2021 Recruiting Board (Finished 5/19/21)

Zeek

20 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Had some pretty obvious sarcasm there.  I was trying to figure out if it was a transfer or maybe even a HS recruit.

You keep having to tell people that. Maybe ask yourself why?

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You keep having to tell people that. Maybe ask yourself why?

ppl here can't understand basic message board banter and way too serious?  Dude how I replied to liked the post, so clearly the guy I was having a convo with didn't take offense...just others

40 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Had some pretty obvious sarcasm there.  I was trying to figure out if it was a transfer or maybe even a HS recruit.

Ok. I mistook “sarcasm” for “a**hole”, lol

Edited by fredst
  • Haha 5

Just now, fredst said:

Very thin line

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Very thin line

Tru dat. Hard to recognize sometimes in text or on a message board (and I think I’m pretty good being a hardcore smarta** myself)

Edited by fredst

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

ppl here can't understand basic message board banter and way too serious?  Dude how I replied to liked the post, so clearly the guy I was having a convo with didn't take offense...just others

7 minutes ago, fredst said:

"If you go to a party and there aren't any a-holes there..."

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

"If you go to a party and there aren't any a-holes there..."

I always liked this one:

If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole.
Raylan Givens Justified
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

47 minutes ago, fredst said:

I think I’m pretty good being a hardcore smarta** myself)

No thinking about it......................

• Love 1

I'm fairly confident we have two more spots in this 2021 class left. After that, spots start rolling to 2022.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'm fairly confident we have two more spots in this 2021 class left. After that, spots start rolling to 2022.

Has something come up?  I thought all along, everyone was saying we had 3 more transfer spots.  UAB Kid, FCS DB should be two.  Any idea where people are saying the 4th spot is coming from?

Would be nice if we got a spot for a kid leaving in the same class he came in, but I hadn't seen that.

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Has something come up?  I thought all along, everyone was saying we had 3 more transfer spots.  UAB Kid, FCS DB should be two.  Any idea where people are saying the 4th spot is coming from?

Would be nice if we got a spot for a kid leaving in the same class he came in, but I hadn't seen that.

It was 3 spots left before Knighten committed. Maybe I'm missing something but we get 25 spots and Oscar Chapman is the only one I know rolled over from last year's class.

Edited by Zeek

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It was 3 spots left before Knighten committed. Maybe I'm missing something but we get 25 spots and Oscar Chapman is the only one I know rolled over from last year's class.

Is the db from Virginia (can’t remember)with two years left counted. Is that Knighten.

Edited by toddc

On 9/18/2020 at 1:12 PM, Zeek said:

The plan now is to fill all 25 spots and add some transfers that will count against the 2022 class as well.

Here are our current commits/signees:

Quarterback

• 4* Dematrius Davis | 6'0" 200 lbs. | Houston, TX | #219 Nationally
    • Listed as 5'10.5" on 246 but 6'0" on Auburn's roster so I went with AU's listing

Running Back

• 3* Jarquez Hunter | 5'10" 190 lbs. | Philadelphia, MS | #707 Nationally

Wide Receiver

• 3* Hal Presley | 6'3" 190 lbs. | Arlington, TX | #380 Nationally
  • 3* Tar'varish Dawson | 5'10" 175 lbs. | Lehigh Acres, FL | #375 Nationally
    • It is worth noting Dawson is listed as an athlete and could play either DB or WR but our staff views him as a slot-receiver

Tight End

• 3* Landen King | 6'5" 220 lbs. | Humble, TX | #590 Nationally
    • Really is built like a large WR but has been adding mass according to beat writers

Offensive Tackle

• 3* Garner Langlo | 6'7" 270 lbs. | Ocala, FL | #631 Nationally
    • 247 has him listed as an OG but at 6'7" I'd be absolutely amazed if he's not slid outside. You don't see a lot of guards that tall.
  • 3* Colby Smith | 6'7" 315 lbs. | West End, NC | #622 Nationally

Offensive Guard

• None currently

Center

• None currently

Defensive Tackle

• 4* Lee Hunter | 6'5" 292 lbs. | Eight Mile, AL | #76 Nationally
  • 4* Marquis Robinson | 6'3" 300 lbs. | Milton, FL | #326 Nationally
  • 3* Ian Matthews | 6'5" 290 lbs. | Columbus, GA | #671 Nationally
  • Former 3* Tony Fair | 6'3" 255 lbs. | transferring from UAB | has one year remaining to play

Defensive End / Edge

• 4* Dylan Brooks | 6'5" 250 lbs. | Roanoke, AL | #76 Nationally
  • 3* Tobechi Okoli | 6'5" 255 lbs. | Kansas City, MO | #523 Nationally
  • Former 3* Andrew Leota | 6'3" 220 lbs. | transferring from Northwestern | has three years to play

Linebacker

• Former 3* Joko Willis | 6'3" 215 lbs. | transferring from Independence Community College | has four years to play

Safety

• 4* Ahmari Harvey | 5'11" 171 lbs. | Tallahassee, FL | #211 Nationally
  • 3* Juwon Gaston | 5'11" 187 lbs. | Montgomery, AL | #623 Nationally
  • 3* Cayden Bridges | 6'2" 192 lbs. | Magee, MS | #150 at his position
  • S | Bydarrius Knighten | Southeast Missouri State transfer | 6'0" 200 lbs | 1 year to play

Cornerback

• Former 4* Dreshun Miller | 6'2" 192 lbs. | transferring from West Virginia | has two years to play though he claims to want to be 1-and-done
  • 3* Armani Diamond | 5'11" 171 lbs | Eight Mile, AL | #116 at his position

Oscar Chapman - counts against this class

Kamal Hadden - he signed with the 2021 class and has transferred but he still counts against our total

We're currently sitting at 23 new players counting against the 2021 class leaving 2 spots remaining in the 2021 class. The plan is to add more transfers than we have spots with some counting against the 2022 class. Below are some of our transfer prospects we're either pursuing, evaluating, or shown interest in pursuing.

• QB | TJ Finley | LSU | 6'6" 250 lbs | 4 years to play, announcing the last week of May
  • QB | Kevin Doyle | Arizona | 6'4" 210 lbs | 3 years to play after redshirting one year, opting out a year, and serving as a backup another year
  • RB | Jordan Ingram | Central Michigan | 6'1" 195 lbs | 4 years to play waiting on him to finish coursework
  • LB | Ke'shun Brown | Texas A&M | 6'1" 230 lbs | 4 years to play waiting on an offer
  • DE | Marcus Harris | Kansas | 6'2" 280 lbs | 4 years to play after redshirting and then playing this past season | Announces Friday (May 21st)
  • S | Donovan Kaufman | Vanderbilt | 5'10" 197 lbs | 4 years to play after appearing in two games last season | Announces Wednesday (May 19th)
  • OG | Dillan Gibbons | Notre Dame | 6'4" 294 lbs | committed to FSU

We are still in the hunt for OTs and a WR but no names have leaked

Updated to the best of my knowledge

I bet Coach Harsin and his very experienced staff know exactly how many scholarships we have left and which ones count towards 2021 and 2022. As long as they get it right, I’m good. WDE 🦅 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

Is the db from Virginia (can’t remember)with two years left counted. Is that Knighten.

West Virginia (Dreshun Miller) and yes.

Someone on 247 says that Grant Calcaterra might be the other one counting against this class since he technically signed... ugh

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Ok, I thought it was 3 total before Knighten & Fair committed & we had 1 left.  Sounds like that should be the Vandy DB.

Hopefully I was wrong & we still have 1 more for the 2021 class.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Ok, I thought it was 3 total before Knighten & Fair committed & we had 1 left.  Sounds like that should be the Vandy DB.

Hopefully I was wrong & we still have 1 more for the 2021 class.

Yeah 1 left and Kaufman is announcing some time tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yeah 1 left and Kaufman is announcing some time tomorrow.

So then I was right.  I'm so confused.  haha.

We have 1 left for Kaufman on Wednesday, then everyone else has to go do the '22 class.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

So then I was right.  I'm so confused.  haha.

We have 1 left for Kaufman on Wednesday, then everyone else has to go do the '22 class.

You are correct lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will he still count against our class? If so, that’s dumb. 

Also, with the rise of transfers, do we think they’ll make any rule where you can bring in a set number of guys not counting against the 25 limit depending on how many your school has had transfer out? To me, that would make sense. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

that would make sense. 

That’s why the NCAA won’t do it! 😝 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Extremely

• Like 1

19 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

do we think they’ll make any rule where you can bring in a set number of guys not counting against the 25 limit depending on how many your school has had transfer out?

Can you imagine how many Saban could process under that rule?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Also, with the rise of transfers, do we think they’ll make any rule where you can bring in a set number of guys not counting against the 25 limit depending on how many your school has had transfer out? To me, that would make sense. 

He enrolled and everything. It sucks but it's to keep coaches from over-signing and then "processing" out a bunch of players.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

He enrolled and everything. It sucks but it's to keep coaches from over-signing and then "processing" out a bunch of players.

Seems like some allowance could/should be made if the kid decides to transfer out himself. Losing a scholly  on a guy that barely had a cup of coffee in Auburn seems silly, even for the NCAA

• Like 1