Kentucky Post-game Thread

tbone1430

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I think our defense did very well considering how short-handed we were on the DL for today.  Kentucky’s OL and DL are one of the best we will face all year.  With the win we should have confidence moving forward that we can handle the schedule.  Just focus and clean up the mistakes.  Need Big Kat to heal up.  War Eagle!

Observations

Guys smoke Monday and Sherwood look like LBs. fantastic players 

newkirk has legs for arms . Played great.

bo managed the game. 

pegues ( Big Boy 89) is going to hurt someone 

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Observations

Guys smoke Monday and Sherwood look like LBs. fantastic players 

newkirk has legs for arms . Played great.

bo managed the game. 

pegues ( Big Boy 89) is going to hurt someone 

Smokes speed worries me just a touch, but get him lined up on a guy and I think he played very well

Here are my superlatives for the game:

Coaching staff- Seems Chad was in control so hats off to Gus and Chad called a good game. Kevin Steele did his thing at the half as always. Love that guy

Seth Williams- MVP of the game. Best WR in the league. FEEEEED HIM

Bo Nix- Threw some absolute dimes and looked much better. Still improvement to make but I like it so far.

Secondary- I think our secondary is going to be really good. I have said since offseason that it will be an upgraded unit in terms of sheer talent...just need reps together. I also thought J. Simpson played really well. 

Tutt- Balled out. HE is a gamer

Britt- did his thing as always. Got mixed up in passing game some and didnt pick up RB but played well

Owen Pappoe- FREAK. 

RB room- no fumbles

WR- no horrible drops - I think the drop on the screen from Flash was the only one IIRC

Stove- looked really good. Sure hands and looks like he gained a step. 

Newkirk- I like the way he played. Shows a lot of promise

29 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

At least have to admire the one poster that said he'd wait to see the Hogs offense before commenting.

8 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Here are my superlatives for the game:

Coaching staff- Seems Chad was in control so hats off to Gus and Chad called a good game. Kevin Steele did his thing at the half as always. Love that guy

Seth Williams- MVP of the game. Best WR in the league. FEEEEED HIM

Bo Nix- Threw some absolute dimes and looked much better. Still improvement to make but I like it so far.

Secondary- I think our secondary is going to be really good. I have said since offseason that it will be an upgraded unit in terms of sheer talent...just need reps together. I also thought J. Simpson played really well. 

Tutt- Balled out. HE is a gamer

Britt- did his thing as always. Got mixed up in passing game some and didnt pick up RB but played well

Owen Pappoe- FREAK. 

RB room- no fumbles

WR- no horrible drops - I think the drop on the screen from Flash was the only one IIRC

Stove- looked really good. Sure hands and looks like he gained a step. 

Newkirk- I like the way he played. Shows a lot of promise

Like the  way newkirk played as well, also was impressed with wooden, thought he played well too. Was actually impressed with our rush but if teams can consistently get away with grabbing our necks/around our backs, ugh

7 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Apparently we were watching different games.

Correct. Like we won . Our QB looked pretty decent . Sure there are things to work on, but in his first game, against a UK team many of the pundits had winning over us, I think he did well.

Lets see how the piggies do against UGA.

Happy this team pulled together and managed to pull out the win.  Close early, but both sides were more in rhythm late. 

Bo's passing looked a bit sharper overall today.  He still dropped his eyes a couple of times and stopped looking downfield a bit early, but honestly he did seem somewhat improved. I'm optimistic about his future.

New O-line has a lot of room for improvement in the run game. Not many real holes, which made life hard on our RBs. Mostly kept the pocket clean, which is nice, but did fail to pick up the occasional man.  Performed about as expected.

Shaun and Tank ran HARD.  Really appreciate their toughness - they fought for the yards they gained.  Can't wait to see more of them and want MAR to get a chance too.

Wideouts looked solid.  Seth is just a monster.  Best WR I have seen at AU.  Good routes, great hands, and just refuses to give an inch.  He doesn't just want to have a better day than the DB, he wants to destroy the DB on every play.  I love it.

Offense overall looked a bit better than the last few years.  Passing game does seem improved - we actually threw routes besides WR screens and go routes! Need to develop a run game before feeling good about things, though.  My greatest concern is that we have exactly one effective play in the red zone, and it's call 'Seth Williams Jump Ball'.  Really not much else worth respecting.

D-backs were spectacular.  Unbelievable coverage.  Simpson looked the part, not just McCreary and Tutt.

LBs had a few significant misfits and did not always contain well.  I was disappointed in them overall.  KJ was less effective than I expected.  Still hits like a truck though.

D-line was the surprise weak point of the team.  We clearly have taken a major step back without Derrick and Marlon.  Rush defense seems to have gone backwards, and there was less consistent pressure. 

Just now, DAG said:

Correct. Like we won . Our QB looked pretty decent . Sure there are things to work on, but in his first game, against a UK team many of the pundits had winning over us, I think he did well.

Lets see how the piggies do against UGA.

Just looking at the “skeleton” of chad’s offense vs Gus, it brings so much more to the table 

17 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Second half was really encouraging. 

Glad to see the final score. I'm at work today, saw the halftime score and read a few posts. Got a little discouraged but the final score difference was about what I expected. Sounds like the D figured things out. Glad to read that people think Morris was calling the O. War Eagle! 

21 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

At the end of the day this team honored coach dye with the 60 minutes. They played 60 minutes, that’s forsure

That they did. They didn’t always look great, but the effort was there.

12 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:
36 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Apparently we were watching different games.

Poor disgruntled little suckling's, LOL!

18 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Smokes speed worries me just a touch, but get him lined up on a guy and I think he played very well

Your correct . Maybe he needs to move to the LB core or more into the box for run support . He is very physical . 

High school game plan, kentucky running backs ran straight at our linebackers and pushed the them back 2 and 3 yards lousy strength and conditioning.  This team is 5-5 at best.

1 minute ago, Carnell said:

High school game plan, kentucky running backs ran straight at our linebackers and pushed the them back 2 and 3 yards lousy strength and conditioning.  This team is 5-5 at best.

Sheesh, I don’t see how u can have this take after the second half adjustments

6 minutes ago, Carnell said:

You really took time to say this? If this is how you feel then turn the TV off and go do something more productive with your time. 

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

Seth looked like an NFL wr out there. I will say he needs to be careful with the celebrations though. 

This and post play talking. Dude is talented as all get out but he can’t let his emotions hinder him, or the team

Archived