The first debate

TitanTiger

33 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m guessing you’re saying that Biden actually social distancing, like people in this country should be doing, if we ever want to be allowed in a sports venue again, as possibly being seen as hiding in a bunker?

No, social distancing and being stowed away in a basement are quite different. 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bigbird said:

"Being stowed away in a basement"?   :rolleyes:

You mean like "working from home"?

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

So you think that Joe Biden has been stowed away in a literal basement?

21 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

I'm not sure the "better person" is involved in weaponizing the FBI against his political foe.  I am also not sure the "better person" makes sure his son enriches his family in Ukraine while being VP, etc. 

I see nothing Trump has done since he has been president that is on that level as it relates to corruption involving his elected position.  

What BS this is. :no:

Biden did not "weaponize" the FBI against his political foe" - that's just a cultist lie.

Biden did not "make sure" his son enriched himself in Ukraine.  At worst, he didn't forbid it, which he didn't really have the power to do. It was a mistake, but Trump has done far far worse in actively ensuring his family has profited from his presidency.

And if you really don't see the corruption associated Trump's presidency you willfully have your head up your ass.

21 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

What does this have to do with the question I asked? 

We're up to 206,000 dead with no end in sight.  Trump still has not lifted a finger to create a federal response and you keep mewling about the Governor of NY and rest home deaths.  :no:

How does it feel to be a cultist?

19 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Considering Biden's lead, this is one of their memes that has become a self-own. ;D

6 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

Just pointing our VF is far left. 

First, it's "left" period, not "far" left.  So you're wrong about that.

And to rational-minded, critical thinkers, that's commonly known as a "feature".  ;D

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

First, it's "left" period, not "far" left.  So you're wrong about that.

And to rational-minded, critical thinkers that's commonly known as a "feature".  ;D

He thinks everything to the left of Hannity and Ann Coulter is "far left."

4 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

I stand corrected.  I should have mentioned my issues with the article when I questioned the source. I bet the prominent Republican is somebody like William Kristol, but who knows as it might even be John Kasich. 

Or it might have been one of these prominent Republicans:

List of Republicans who oppose the 2020 Donald Trump presidential campaign

Former Executive Branch officials

Cabinet-level officials

170px-Colin_Powell_official_Secretary_of

Executive Branch officials

170px-John_R._Bolton_official_photo.jpg

170px-Omarosa_Manigault_by_Gage_Skidmore

170px-Anthony_Scaramucci_at_SALT_Confere

Defense Department officials

Homeland Security Department officials

Intelligence Community officials

Justice Department officials

State Department officials

Treasury Department officials

White House officials

Other executive officials

U.S. Senators

Former

U.S. Representatives

Current

170px-Justin_Amash_official_photo.jpg

Former

170px-Rep_Joe_Walsh.jpg

Statewide executive officials

Governors

170px-Governor_John_Kasich.jpg

170px-Arnold_Schwarzenegger_by_Gage_Skid

Current

Former

Other statewide officials

Former

Former state judges

State judges

State legislators

State senators

Current

Former

State representatives

Current

Former

Municipal and local officials

Current

Former

Former Republican Party officials

Republican National Committee

170px-Michael_Steele.jpg

State party chairs

Activists and public figures

170px-Steve_Schmidt_2012_Shankbone.JPG

170px-Chesley_%22Sully%22_Sullenberger_b

Media personalities

170px-Meghan_McCain_2018_%28DIG14327-032

Business executives and leaders

Organizations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Republicans_who_oppose_the_2020_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Or it might have been one of these prominent Republicans:

List of Republicans who oppose the 2020 Donald Trump presidential campaign

Former Executive Branch officials

Cabinet-level officials

170px-Colin_Powell_official_Secretary_of

Executive Branch officials

170px-John_R._Bolton_official_photo.jpg

170px-Omarosa_Manigault_by_Gage_Skidmore

170px-Anthony_Scaramucci_at_SALT_Confere

Defense Department officials

Homeland Security Department officials

Intelligence Community officials

Justice Department officials

State Department officials

Treasury Department officials

White House officials

Other executive officials

U.S. Senators

Former

U.S. Representatives

Current

170px-Justin_Amash_official_photo.jpg

Former

170px-Rep_Joe_Walsh.jpg

Statewide executive officials

Governors

170px-Governor_John_Kasich.jpg

170px-Arnold_Schwarzenegger_by_Gage_Skid

Current

Former

Other statewide officials

Former

Former state judges

State judges

State legislators

State senators

Current

Former

State representatives

Current

Former

Municipal and local officials

Current

Former

Former Republican Party officials

Republican National Committee

170px-Michael_Steele.jpg

State party chairs

Activists and public figures

170px-Steve_Schmidt_2012_Shankbone.JPG

170px-Chesley_%22Sully%22_Sullenberger_b

Media personalities

170px-Meghan_McCain_2018_%28DIG14327-032

Business executives and leaders

Organizations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Republicans_who_oppose_the_2020_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign

I'd guess it is Vernon Jones. 

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Holy cow. I’ve never seen a mass exodus from a parties candidate of this magnitude. The decent conservatives better hope that Trump doesn’t get 4 more year, there won’t be anything left of the GOP other than cultist who worship Trump. And you’ll just have a bunch of conservative independents and libertarians floundering around with no home.

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

No, but he has certainly not been out campaigning the last few months like every other candidate has always done. Add to that all of his days off the trail, limited appearances, and virtual interviews and you can call it whatever you like.  Secluded, socially distanced, stowed away, or unavailable, it's all the same outcome. 

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/09/25/biden-campaign-lid-trump-421824

https://disrn.com/news/biden-campaign-calls-a-lid-on-events-before-noon-saturday-7th-time-in-past-14-days/amp

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

No, but he has certainly not been out campaigning the last few months like every other candidate has always done. Add to that all of his days off the trail, limited appearances, and virtual interviews and you can call it whatever you like.  Secluded, socially distanced, stowed away, or unavailable, it's all the same outcome. 

You don't think the pandemic has a little bit to do with why he's not doing the typical amount of campaigning?  Just because Trump doesn't give a s*** about these kinds of things doesn't mean everyone should follow his lead.  

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

We're up to 206,000 dead with no end in sight.  Trump still has not lifted a finger to create a federal response and you keep mewling about the Governor of NY and rest home deaths.  :no:

well trump did say he could kill people and his base would not care and he was right........

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You don't think the pandemic has a little bit to do with why he's not doing the typical amount of campaigning?

Absolutely could play a part. That said, it doesn't change the fact he has been MIA during a lot of the presidential campaign.  Then again, it didn't seem to limit his exposure or appearances during the primaries too much.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/492324-california-governor-praises-trumps-efforts-to-help-state-amid%3famp

So we have Fauci and Cuomo and then this guy praising Trump’s response to the virus. Of course tunes change as we get closer to the election. 

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Absolutely could play a part. That said, it doesn't change the fact he has been MIA during a lot of the presidential campaign.  Then again, it didn't seem to limit his exposure or appearances during the primaries too much.

I think it limited everyone's exposure and appearances since March, except perhaps Trump.  In fact, I think that's most of the reason.

I also think though, there is another thing at play to a lesser extent and there's a saying that sums it up well:  "Never interrupt your enemy when he's destroying himself."  

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

"Never interrupt your enemy when he's destroying himself."

Absolutely and I never once implied it wasn't smart of his campaign. It's a calculated risk/strategy that has been discussed ad nauseum by both parties and the electorate. Saying he was "stowed away" wasn't incorrect. It might have chaffed some that I mentioned it, but that's because many refuse to acknowledge any negatives, perceived or real, about "their" candidate.  However, I'm not the only one that knows it's happening. Others, even those within his own party, see it and have reported on his campaign's strategy to keep a low profile.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Absolutely and I never once implied it wasn't smart of his campaign. It's a calculated risk/strategy that has been discussed ad nauseum by both parties and the electorate. Saying he was "stowed away" wasn't incorrect. It might have chaffed some that I mentioned it, but that's because many refuse to acknowledge any negatives, perceived or real, about "their" candidate.  However, I'm not the only one that knows it's happening. Others, even those within his own party, see it and have reported on his campaign's strategy to keep a low profile.

He is in his Tubershell. 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

It definitely has everything to do with the pandemic. We weren’t in a full fledged pandemic when the primaries were going on, btw. He’s seems to be getting his message out just fine and he was able to get out during the primaries when his life wasn’t threatened. Presidential candidates don’t have to travel like they used to, anyway. YouTube and the internet basically give anyone any piece of information you need anyway. To be honest, it’s actually embarrassing that Trump is out having full blown rallies and still seems to not be able to catch up in the polling. The more he shows his face and runs his big fat orange mouth, the worse it gets for him. It’s actually beautiful to watch, because he can’t stop.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

The only part of what you said that was irritating was that Biden using the bunker line could have backfired. It would only be seen as a risky thing for him to say, if you’re a Trump supporter. People with any sense in their head know that Biden wasn’t out campaigning, because he’s actually trying to, you know, set some kind of example of how people should treat this thing if they ever expect it to end. Donald Trump was literally stashed away in a bunker during the protests in DC. 

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It definitely has everything to do with the pandemic. We weren’t in a full fledged pandemic when the primaries were going on, btw. 

The primary season began in iowa on February 5th, he campaigned all the way up to when he won the nomination on June 5th. The quarantine began in mid March. So, when exactly did we enter the full fledged stage of the pandemic?

Archived