Kentucky Post-game Thread

tbone1430

For the first time in I can’t remember how long I didn’t know what offensive play we were going to run next. Let’s take a step forward and beat thUGA! War Eagle!! 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree on the offense, if the ol gels they have a chance to be scary. D they grew up. The fact that we have Steele is a godsend. He put his D in a great position in the second half and they responded. If things work out I think we can have a good season

Defense down two defensive line starters and still played a great second half! Hope Shivers and Stove are okay.

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Just looking at Bo’s 14 games at Auburn. 3 interceptions vs. Florida and 1 against LSU. That is quite remarkable taking care of the ball. 😊

didnt he have 2 against Oregon? but either way, your point is very valid, that he does a good job of ensuring the other team doesnt get the ball. Terry needed to do the same 

Better offensive game plan still would have like using TE's more. Seth Williams is a stud. O-line did ok on pass blocking but did not do well on run blocking. Nix was better than last year but still has room to improve. I saw Nix left a solid pocket at least twice instead of looking for receivers but I also saw him scramble keep plays alive and find receivers. O-Line will get better with Reps together. Our DB's played really well our LB's had a pretty good game but will also get better. We had trouble keeping an eye on backs out of backfield again need more reps. D-Line was gashed in1st half but played a very solid second half especially Truesdale. 

They mentioned that we never had the same 5 starters 2 weeks in a row on O-Line which makes me feel better about this O-Line. Over all considering we did not have spring practice and had so many new starters and played a solid veteran team in Kentucky. I am pleased with this team. Next week will be a real test. I think we can beat Georgia but will have to play better than this week.  Nix was better but on a couple of slants receivers had to slow down or stop to catch the pass.  If we could hit one of our super fast receivers on a slant I think you would see them take it to the house.

5 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I don't need a link to hogville to laugh at Arkansas fans. The last two words in that sentence are all I need.

Even before chad. Hogville is a site I look at regularly. It’s pure comedy 

My thoughts:

Proud of the win. Game went exactly as I expected....close at the half and AU score twice late to put it away ( i predicted 34-13 ). 

Defense made adjustments as always.

OL needs to get alot better.

Worm and Tank look the best so far. I enjoyed Tank trucking the guy on the return.

Seth Williams may be the best all around WR in the league.

Bo looked much improved on his accuracy. He still bails early but I did see him step up a few times which is more than he did all of last year. Accuracy was on point. Probably half of his incompletions were throw aways.

Flash needs more touches but we honestly only ran 57 plays but still

Defensive Line will get better. We were down a healthy Big Kat so he was ineffective, Jay Hardy, Daniel Foster Allen, and Derik HAll second half. TD Moultry going Offsides still urks me. Dayum man its the same thing for 4 years straight.

I would have liked to see MAR. 

Best part....I can definitely tell this is Chad's Offense. If we can get better each week I like our chances this year. 

I'm going to be a little melodramatic and selfish. It shouldn't matter but I'm just glad we won in the first game I've had to watch without my my being here AND in the game honoring coach Pat Dye.

I needed this win today and I'm glad we didn't give them a garbage time touchdown at the end.

This is clearly Chad's offense. He clearly called the plays and they were new ones for sure. With that being said, he's not perfect and I'm sure the system is far from fully installed.

Regardless, we're finally seeing Seth used correctly. We finally saw Schwartz and Stove catch passes on real non-gimmick routes (and something other than a speed sweep.

Blocking has to improve but that is to be guessed with 4 new starters. Defense stepped up HUGE after the first half.

Bo looks better when we're getting the ball out quick. Made some big time throws. Needs to dance less and get north/south on scrambles.

Shivers looked thicker and even tougher. Run blocking wasn't there though. We looked like we've had a lot of guys missing time at practice. 

Archived