Who do you want as head coach?

copper4eva

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

I believe the Vandy part, not sure about the talks with Freeze.

Not just NO but !!!HELL NO!!!!!!...If this is true, AU football should be disbanded....NAH....please tell me this is bull****....please?

49 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

JABA. So I believe your source.

Freeze would be an exciting hire... I wanted Kiffin before Ole miss got him, but maybe that was a step a bit too far?

I’d be happy with Christobal too...

what I’m worried about is a no name shot in the dark untested coach...

18 hours ago, Auburn Tiger said:

And my source says Gus is considering Vandy and AU is in talks with Freeze. 

Ugh please no.... I mean we could do worse but we absolutely could do better...

18 hours ago, Auburn Tiger said:

And my source says Gus is considering Vandy and AU is in talks with Freeze. 

BREAKING WX NEWS: FREEZE WARNING IN EAST-CENTRAL ALABAMA

12 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

BREAKING WX NEWS: FREEZE WARNING IN EAST-CENTRAL ALABAMA

DEDDB087-707A-4103-BADC-07020F4FB25A.jpeg

I’m not  convinced Gus is gone...though I hope with all that I am he is.

I would be absolutely shocked if we hired Freeze...I mean shocked.

My fear is no matter who we get or how they perform the fanbase will still be split...

If the new guy wins more than Gus then those who wanted him gone will say I told you so...

If the new guy wins the same or less than Gus then the Gus lovers will say I told you so...

2 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

My fear is no matter who we get or how they perform the fanbase will still be split...

If the new guy wins more than Gus then those who wanted him gone will say I told you so...

If the new guy wins the same or less than Gus then the Gus lovers will say I tiod you so...

Such is the life of an Auburn fan haha. 

48 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

If the new guy wins the same or less than Gus then the Gus lovers will say I told you so...

Winning cures everything. I don't think the gus lovers will care if we get someone who wins. I would hope they love Auburn more than they love Gus.

I'm pretty split on Freeze. I would prefer Cristobal (but he's probably going to Texas + not sure if we could afford him), Campbell (but he might going to Michigan + don't think we could afford him), Fickell (don't think we could afford him), or Napier. I'd put him about on par with Venables (IDK if I'm quite as high on him after thinking about Chad Morris)--I would overall take both of them despite my concerns. Please no Steele or Lashlee! 🤮

45 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I'm pretty split on Freeze. I would prefer Cristobal (but he's probably going to Texas + not sure if we could afford him), Campbell (but he might going to Michigan + don't think we could afford him), Fickell (don't think we could afford him), or Napier. I'd put him about on par with Venables (IDK if I'm quite as high on him after thinking about Chad Morris)--I would overall take both of them despite my concerns. Please no Steele or Lashlee! 🤮

Cristobal makes 2.6 million at Oregon. We absolutely could afford him. Michigan is one of the most overrated jobs in the country. Auburn is a lot more attractive because of our recruiting territory. You don't think we could afford the Cincy coach?!? Lol what????

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Cristobal makes 2.6 million at Oregon. We absolutely could afford him. Michigan is one of the most overrated jobs in the country. Auburn is a lot more attractive because of our recruiting territory. You don't think we could afford the Cincy coach?!? Lol what????

I’m a little confused as well. We can definitely afford both. As you mentioned, Cristobal make a little over $2.6 million and Fickell makes about $3.4 million a year. They make less than Gus does a year COMBINED.

4 minutes ago, WarTim said:

It’s Kiffen!!!!!!!😎

Dude if Kiffen bolted for Auburn after one year, after what he did to Tenn, he will for real be the evil villain of the SEC. 

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He got a big extension recently is all.

If we can get any of those guys, do it.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

They are in talks about an extension, nothing has been finalized yet.

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

LET US HOPE we do not see this anytime this weekend or early next week for Gus......

Not gonna lie Herman staying does keep Cristobal squarely in play. Man I hope we don’t screw this hire up. I agree Napier and Freeze would be upgrades but I feel like Cristobal would be the big splash hire we have needed and longed for. 

What's the objection to Freeze? We're on the "second chance U" platform anyway. Bruce Pearl has worked out very well so far, why not Freeze?

Archived