Kentucky Post-game Thread

tbone1430

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

I’m not adamant against DJ, and think he could have his times, but this is what I was saying all game

I think Tank should be the lead back as we try testing guys out, just bc we already know how DJ looks like behind a bad run blocking OL. Tank looked the best going up the middle, if I'm remembering the names on the jerseys right. Regardless of it being Chad's O, Gus is gonna need his HB dive

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think Tank should be the lead back as we try testing guys out, just bc we already know how DJ looks like behind a bad run blocking OL. Tank looked the best going up the middle, if I'm remembering the names on the jerseys right. Regardless of it being Chad's O, Gus is gonna need his HB dive

Tank looked better than DJ to me and u have a guy like shivers that is a home run threat any time he touches it, I just think that’s a good combo 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

He had 400 yards last year as a freshmen with 4.8 yards per carry. Fix the run blocking before judging any of the RBs. Plus we didn't even see MAR.

Not disagreeing with you, but Im pretty sure that YPC drops severely when you take out his two really long runs. After that LSU game he would take a step back the LOS and get tackled very very often

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

After seeing both UGA and LSU, I got to say, we seem to be ahead of the curve.

Amen. We were a little meh with our 1st half struggles but seeing these other games, it makes me feel better

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Tank looked better than DJ to me and u have a guy like shivers that is a home run threat any time he touches it, I just think that’s a good combo 

I like MAR more than Tank, in that role. Part of it is the exclusively off tackle role didnt work for Shivers for 99% of the offense last year. Part of it is IF (if) MAR is what they say he is, he should be able to read whether to take the inside/outside better than our other returners could. I don't think either have proven to have that ability

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I like MAR more than Tank, in that role. Part of it is the exclusively off tackle role didnt work for Shivers for 99% of the offense last year. Part of it is IF (if) MAR is what they say he is, he should be able to read whether to take the inside/outside better than our other returners could. I don't think either have proven to have that ability

I’m personally not putting any stock into somebody that hasn’t played a down yet. But I’m hoping he lives up to what’s been said, Bc the hype is there. Shaun was solid on his touches, almost 5 yards a carry even with the stuff on 3rd and 1. 

CGM doing his best Pat Dye impression was great!

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

He’s much slower compared to tank and Shaun, not hating on him, but there were plays that were run with DJ in the game, had it been somebody like Shaun, it could’ve been the difference in extending a drive. Not saying he can’t be effective but today Shaun and tank looked like the better RBs

Tank had 6 carries for 15 yards. If Bo is our leading rusher it's not a good game of run-blocking.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Tank had 6 carries for 15 yards. If Bo is our leading rusher it's not a good game of run-blocking.

I agree on that, however I just think he seemed to have more burst and I liked his power. Again, I’m not hating on DJ, that’s just my opinion 

11 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Not disagreeing with you, but Im pretty sure that YPC drops severely when you take out his two really long runs. After that LSU game he would take a step back the LOS and get tackled very very often

I get what you're saying but if we're looking statistically that becomes a huge discussion. Then you have to take out some of Worms' big runs to be fair. Same with Tank, take out his longest run (only 6 yards) and his average looks even worse. 

I'm only defending DJ because the tweet mentioned was saying he should NEVER see the field again. That's incredibly dramatic. All of our backs are good... our blocking blows.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I agree on that, however I just think he seemed to have more burst and I liked his power. Again, I’m not hating on DJ, that’s just my opinion 

Out of likes to give you a positive affirmation of understanding where you're coming from so... 👍

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Out of likes to give you a positive affirmation of understanding where you're coming from so... 👍

Out of likes as well, all good my friend 👍

3 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Sheesh, I don’t see how u can have this take after the second half adjustments

2nd half adjustments what.  We scored on 2 short drives in the 2nd half we could not sustain a drive. I will admit we made some good adjustments on the defensive side of the ball but on they did have two turnovers which did not help their cause.  

Just a double handful of observations--

1. Glad to see the D step it up despite being short a couple of important guys
2. Seth Williams is the MAN at WR!!! Awesome! And Stove was hot, and give that man Schwarz the ball!
3.I thought we would see the TE used more in the passing game, but maybe that will come next week.
4. The OL did a credible job on pass blocking, but definitely need to work on run blocking.
5. Tutt had a great game. Britt can hit. But what were those off-sides jumps about?
6. Shivers is #1 but who is next up? DJ didn't impress and Tank is raw. Will MAR bring some special heat?
7. This was UKY without their All-World RB. As Barkley pointed out, UKY is warm up, UGA is the real test.
8. No matter how much he's supposedly improved, Bo is still Bo. Less than 60% completions, still throwing off his back foot, still leaving the pocket prematurely. But I like the CCM offense that keeps Bo (mostly) in the pocket and actually realizes that there is a MIDDLE of the field.
9. As per D, when your opponent's top receivers average >10 yards per catch, um...... work needed.
10. A win is a win is a win, and way better than the betting line.

WDE! Good game Tigers! Good home win.

Added #11. We need more Auburn cheer leaders in masks.

1 minute ago, Carnell said:

2nd half adjustments what.  We scored on 2 short drives in the 2nd half we could not sustain a drive. I will admit we made some good adjustments on the defensive side of the ball but on they did have two turnovers which did not help their cause.  

Your entire comment was focused on the defense. Don’t shift the goalposts. The D answered the call in the second half

I know the OL is being mentioned needing to get better...but this was the first game in 45 years that we were changing our OL personnel during the game and not when it was out of reach...With so many playing, the coaches will have 'film' to review and begin working to have a good 1st team line... 

We only gave up about 1.5 per carry in the second half which isn’t too shabby. We also have a lot of new faces in the secondary, so I think we’re gonna get there.

Archived