That was not a Win

AUght2win

Also it's interesting watching Arkansas drastically improve after Morris leaves, and Auburn regress when he arrives. 

I thought he may really be the answer. 

Thank goodness we still have basketball season to look forward to. 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Couldn't manage to keep a damn kickoff inbounds, I mean damn Arky couldn't even get a punt off without being lined up illegally 

You could combine both teams and it would still be a pretty crappy squad. It’s like neither wanted to take the W. 

2 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Do you just give Arkansas the ball ?

after the play is over. If they did recover it was after the whistle 

You don't blow the whistle...what happened after the whistle is irrelevant since it was premised on a blown call. I'm not arguing it was reviewable. I'm simply saying that the call on the field was wrong. 

3 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Here's a hot take.  We would have LOST if Carlson made that first go ahead FG.

Change my mind.

I can't change your mind since I agree. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Not if our secondary doesn’t shore up and our defensive line doesn’t get discipline 

That's what I had said in my op. Our D is not as good as it has been, so our offensive philosophy has to change to outscore opponents.

2 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

On a bright note: Tank Bigsby! 

Probably the only bright spot today. Love that stop and go he has. 

@Tigerbellemy response from the game thread: COVID has affected every team in every state. Arkansas is a much improved team from last year, though, despite having COVID restrictions, a first year head coach, and a majority of the same players they had from the dumpster fire of a season from last year and they looked as good or better than we did tonight. Didn’t they have a lot more obstacles to overcome than we did entering the season? Haven’t we recruited at a much higher level than they have? Why wasn’t that reflected on the field tonight?

3 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Also it's interesting watching Arkansas drastically improve after Morris leaves, and Auburn regress when he arrives. 

I thought he may really be the answer. 

Thank goodness we still have basketball season to look forward to. 

Part of that is personnel better matching the offense and partly I’m FOS.

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

No one did.  The refs blew the whistle with the ball on the ground.  Arkansas got the ball after the whistle blew and Auburn players stopped going after it.  

Arky was the closest to it and would have got it. No use making  excuse we stole on from Arky even though Gus will claim otherwise . 

9 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Win is a win.  Take it.  We have had questionable calls go against us before.  Learn from the mistakes this week.  Get ready for South Carolina.  Continue to get those reps in.  

We've had 8 years to learn from the mistakes. Seems like we keep repeating them. 

i'm not upset with the offensive line this week. Bo Nix played terrible. that's on him.  How many 4 yard screen passes did he miss. that's inexcusable.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Probably the only bright spot today. Love that stop and go he has. 

He put us on his back 100%.. looked so smooth ..and great vision today. 

11 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Here's a hot take.  We would have LOST if Carlson made that first go ahead FG.

Change my mind.

Ha! Shows how much we know.  Gus told him to miss that first one! Gus is playing chess while everyone else plays checkers!

As soon as the refs blew the whistle, they blocked themselves from getting the call right. I don’t think for one second that they did it to protect a higher ranked team. That was straight up incompetence.

8 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Arky was the closest to it and would have got it. No use making  excuse we stole on from Arky even though Gus will claim otherwise . 

We had two players right there.  DJ Williams was the first guy there actually and then the whistle blew Swartz was also there with Jackson running in.  

84B3A596-544A-41EE-8837-2FB88D577FED.jpeg

14 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Out of everything Tank is by far the best RB on the team hands down. He’s a bigger version of Kenny Irons. Bad man. 👍👍👍👍👍

Yeah, the most talented back on our roster that we have seen.

14 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I wonder if there are special rules about spiking the ball. Spiking it, in theory, is always intentional grounding, but it's allowed. I wonder if it's a judgment call, like the ref sees an attempt at clocking, and allows it as such. 

Idk. I think they cheated Arkansas.

As I understand it, once the refs signaled incomplete pass, the play was over and the ball was dead. Had they not called incomplete pass, it would have been ruled a  fumble on replay and Arkansas would have run the clock out and won. There was no awarding Arkansas the ball because of the incomplete pass call. 

We won but we really didn’t. Gus is still the HC tomorrow morning.

18 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

How so. They penalized Auburn loss of down 10 second runoff. No one recovered the fumble. You can’t just give it to Arkansas.

I feel like had the play not been whistled down before ball was recovered, Arky is the winner of that game. I technically feel like Arky won. I feel like the refs gave them the game. Since no one actually recovered the "spike" fumble, the couldn't really overturn it. 

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Ha! Shows how much we know.  Gus told him to miss that first one! Gus is playing chess while everyone else plays checkers!

Sh*t gus told them to screw up the spike

16 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Win is a win.  Take it.  We have had questionable calls go against us before.  Learn from the mistakes this week.  Get ready for South Carolina.  Continue to get those reps in.  

You're right. My bad. I'll hit the practice field straight away.

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

We had two players right there.  DJ Williams was the first guy there actually and then the whistle blew Swartz was also there with Jackson running in.  

84B3A596-544A-41EE-8837-2FB88D577FED.jpeg

Now post the screenshot where the Arkansas player actually picks the ball up.

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You're right. My bad. I'll hit the practice field straight away.

5489DCB4-608C-4F6A-A207-FB070A4484E1.gif

Archived