That was not a Win

AUght2win

4 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Arky has a decent defense. They held UGA to 5 points in one half.  I think we lose to Tennessee, Bama, Miss St. BC they have really good defenses. The other teams we play don't, so those games are toss ups IMO.

We lose to Ms State and I’ll run Gus out of town myself. They scored 2 points today against UK. People have figured out the Air Raid. 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

He plays to win , he does not play to not lose . Would love to have kiffin. 

Kiffin will replace Saban when he retires. 

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

What was the question asked to Tank and what was the question asked to Bo?

Don't know, don't care. Don't care about PR I just know about leadership

I'd like to talk about how wildly stupid it was to spike it on 3rd and 1 with 30 seconds left, to set up a field goal, when your kicker JUST missed one. 

That was Les Miles level stupidity. I have never seen anybody spike it one 3rd down with that much time.

7 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I'd like to talk about how wildly stupid it was to spike it on 3rd and 1 with 30 seconds left, to set up a field goal, when your kicker JUST missed one. 

That was Les Miles level stupidity. I have never seen anybody spike it one 3rd down with that much time.

That was worse than the botched call by the refs. The guy running the show in Auburn is a clown. He will never explain that either lol

9 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Doubt it. Kiffin sounds like he genuinely hates T-Town as a city.

We have at least one thing in common. But yeah that Kiffen/UAT bridge has long been burned.

That was not a Win

Auburn 30, Arky 28. That's a win.

If anybody who's griping about the call cared enough to watch the post game Sports Center, there was a thorough explanation of why the refs made the correct call. So thorough it got boring, complete with rule book references. It was not questionable, the call was correct.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That was not a Win

Auburn 30, Arky 28. That's a win.

If anybody who's griping about the call cared enough to watch the post game Sports Center, there was a thorough explanation of why the refs made the correct call. So thorough it got boring, complete with rule book references. It was not questionable, the call was correct.

So they stated that it wasn't a backwards pass? I'd like to hear that explanation.

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

So they stated that it wasn't a backwards pass? I'd like to hear that explanation.

No. You should find it and watch. The point is that Arky never recovered it. Nobody went after it until later. It was blown dead according to some rule that makes sense when you read it. Had Arky fallen on it immediately they would have been awarded possession. The closest anybody came to possessing the ball was Shed Jackson and an Arky guy making slight efforts to pick it up to hand to the refs after it was blown dead.

9 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I would think this scenario will be talked about during the off season when the refs get together to see what they can improve.  Arky will see to that.

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I would think this scenario will be talked about during the off season when the refs get together to see what they can improve.  Arky will see to that.

The refs followed the rules to the letter. If a change is made, it will have to be made in the rule book.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

The refs followed the rules to the letter. If a change is made, it will have to be made in the rule book.

That’s my point.  The play is over and done.  Saban does this every year, do you think Arky will be in someone’s ear about this play?  Their coach was telling the refs it was a backwards pass and it was.  

The refs called it automatically, not seeing if it was a backwards pass or not.  This has not been an issue before.  In the off season I can see the refs discussing not blowing the whistle until the play is completed and then analyzing if it was a backwards pass.

Its the way of the future, let them play and correct anything on replay.

10 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I disagree.  I questioned the call at first, but  Auburn had no time outs left and would have needed a first down to stop the clock and then have a down to spike the ball.    This year it is not a sure thing that Auburn can gain a yard.   

To me, whether or not that was a correct call doesn't matter. Auburn was a 14 point favorite coming into this game and had to win by a field goal with 7 seconds to go in the game. Arky played better than AU and probably should have won. Felipe Franks, of all people, actually out-played our 5-star QB. The only positive out of this game was Tank. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see too many more wins for our team this season. 

Looking at the box score, statistically, Auburn out-played Arkansas -- by a very small margin. And in terms of passing percentage, this was actually Bo's best game so far this season. He actually completed 60% of his passes -- better than the two previous games. And both Tank and DJ had good rushing averages for the game. The real problem was the inability to sustain drives -- mostly due to some really terrible throws by Bo and the porous/inept OL.

And hey, Schwarz stepped up and played well in place of Stove, but why wasn't Seth targeted more? He caught only 3 balls during the game.

Defensively, gads, the entire D looked sad. Pappoe whiffed on more plays than I could count, but I'm not singling him out, because they all seemed disorganized and out of position way too often.

Yes, Auburn was lucky to get out of this one with a win. The sad thing is, looking at the rest of our schedule, I'm struggling to find any games I'd expect Auburn to win.

It was a gift, just like the UK game. 
Both of our wins this year depended on the refs blowing a whistle for 2 plays that would have been disasters for Auburn. They both could have/should have gone differently if they just let the play continue.

Luck is with Gus so far. Big difference between 2-1 and 0-3.  

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Actually they didn’t. If they had followed the rules, they would have let the play continue because it was a fumble. The Sec sent out something last night saying that it was indeed a fumble but because the whistle blew, there is nothing the refs or the replay could do to change it. In the end it was the correct call because the refs screwed up by not recognizing it was a fumble in the first place and blew the whistle. It was a gift. 
The rule does not need to change. The refs just need to do a better job in recognizing what is going on each play and not blow the whistle prematurely. I am sure UK would agree as well. 

Archived