A list of the buildings damaged, looted in Minneapolis and St. Paul

Auburn85

On 5/30/2020 at 11:16 PM, autigeremt said:

Coming to a city near you. I doubt a lot of this is BLM. ANTIFA loves to stir this stuff up. They could care less about George Floyd. 

I am angry as hell about what those officers did. I’ve worked in Public Safety most of my life (fire, law enforcement and EMS) and it makes me sick! 

Score!!!! I got a dislike from the Dislike King himself. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Score!!!! I got a dislike from the Dislike King himself. 

He’s probably been busy with the task I gave him. 

My wife's cousin out in California had her salon looted and completely destroyed last night in the riots and protesting.

6 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

My wife's cousin out in California had her salon looted and completely destroyed last night in the riots and protesting.

I can’t see putting up with that s***. The videos I’ve seen today show nearly as many white folks as black doing this. I hate Trump. I blame some of this on him. But he told governors to get tougher on these idiots and I agree with him on that. 

7 minutes ago, alexava said:

I can’t see putting up with that s***. The videos I’ve seen today show nearly as many white folks as black doing this. I hate Trump. I blame some of this on him. But he told governors to get tougher on these idiots and I agree with him on that. 

The problem is that you know he's not telling them to be selective and make sure they're "getting tough" on the actual criminals. He's telling them to "get tough" on anyone on TV making it look like our country is in exactly the shape we are in.

For every image of looting or burning, there is an image of cops singling out non-violent protesters or even college kids just trying to drive home and committing violence against them. The message was already out there. Make the protests go away. 

But yes. Much or maybe even most of the damage is being done by people who showed up from out of town to exacerbate tensions on both sides. There is a community that wants a full on race war. And now you've got people in the suburbs loading guns and just waiting for "thugs from the city" to show up. I'm sure they'll be very discriminate about which brown people they do and do not shoot.

Trump would have a teeny weeny hard-on for this if he thought it would help him get re-elected. And I assure you that he is doing everything he can to leverage this into expanded executive powers and to appeal to his base. 

Jesus, man. He's tweeting the word "thugs" in call caps. Don't fall for this.

47 minutes ago, alexava said:

No word on who did the damage. And it really doesn't matter white or black, it is wrong to destroy someone's livelihood.

35 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The problem is that you know he's not telling them to be selective and make sure they're "getting tough" on the actual criminals. He's telling them to "get tough" on anyone on TV making it look like our country is in exactly the shape we are in.

For every image of looting or burning, there is an image of cops singling out non-violent protesters or even college kids just trying to drive home and committing violence against them. The message was already out there. Make the protests go away. 

But yes. Much or maybe even most of the damage is being done by people who showed up from out of town to exacerbate tensions on both sides. There is a community that wants a full on race war. And now you've got people in the suburbs loading guns and just waiting for "thugs from the city" to show up. I'm sure they'll be very discriminate about which brown people they do and do not shoot.

Trump would have a teeny weeny hard-on for this if he thought it would help him get re-elected. And I assure you that he is doing everything he can to leverage this into expanded executive powers and to appeal to his base. 

Frankly it is probably the media as much as any community that wants a race war. They need to be showing more of the peaceful protests and the images where law enforcement have joined hands with the protestors to show solidarity. But that doesn't get them the ratings that showing burning buildings and businesses getting looted or officers trying to maintain control in protests. I am sure that even the best intended officer is on edge now wondering if he will be attacked. 

And Trump does need to lay off Twitter, but the people infiltrating and turning the peaceful protests into riots or looting and stealing are thugs. And he's not the first president to call rioter thugs. Hell the bad cops are just as much a thug too.

10 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

No word on who did the damage. And it really doesn't matter white or black, it is wrong to destroy someone's livelihood.

Most of the original destruction I've seen on video around the country is coming from white "men". 

6 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Most of the original destruction I've seen on video around the country is coming from white "men". 

The videos I have seen have been about 50/50. I am curious as to the pallets of bricks that are supposedly being placed strategically. Have you seen if that is really true or not?

8 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

More than ever, I think it's important to try to get information from as many sources as possible. There's so much bad happening, that it's easy to fall into a hole where one part of the story dominates what you see, whether it's people of any specific race looting and damaging, visuals of police responding to protests of excessive force with excessive force, or obvious plants in otherwise peaceful protests trying to rile people up.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

You arrest whoever you need to to quell the riots. You announce that the curfew will be enforced then you aggressively enforce it. People are still going to be raising hell. You have to walk the walk. To days of this in the news and it’s over.  

3 minutes ago, alexava said:

You arrest whoever you need to to quell the riots. You announce that the curfew will be enforced then you aggressively enforce it. People are still going to be raising hell. You have to walk the walk. To days of this in the news and it’s over.  

That's what they've been doing and journalists have been getting their eyes shot out with rubber bullets. It's not working. It's only making things worse just like it always does. Not only that, but it is feeding into exactly what the bad actors are trying to accomplish.

And those are just the tangible results. The optics of these militarized cops marching down the street make things significantly worse, as well. Remember, this is all in response to police brutality. Responding with more police brutality isn't the way.

The inevitable conclusion when the cops escalate the violence. Trump's rhetoric, shared here I guess, may or may not save property but it will definitely cost more innocent lives.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/my-son-didn-t-hurt-nobody-david-mcatee-louisville-business-owner-killed-by-authorities/ar-BB14TbAU

I don’t think most cops are trying to escalate the violence. It’s a lose/lose situation. Both sides are on edge now, it won’t take much for things to turn south though. 

57 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's what they've been doing and journalists have been getting their eyes shot out with rubber bullets. It's not working. It's only making things worse just like it always does. Not only that, but it is feeding into exactly what the bad actors are trying to accomplish.

And those are just the tangible results. The optics of these militarized cops marching down the street make things significantly worse, as well. Remember, this is all in response to police brutality. Responding with more police brutality isn't the way.

That’s not what they have been doing. You have to literally start mowing people down. You can’t just sit back and hope they quit destroying the country. Let it be known after curfew you could very well be shot and there will be no investigation. So get off this effing streets now. It looks like the Middle East right now. 

9 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I took MoPac yesterday to get where I was going just to avoid 35 for that very reason.   Believe TXDOT actually waved certain tolls yesterday to encourage use and keep people away from there.

Good Lord I don't miss Austin traffic. 

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

This getting facepalmed is hilariously telling. How sad.

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Good Lord I don't miss Austin traffic. 

I heard it got better when you weren't on the streets!! JK

I hate my half day. Takes two hours for me to get to work. COVID did make travel in the city much easier lol.

16 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I heard it got better when you weren't on the streets!! JK

I hate my half day. Takes two hours for me to get to work. COVID did make travel in the city much easier lol.

Riverside to 183 has always been hell

33 minutes ago, alexava said:

That’s not what they have been doing. You have to literally start mowing people down. You can’t just sit back and hope they quit destroying the country. Let it be known after curfew you could very well be shot and there will be no investigation. So get off this effing streets now. It looks like the Middle East right now. 

I'm really sorry that that's how you look at this. 

You are advocating for more of what got us here. 

42 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This getting facepalmed is hilariously telling. How sad.

Par for the course with him. 

Welp. POTUS just had peaceful protestors teargassed for a photo op and to justify exactly what you're asking for. He's threatening to deploy the military against US citizens. Christ Almighty. I know some of you psychos are eating this s*** up but we are well and truly ******.

Oh, and those of you who laughed at @homersapienfor suggesting that this a**hole might try not to honor election results, I hope you're cleaning all those guns that you've been collecting to defend yourselves against a tyrannical government.

Archived