Who do you want as head coach?

copper4eva

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

If the situation around the team and in the AD has indeed deteriorated as much as some claim, then it's not a bad year to make a change. While there are no 5* coaches available to AU, there are several good prospects, warts on them not withstanding.

WE AGREE?!?!?! OMGSH!!!! THERE GOES MIKEY!!!!! OMGSH!!!!! MIKEY IS GOING TO WIN THE MESSAGE BOARD GAME!!!!!!!! lol

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill Clark is taking UAB to their 3rd straight Conference USA title game.  What he's done at UAB can't be ignored.  If Napier is in play then why not Bill Clark?

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I will be excited for whomever we hire, because for the first time in a long time I will have hope again.

This is me fam. Napier on paper is a solid double kind of hire but apathy has been washed over me since 2015 with a brief relapse where I had hope again in november of 2017. Back to apathy after that. I JUST WANT HOPE FAM!!! no 5-19 JABA hire. No 9-36 Kevin Steele. No Rhett. No Chip. I will be a very happy AU fan brother!!! WOOO!!!

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Bill Clark is taking UAB to their 3rd straight Conference USA title game.  What he's done at UAB can't be ignored.  If Napier is in play then why not Bill Clark?

Get over Bill Clark already, dear god. Not an option at all. 

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

If he was not in the state of Alabama would anyone even be considering him and bringing his name up? I do not think so.

28 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

He’s at a school where his behavior pales in comparison to the President who hired him.

That dude is the worst.

7 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Bill Clark is admirable but no. Several others deserve to be called prior to him and I am a big fan 

7 minutes ago, metafour said:

Get over Bill Clark already, dear god. Not an option at all. 

Not advocating for Clark as much as not for Napier.  Need someone who can come in and have an immediate impact on recruiting.  I feel like a lot of recruits would wait and see on Napier before jumping on board.  I could be wrong on that but just don't see his appeal.

Edit to add I do like what Bill Clark has done with UAB.  

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

If he was not in the state of Alabama would anyone even be considering him and bringing his name up? I do not think so.

Absolutely not - no one would even know his name. Clark is a "good" coach but he has zero experience at any top-level program. Who has he coached under to learn from? Its literally ZERO notable experience at this level of football. His UAB team is "good" and plays hard, but dear god, the way people talk it up you'd think he was 12-0 every year and beating P5 teams. His team is 5-3 this season.

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Not advocating for Clark as much as not for Napier.  Need someone who can come in and have an immediate impact on recruiting.  I feel like a lot of recruits would wait and see on Napier before jumping on board.  I could be wrong on that but just don't see his appeal.  

Napier is a really strong recruiter. Not on the level of Mario but of all the coaches in contention I def think he is the second best recruiter of the bunch.

Just now, Win4AU said:

Uhm, Napier was an elite level recruiter at both Clemson AND Alabama. And he was recruiting at Clemson and getting players like T.Boyd BEFORE they turned into the power you see today. Bill Clark's only other experience is at the HS level. Hasn't coached anywhere else in college, or recruited at any major program. The fact that you think Bill Clark is less of a question mark in recruiting out of all things just solidifies that you are talking about something that you have no business talking about, sorry to say.

46 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I will be excited for whomever we hire, because for the first time in a long time I will have hope again.

Rhett Lashlee it is !!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, metafour said:

Uhm, Napier was an elite level recruiter at both Clemson AND Alabama. And he was recruiting at Clemson and getting players like T.Boyd BEFORE they turned into the power you see today. Bill Clark's only other experience is at the HS level. Hasn't coached anywhere else in college, or recruited at any major program. The fact that you think Bill Clark is less of a question mark in recruiting out of all things just solidifies that you are talking about something that you have no business talking about, sorry to say.

The fact that I never said anything about Bill Clark's recruiting compared to Napier tells me that I didn't say that.  I'm just not sold on Napier.  Sorry I mentioned anything about Bill Clark ha.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

If the situation around the team and in the AD has indeed deteriorated as much as some claim, then it's not a bad year to make a change. While there are no 5* coaches available to AU, there are several good prospects, warts on them not withstanding.

I just sharted my shorts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Clark has done a wonderful job, but put him in the Freeze catagory....Under the "no, please" heading

4 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Kevin Sumlin has been fired. Arizona is looking for a coach.

I nominate Gus

30 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Rhett Lashlee it is !!!!!!!

Hilarious, I was thinking about going back and editing my post and saying minus this guy!!!  Well played, sir, well played

7 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I nominate Gus

Seconded. 

Alrighty then, now that’s been done, let’s move on to new business.  

Ok I got this worked out. Vandy needs a coach and we have one we need to get rid of. Raney and Harbert listen up. You Cut a deal with Vandy . They offer Gus 4 million a year and AU will subsidize Gus another 4 million a year for 4 years. Win all around. Vandy gets a 6/4 coach that can get them a bowl game once in a while, so Vandy is happy. Gus gets a raise to 8 million a year and less expectations , so Gus is happy. Auburn gets rid of Gus for 16 million paid out over 4 years so they got 5-8 million a year available to get a decent coach, so AU is happy. 😊works for me. 🦅

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Sumlin is available with no buyout!!!😉

There’s a reason for that!

Archived