse to water, a dog faced pony soldier? Probably not. 

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Seriously?    :lmao:

That's self-ridiculing.

You sir are potentially the oldest dog faced pony soldier on the forum. Congrats?

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

There is absolutely no equivalence between Trump and Obama, no matter how many mistake the latter made, and he made quite a few.

Ugh, so 

A. They were/are both President

B. I think your problem is evident

16 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You could have left this statement off, as some posters will not even see it or acknowledge it.

You got me there. 

22 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Ugh, so 

A. They were/are both President

B. I think your problem is evident

But one is a narcissistic psychopathic con man, the other isn't.

Your mindless cluelessness is what is evident, in virtually every post you make.

Rand Paul has tested positive for the virus, and is apparently asymptomatic. 

On 3/21/2020 at 12:31 PM, homersapien said:

As far as Trump cutting off airtravel from China in late January, yes that was a good - but lucky - move.  It bought us about 2 to 3 weeks (at best) in additional response time.

Which begs the question, what did Trump do with that additional time?

He squandered it by downplaying or dismissing the threat.  He did this because of the political threat to the stock market and economy.   (While other Republicans who knew better were selling their stocks).

Trump didn't block Chinese flights because he actually understood the significance or utility of doing so.  He undoubtedly blocked the flights because it fit perfectly with his xenophobic political strategies.  He saw other countries doing it because of the virus and recognized an immediate and jumped on it. He didn't even understand why it was a good thing to do.   Otherwise, he wouldn't have spent the next few weeks engaging in counter-productive rhetoric which essentially nullified the advantage of the embargo. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/18/us/trump-coronavirus-statements-timeline.html

Trump is not someone who thinks long term about anything. Nor does he understand science or scientific issues, and has no desire to do so.  It's all about him and his political future.

I rest my case...<smdh>

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

Rand Paul has tested positive for the virus, and is apparently asymptomatic. 

Which is why we should be implementing he South Korean method of mass testing of everyone. We need to have pop up test facilities everywhere and it takes 7 minutes for people to get the results. 

15 hours ago, channonc said:

Which is why we should be implementing he South Korean method of mass testing of everyone. We need to have pop up test facilities everywhere and it takes 7 minutes for people to get the results. 

I guess the ROI didn't look great a couple months ago. No profit motive, no testing. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I guess the ROI didn't look great a couple months ago. No profit motive, no testing. 

Profit motive should not be a driving factor for public health decisions (I know you aren't suggesting they should be).

2 minutes ago, channonc said:

Profit motive should not be a driving factor for public health decisions (I know you aren't suggesting they should be).

Health care in this country is a business run by business people and not doctors or scientists. One of those things I've always known but that is now coming into sharp focus for me on a personal level. 

On 3/21/2020 at 11:28 AM, homersapien said:

We agree on something! Trump is pro-America while Obama is anti-America. No equivalence at all.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Health care in this country is a business run by business people and not doctors or scientists. One of those things I've always known but that is now coming into sharp focus for me on a personal level. 

Italy has a single payer health care system.

26 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Italy has a single payer health care system.

Also not run by doctors or scientists.  Think you missed his point.

11 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Correct again. And thanks, I don't see certain responses. 

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

We agree on something! Trump is pro-America while Obama is anti-America. No equivalence at all.

Seriously?

No rational person would say that.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Again, a symptom of single payer, correct?

31 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Again, a symptom of single payer, correct?

Nope.  The point he was making is that neither single payer or for profit insurance has doctors or scientists running the show.  It's not a political stance he's making.  It's an ethical one based in science.

51 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Nope.  The point he was making is that neither single payer or for profit insurance has doctors or scientists running the show.  It's not a political stance he's making.  It's an ethical one based in science.

Thanks again and, sorry. 

And there is an obvious and correct counterpoint that doctors and scientists aren't necessarily qualified to run large organizations. But as you said, the ethical divide can be large- okay, so you didn't say that exactly, but my argument is indeed ethical in nature- and I am seeing first hand that healthcare administrators are making choices that are not based on what's best in terms of protecting the well being of their communities. That is often true under normal circumstances, but not typically on a macro level such as this. They are applying ordinary thinking to an extraordinary situation. 

Archived