players meeting to discuss ways to affect change

aubiefifty

29 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I hope my fellow Auburn fans can remember the important idea that we can disagree and still be friends. Please read my entire post or don't read it all. Partially reading it will likely lead to a misunderstanding. 

That is critical I think.  You can have a discussion and still be civil.  No need to resort to name calling if one does not agree with you.  I hope some take that to heart.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't see how this is not political or will jump down that rabbit hole at warp speed so moving it to the political forum. If I'm wrong another Mod or admin feel free to move it back.

We're talking about the entire football team. 

Also, if they'd done something most people around here agreed with, nobody would have a problem with it being political.

Another test to see just how much this really is a "family" and just how much "fans" care about these players. And there's a big stack of Fs on the teacher's desk.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We're talking about the entire football team. 

Also, if they'd done something most people around here agreed with, nobody would have a problem with it being political.

Another test to see just how much this really is a "family" and just how much "fans" care about these players. And there's a big stack of Fs on the teacher's desk.

I can't see where anyone has said anything negative about or indicated they didn't care about the players. Just disagreement. Families do it all the time.

1 minute ago, TigerTale said:

I can't see where anyone has said anything negative about or indicated they didn't care about the players. Just disagreement. Families do it all the time.

Hah. Yeah. 

10 hours ago, CMRVHS said:

I'm not sure of your meaning of your post autigeremt. I'm pretty sure a Venn diagram has "Black Lives Matter" encompassed within the "All Lives Matter" bubble, similar to "Save the rain forrest" is encompassed by the "save all forrest" bubble. Saying you support the inner bubble doesn't mean you don't support the entire bubble, just that it might need some extra attention at the moment.

WDE

It's not what I support here! It's what it looks like. Trust me......this isn't going to be a good thing. 

11 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Too late. AUFamily on Facebook decided to promote Black Lives Matter tonight. It’s over now. It’s been a lot of fun but Auburn football is now heading down the path of division. Society is too lazy to address issues as they come and emotions are now ahead of thought and purposeful action. 

Funny how it's the side you don't agree with always doing the dividing. 

The logic of a petulant child.

I will not share my opinion on this.

But as stated the BLM movement/organization is not about Black Lives. 

I would bet my last penny there is not a man or woman on this forum that  refuses to support any person or player associated with Auburn or this football team, regardless of race or religion.   

The media and people in the street have conflated the BLM movement with the moral issues of today.     Mob justice is anarchy and chaos influences votes.   problems are solved in organized fashions.  

11 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Too late. AUFamily on Facebook decided to promote Black Lives Matter tonight. It’s over now. It’s been a lot of fun but Auburn football is now heading down the path of division. Society is too lazy to address issues as they come and emotions are now ahead of thought and purposeful action. 

I posted this article. take it up with me. Why blame the fam? the point is it is part of football news that effects our beloved football team. and i for one appreciate that the aufam mods do not censure stuff unless it is nasty. you knew when you read the title what the article was probably about. you have the choice not to read it. and i am sorry you feel like you cannot support our kids now. looks like they were right when they said people love them on the football field but not off the field. People want to take away one of their basic human rights in this country to speak out. and yes they have that right. i am all for freedom of speech and i have never been one to like narrow worlds.................

1 minute ago, Beaker said:

I will not share my opinion on this.

But as stated the BLM movement/organization is not about Black Lives. 

I would bet my last penny there is not a man or woman on this forum that  refuses to support any person or player associated with Auburn or this football team, regardless of race or religion.   

The media and people in the street have conflated the BLM movement with the moral issues of today.     Mob justice is anarchy and chaos influences votes.   problems are solved in organized fashions.  

Well, thanks for not sharing your opinion on the thing that the thread is about but sharing you opinions on other things. :roflol:

@Zeek, well it looks like people are already disregarding your post and resorting to name calling if disagreed with.  It was worth a shot.

10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

@Zeek, well it looks like people are already disregarding your post and resorting to name calling if disagreed with.  It was worth a shot.

Unfortunately it's like Thanos

iaminevitable.gif

7 hours ago, Rednilla said:

So resisting arrest (while not fighting against the officers) is grounds to be shot 7 times? Really?!?

Two points:

1) He resisted arrest, fought and broke away from the officers and was reaching for a weapon under the front seat of his car. The shooting was justified. I suggest that you watch the video.

2) The number of shots is immaterial. They shoot until the target is immobilized. Sometimes one shot does it, sometimes it takes seven and sometimes more than seven. If you don't want to get shot at all, obey the police. If you only want to get shot once, go down as soon as you're hit. If you prefer to get shot a bunch of times, keep going for your weapon.

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Was he resisting arrest (and what for) or refusing to get on the ground spread eagle simply for being black?

No.

Read some more. Look at the video of the incident. He wasn't trying to get into the car, he was reaching for something that was on the floor/under the front seat.

2 hours ago, TigerTale said:

This is where te rub is often seen. Many of us believe that black lives matter, but don't won't anything at all to do with the actual BLM organization. I am able to understand that the two don't equate. However, I don't know the intentions of others.

If many of the young men speaking about BLM do not even know a think about the group, it would be very helpful for them to learn about the organization and decide if their values line up with the values of that group.

But let me tell you why that sounds crazy . Many of these young men don’t need a group to validate their feelings! This group , who may or may not be ran by a multi race of individuals cannot tell a black person how they should feel.  Nor should a black person have to differentiate what is it is like being black in America to make you feel comfortable. Instead , why don’t the people listen to the individuals speaking and not associate them with any type of group. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I don't see how this is not political or will jump down that rabbit hole at warp speed so moving it to the political forum. If I'm wrong another Mod or admin feel free to move it back.

It’s not political because if you don’t open your freaking mouth or wear it around your neck, a person has no clue where your political beliefs align. Whether the men are wearing an auburn helmet or not, they are still black. This does not disappear just because you are wearing a damn auburn jersey. 

42 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I posted this article. take it up with me. Why blame the fam? the point is it is part of football news that effects our beloved football team. and i for one appreciate that the aufam mods do not censure stuff unless it is nasty. you knew when you read the title what the article was probably about. you have the choice not to read it. and i am sorry you feel like you cannot support our kids now. looks like they were right when they said people love them on the football field but not off the field. People want to take away one of their basic human rights in this country to speak out. and yes they have that right. i am all for freedom of speech and i have never been one to like narrow worlds.................

It should have stayed in the main forum. I'm disappointed that some dumb crap about a bad restaurant remains there but a very important issue to our entire football team can't. 

21 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No.

Read some more. Look at the video of the incident. He wasn't trying to get into the car, he was reaching for something that was on the floor/under the front seat.

If that’s what the evidence shows it will likely be ruled justifiable. I watched the video and couldn’t clearly discern all of that. Was he being arrested, or questioned? Did the cops identify him and determine he had outstanding warrants? If not for the warrants, why was he being arrested? These are important questions and in my opinion the types of questions the Police should address immediately after an incident. Failure to do so leads to speculation and becomes inflammatory. 
One last point, then I’ll give you the last word. The same PD that shot a guy 7 times for maybe reaching for a knife, rolled right past the clearly armed 17 year old white kid who had just shot someone, and didn’t so much as stop to say hello. Reports are that the kid even stated to the cops that he just shot someone while they were responding to shots fired. Yet he wasn’t arrested until the next day. That kind of double standard is increasingly hard to explain. 

i still say it IS about our football team and none of the senior mods online moved it. why not do it like it has always been done? if it gets out of hand lock the thread? people deserve to know what is happening regardless which side of the ball they fall on it. most folks will not read it now as it takes a rare breed to post on the pol boards. el you do some great things but i disagree with this one

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I watched the video and couldn’t clearly discern all of that.

It's impossible to discern that from the video. Anyone who suggests that it's clear he was reaching for a weapon based only on what they saw in the video is just making things up. It's possible that subsequent information has come out based on what the cops claim they saw or found ("found") in the car after the fact, but no, there was no weapon in the video. 

Agendas gonna agenda. 

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

If that’s what the evidence shows it will likely be ruled justifiable. I watched the video and couldn’t clearly discern all of that. Was he being arrested, or questioned? Did the cops identify him and determine he had outstanding warrants? If not for the warrants, why was he being arrested? These are important questions and in my opinion the types of questions the Police should address immediately after an incident. Failure to do so leads to speculation and becomes inflammatory.
One last point, the I’ll give you the last word. The same PD that shot a guy 7 times for maybe reaching for a knife, rolled right past the clearly armed 17 year old white kid who had just shot someone, and didn’t so much as stop to say hello. Reports are that the kid even stated to the cops that he just shot someone, yet he wasn’t arrested until the next day. That kind of double standard is increasingly hard to explain. 

Why the police are keeping the information so close to the vest is a serious question. Maybe they have their reasons but I agree with you about making the information public. The information should be available. Whether that would quell the riots or not is another question. I doubt that it would but that's my personal opinion.

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i still say it IS about our football team and none of the senior mods online moved it. why not do it like it has always been done? if it gets out of hand lock the thread? people deserve to know what is happening regardless which side of the ball they fall on it. most folks will not read it now as it takes a rare breed to post on the pol boards. el you do some great things but i disagree with this one

It’s crazy to me. There are bigger things than football right now. I believe that was what UK football team was trying to get across. That is also what these professional athletes have been trying to get across. So they peacefully protested in a manner to get people to at least pay attention and people still are mad or trying to run away from it smh. These be the same folks saying “why are you destroying things (which I don’t condone)?! Can’t you peacefully protest.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Nobody has disregarded his post. If they are thinking like me, they probably just don’t want to waste their  time respond to it, as it is clear he has made his position known. I know for me, I am not engaging myself anymore with people who pick and choose. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s crazy to me. There are bigger things than football right now. I believe that was what UK football team was trying to get across. That is also what these professional athletes have been trying to get across. So they peacefully protested in a manner to get people to at least pay attention and people still are mad or trying to run away from it smh. These be the same folks saying “why are you destroying things (which I don’t condone)?! Can’t you peacefully protest.

i could not believe some of the comments on the rant talking trash about kentucky players by kentucky fans. the painful truth is fans want blacks to know their roll. they want black robots. and folks have trashed every other type of protest blacks have tried. so while i do not like violence i do understand it. hell i never liked cap because he made fun of cam but he had every right to do what he did by law in this country. they tried peaceful and many are still trying peaceful. like it or not the right to protest is as sacred as owning a gun or being allowed to worship whatever god you believe in.

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i could not believe some of the comments on the rant talking trash about kentucky players by kentucky fans. the painful truth is fans want blacks to know their roll. they want black robots. and folks have trashed every other type of protest blacks have tried. so while i do not like violence i do understand it. hell i never liked cap because he made fun of cam but he had every right to do what he did by law in this country. they tried peaceful and many are still trying peaceful. like it or not the right to protest is as sacred as owning a gun or being allowed to worship whatever god you believe in.

main-qimg-bf391dc5541007560365017aad1a08

Edit: "Why won't these professional athletes do something about the problem rather than just protesting??"

TRIrCv3.png

the sad truth is we live in a racist world.

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Nobody has disregarded his post. If they are thinking like me, they probably just don’t want to waste their  time respond to it, as it is clear he has made his position known. I know for me, I am not engaging myself anymore with people who pick and choose. 

I wasn't referring to Zeek's entire post.  I was referring to his portion of having a discussion respectfully and not resorting to name calling or degrading.  It is fine to disagree.  I welcome it.  But there is a way to go about it.  I guess this sentiment does not matter now as it is in the political sub-forum, but if it were in the football sub-forum it would be something to strive for a little better.

Archived