The first debate

TitanTiger

1 hour ago, SocialCircle said:

I have repeatedly said Trump could have handled this better.  However, there is plenty of blame to go around.  I am fully aware of Trump's faults in this regard, but you hide your head in the sand, for example, when it comes to those governors who put the elderly who had tested positive back into those facilities. 

you mean like jawja's gov deciding not to release all the covid facts concerning cases and death etc because it makes the repubs look bad? people having to sue to find out what their kids are getting into at a certain school? ok with that............

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, homersapien said:

How many of our 206,000 deaths to those nursing home residents account for?

I am not putting my head in the sand, you are.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/he-has-delivered-for-new-york-cuomo-praises-trumps-coronavirus-response/2371465/

Of course, his tune changed once we got closer to the election. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Look like you have gotten placed in the crossfire lol. I will say a good bit of Wisconsinites (which also is a battleground state) feels exactly the same way you do. I actually got my absentee ballot today and completed it. I don’t think the debate yesterday swayed many of the middle ground folks one way or another just yet. However, I will say it seems like a slight lean to Biden from my perspective . 

I’m just trying to dodge shrapnel, just like I was last night!! lol 

image.gif

39 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you mean like jawja's gov deciding not to release all the covid facts concerning cases and death etc because it makes the repubs look bad? people having to sue to find out what their kids are getting into at a certain school? ok with that............

I've already indicated I think it is wise for all public school systems to publish their info just like my system does on every Friday.  You even liked the post.  

18 hours ago, AUFriction said:

I have a really hard question for you all. Will you condemn white supremicism?

Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it!

13 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it! Answer it!

Stand-by.....lmao 

“The Family Is Worried Brad Will Start Talking”: Trumpworld Panics Over Debate Fiasco as Campaign Turmoil Mounts

Gabriel Sherman

Donald Trump’s campaign is still assessing the political damage from Tuesday night’s chaotic first presidential debate. The president’s refusal to condemn white supremacists, of course, is the immediate crisis. “He blew that for sure,” a campaign adviser told me. “It’s nuts,” a former West Wing official said wearily, sounding like a storm survivor with PTSD. “Total lunacy,” said another former White House staffer, who remains close to the campaign. “Trump didn’t win over any voters, and he pissed off a lot of people,” added a prominent Republican.

Trump advisers agree on what he needs to do differently at the next debate. “He has to just relax and let Joe Biden speak,” said the ex-official, who remains close to the White House. But Republicans are resigned to the fact that Trump is unlikely––or unwilling––to course-correct. “Trump thinks he won. He didn’t,” said another Republican with ties to the campaign. “But does anyone have the balls to tell him that? No. They’d be fired.”

Trump doesn’t accept the consensus that the debate was a disaster because, sources said, he was unabashedly himself. “The thing about the debate is people got to see why no one that has any integrity can work for Trump. This is what Trump is like in the Oval Office every day. It’s why [John] Kelly left. It’s why [Jim] Mattis quit,” said the prominent Republican. “Trump doesn’t let anyone else speak. He really doesn’t care what you have to say. He demeans people. He talks over them. And everyone around him thinks it’s getting worse.”

Inside Trumpworld there’s a view that the past week is an inflection point in the campaign. It started on Sunday night with the bombshell New York Times report that Trump paid just $750 in federal income taxes in 2016 and 2017. “For Trump the Times story was worse than losing reelection,” said the second Republican. “If you had told Donald back in 2015 that his tax returns would be exposed and he’d have all these investigations, I guarantee you he wouldn’t have run.”

As the Times story lit up cable news and Twitter, news broke that Trump’s former campaign manager Brad Parscale had been taken into custody outside his Ft. Lauderdale home and hospitalized after threatening to commit suicide and allegedly beating his wife days prior. Police body camera footage showing an officer brutally tackling a shirtless, 6’8” Parscale to the pavement instantly became a visual metaphor for the chaos engulfing the Trump campaign. One campaign adviser I spoke with was shocked by the amount of force the police used to subdue and cuff Parscale. “If Brad had been Black, there would be riots all over the country,” the source said. (In fact, police have killed unarmed Black men in far less hostile situations.)

Parscale’s public meltdown happened while he is reportedly under investigation for stealing from the Trump campaign and the RNC. According to the source close to the campaign, the Trump family is worried that Parscale could turn on them and cooperate with law enforcement about possible campaign finance violations. “The family is worried Brad will start talking,” the source said.

In response the Trump campaign’s communications director, Tim Murtaugh, said: “It’s utterly false. There is no investigation, no audit, and there never was.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/09/trumpworld-panics-over-debate-fiasco-as-campaign-turmoil-mounts

12 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

I've already indicated I think it is wise for all public school systems to publish their info just like my system does on every Friday.  You even liked the post.  

yes yes i did. the point is how can you know repub govs are not lying when they refuse to release the numbers of those getting sick in school. it is called dishoesty where i come from. you are saying the right did better with covid but hell they are not telling the truth. also ga and fl both were busted trying to fudge the numbers. hell go look it up because you will not believe me and i have posted them once before.

One aspect I found humorous was Biden repeatedly making comments about Trump coming out of his bunker. I thought, Joe, that's not the best choice of words to be using. It would've been way too easy to flip that back onto him...for a competent debater.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

yes yes i did. the point is how can you know repub govs are not lying when they refuse to release the numbers of those getting sick in school. it is called dishoesty where i come from. you are saying the right did better with covid but hell they are not telling the truth. also ga and fl both were busted trying to fudge the numbers. hell go look it up because you will not believe me and i have posted them once before.

Go tell the mayor of Nashville about hiding info from the public. I agree everyone should report accurate numbers.  I do think sometimes mistakes are made, but sometimes (like in Nashville) the truth is known but it is not disclosed to the public. 

10 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

“The Family Is Worried Brad Will Start Talking”: Trumpworld Panics Over Debate Fiasco as Campaign Turmoil Mounts

Gabriel Sherman

Donald Trump’s campaign is still assessing the political damage from Tuesday night’s chaotic first presidential debate. The president’s refusal to condemn white supremacists, of course, is the immediate crisis. “He blew that for sure,” a campaign adviser told me. “It’s nuts,” a former West Wing official said wearily, sounding like a storm survivor with PTSD. “Total lunacy,” said another former White House staffer, who remains close to the campaign. “Trump didn’t win over any voters, and he pissed off a lot of people,” added a prominent Republican.

Trump advisers agree on what he needs to do differently at the next debate. “He has to just relax and let Joe Biden speak,” said the ex-official, who remains close to the White House. But Republicans are resigned to the fact that Trump is unlikely––or unwilling––to course-correct. “Trump thinks he won. He didn’t,” said another Republican with ties to the campaign. “But does anyone have the balls to tell him that? No. They’d be fired.”

Trump doesn’t accept the consensus that the debate was a disaster because, sources said, he was unabashedly himself. “The thing about the debate is people got to see why no one that has any integrity can work for Trump. This is what Trump is like in the Oval Office every day. It’s why [John] Kelly left. It’s why [Jim] Mattis quit,” said the prominent Republican. “Trump doesn’t let anyone else speak. He really doesn’t care what you have to say. He demeans people. He talks over them. And everyone around him thinks it’s getting worse.”

Inside Trumpworld there’s a view that the past week is an inflection point in the campaign. It started on Sunday night with the bombshell New York Times report that Trump paid just $750 in federal income taxes in 2016 and 2017. “For Trump the Times story was worse than losing reelection,” said the second Republican. “If you had told Donald back in 2015 that his tax returns would be exposed and he’d have all these investigations, I guarantee you he wouldn’t have run.”

As the Times story lit up cable news and Twitter, news broke that Trump’s former campaign manager Brad Parscale had been taken into custody outside his Ft. Lauderdale home and hospitalized after threatening to commit suicide and allegedly beating his wife days prior. Police body camera footage showing an officer brutally tackling a shirtless, 6’8” Parscale to the pavement instantly became a visual metaphor for the chaos engulfing the Trump campaign. One campaign adviser I spoke with was shocked by the amount of force the police used to subdue and cuff Parscale. “If Brad had been Black, there would be riots all over the country,” the source said. (In fact, police have killed unarmed Black men in far less hostile situations.)

Parscale’s public meltdown happened while he is reportedly under investigation for stealing from the Trump campaign and the RNC. According to the source close to the campaign, the Trump family is worried that Parscale could turn on them and cooperate with law enforcement about possible campaign finance violations. “The family is worried Brad will start talking,” the source said.

In response the Trump campaign’s communications director, Tim Murtaugh, said: “It’s utterly false. There is no investigation, no audit, and there never was.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/09/trumpworld-panics-over-debate-fiasco-as-campaign-turmoil-mounts

Is Vanity Fair a good source to use in this forum? 

https://100percentfedup.com/vanity-fair-abandons-every-ounce-of-journalistic-integrity-with-sick-article-by-former-gossip-editor-claiming-trump-finalizes-plan-to-poison-60-of-nations-waterways/

29 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Yes.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/vanity-fair/

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 8.12.56 AM.png

Now, your source on the other hand...

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/100-percent-fed-up/

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 8.14.27 AM.png

Your idiotic article is complaining about an editorial, with a headline that's intentionally snarky and abrasive.  Not to mention, your site doesn't even say what is wrong with the article's premise - which is a smartass take on a NYT story about Trump rolling back environmental rules.  Their complaint seems to boil down not to factual issues, but basically "VF said mean things that are true."

The fact that you even bother reading such a site, much less think that a post from it should be taken seriously calls your credibility on pretty much anything into question.

Stop wasting my time.

20 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Yes.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/vanity-fair/

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 8.12.56 AM.png

Now, your source on the other hand...

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/100-percent-fed-up/

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 8.14.27 AM.png

Your idiotic article is complaining about an editorial, with a headline that's intentionally snarky and abrasive.  Not to mention, your site doesn't even say what is wrong with the article's premise - which is a smartass take on a NYT story about Trump rolling back environmental rules.  Their complaint seems to boil down not to factual issues, but basically "VF said mean things that are true."

The fact that you even bother reading such a site, much less think that a post from it should be taken seriously calls your credibility on pretty much anything into question.

Stop wasting my time.

Just pointing our VF is far left. 

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

:rolleyes:

The VF article you posted reeks of an anonymous left wing hit job like the story saying Trump called vets losers. 

1 minute ago, SocialCircle said:

The VF article you posted reeks of an anonymous left wing hit job like the story saying Trump called vets losers. 

Look, you can either post a rebuttal of the facts and claims in the article, or you can go sit in the corner and color (which to be honest is probably more your speed), but "THAIR BIASED, PAWWWWL" isn't an argument that's going to fly here.

10 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Look, you can either post a rebuttal of the facts and claims in the article, or you can go sit in the corner and color (which to be honest is probably more your speed), but "THAIR BIASED, PAWWWWL" isn't an argument that's going to fly here.

I am very skeptical of articles like this that are clearly biased and refuse to name a single source. I think any wise person would be skeptical of articles like this. These articles waste my time, so I'll pick coloring in the corner for $100 Alex.  

46 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

...or you can go sit in the corner and color (which to be honest is probably more your speed)...

Reminds me of the videos of chimpanzees training for the space program. They sit in a chair flipping switches, so proud they're doing well, but you know if they ever had control over anything they'd crash everyone into the ocean.

4gy4sz.gif

1 hour ago, SocialCircle said:

Just pointing our VF is far left. 

What’s your point? It’s also “mostly factual”. 100 percent fed up is far right and “low factual reporting”. Come to think of it, is their any far right media outlet that is even in the mostly factual category? I’d be interested in seeing how a far right media outlet was able to use facts while still maintaining their far right status.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

One aspect I found humorous was Biden repeatedly making comments about Trump coming out of his bunker. I thought, Joe, that's not the best choice of words to be using. It would've been way too easy to flip that back onto him...for a competent debater.

Wasn’t Donald Trump hunkered up in a bunker while the DC protests were happening? I think that’s what Joe is referring to there. I’m guessing you’re saying that Biden actually social distancing, like people in this country should be doing, if we ever want to be allowed in a sports venue again, as possibly being seen as hiding in a bunker?

59 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

I am very skeptical of articles like this that are clearly biased and refuse to name a single source. I think any wise person would be skeptical of articles like this. These articles waste my time, so I'll pick coloring in the corner for $100 Alex.  

But your initial response wasn't to complain about anonymous sources.  It was simply to claim skepticism because Vanity Fair is biased.  Only after I blew that argument to smithereens did you pivot to this new excuse.

I don't really care what you do to be honest so long as the bitching about sources in lieu of actual arguments ceases.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

reckon he can keep the colors inside the lines?

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

But your initial response wasn't to complain about anonymous sources.  It was simply to claim skepticism because Vanity Fair is biased.  Only after I blew that argument to smithereens did you pivot to this new excuse.

I don't really care what you do to be honest so long as the bitching about sources in lieu of actual arguments ceases.

I stand corrected.  I should have mentioned my issues with the article when I questioned the source. I bet the prominent Republican is somebody like William Kristol, but who knows as it might even be John Kasich. 

15 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

What’s your point? It’s also “mostly factual”. 100 percent fed up is far right and “low factual reporting”. Come to think of it, is their any far right media outlet that is even in the mostly factual category? I’d be interested in seeing how a far right media outlet was able to use facts while still maintaining their far right status.

My point is the article is clearly biased. The commentary mixed in with the info makes this clear. 

people all have their favorite sources. and while i agree some may or may not be all that legit i was surprised unless i read it wrong huffington post and buzzfeed both did articles that said click here for the original article on newsweek and that kind of thing. i try to discern if a site is legit or not but i will post one of i think it has legit laughs taking shots at the right and that sort of thing.

Archived