That was not a Win

AUght2win

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How in the world do y’all expect better from our team during a major pandemic?  I mean, college age kids are dropping like flies during this things and its really only affected Auburn and no one else.  What a bunch of whiny babies on here expecting sound football in a coach’s 8th year.  What with a zombie apocalypse going on and all.

2 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Pretty sure they didn't. It was ruled and incompletion. That was the end of the play. You can't recover a dead ball.

Incorrectly ruled an incompletion.

Just now, TigerOne said:

But made the right call since the play had been blown dead.

Doesnt excuse the horrendous display of football by Auburn most of the game.

They made the right call based on the rule but they should’ve never blown that ball dead is the point. It was a backwards pass. 

Look I thought Junior Rosegreen has a great night running the football. Marlon Davidson had a few plays along the dline and whoever moved Kerryon Johnson to safety was brilliant! War Eagle

1 minute ago, CleCoTiger said:

Pretty sure they didn't. It was ruled and incompletion. That was the end of the play. You can't recover a dead ball.

But it wasn’t a dead ball. When Bo dropped the snap it was a fumble, when he spiked it that was another fumble, not grounding. That was a screw up on the refs in the heat of the moment. Glad we got the W but we did not win that game. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

The refs shouldn’t have blown the whistle. It was a backwards pass. That was on the refs. If the sides were reversed we would be pissed. 

I’m not arguing that.  I was just saying Arkansas probably didn’t recover the ball If the refs let the ball play.  Arkansas only recovered it after the whistle blew and the Auburn players disengaged.  

Just now, wcware said:

Look I thought Junior Rosegreen has a great night running the football. Marlon Davidson had a few plays along the dline and whoever moved Kerryon Johnson to safety was brilliant! War Eagle

Pass that this way bro

1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

But made the right call since the play had been blown dead.

Doesnt excuse the horrendous display of football by Auburn most of the game.

No, they did not make the right call. The whistle should never have been blown dead. That's clearly the wrong call. 

Just now, NoALtiger said:

That was two really average to bad teams out there today, neither one deserved to win imo. 

"Average to bad" is great progress for Arky.

Even when Auburn wins, it is a shameful embarrassment. I'm not sure Auburn will win another game this season. Ugly, ugly, NASTY UGLY!

Just now, NoALtiger said:

That was two really average to bad teams out there today, neither one deserved to win imo. 

Couldn't manage to keep a damn kickoff inbounds, I mean damn Arky couldn't even get a punt off without being lined up illegally 

You have to feel good for Carlson, but that's about it. We look awful. Play calling is still an issue after how many years/coordinators? QB play was suspect. 

I just don't see how we continue this. Rip off the band-aid. Pay him out. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

People keep assuming that we will win other games. I want to know who you think we can beat. I think we lose 7 more games.

Arky has a decent defense. They held UGA to 5 points in one half.  I think we lose to Tennessee, Bama, Miss St. BC they have really good defenses. The other teams we play don't, so those games are toss ups IMO.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

I’m not arguing that.  I was just saying Arkansas probably didn’t recover the ball If the refs let the ball play.  Arkansas only recovered it after the whistle blew and the Auburn players disengaged.  

Even if they didn’t recover it would’ve been a much longer FG. At the end of the day, that blown call went Auburn’s way. We got lucky. I am not going to gloat about it. 

Just now, AURex said:

Even when Auburn wins, it is a shameful embarrassment. I'm not sure Auburn will win another game this season. Ugly, ugly, NASTY UGLY!

Oh, whatever it takes for Gus to stay, I'm sure we'll win.

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

Gotta disagree Frank's put that team on his back and played inspirational. He deserved a win

Just now, Barnacle said:

No, they did not make the right call. The whistle should never have been blown dead. That's clearly the wrong call. 

Do you just give Arkansas the ball ?

after the play is over. If they did recover it was after the whistle 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

If those calls happened to us the crying on this board would be unbearable

You are so right there. We are already in meltdown

Just now, ArgoEagle said:

Arky has a decent defense. They held UGA to 5 points in one half.  I think we lose to Tennessee, Bama, Miss St. BC they have really good defenses. The other teams we play don't, so those games are toss ups IMO.

Not if our secondary doesn’t shore up and our defensive line doesn’t get discipline 

Refs gave us this one. How many of Gus' wins are by the skin of his teeth? How many close Ls does he have? Man our program is so disheartening right now

Archived